Universal Tiny Thief (by Rovio Stars)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jul 11, 2013.

1. sneakymax

sneakymax Active Member

Mar 13, 2012
    Glad to hear, I know you've been waiting anxiously for the release, lets see if you manage to get all hidden items ;)

2. epedemix

epedemix Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2009
    This game looks pretty cool, I loved the last game Rovio Stars came out with. I cant wait to try it out, congrats on the release.

3. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    I paid for this one but cannot play it... I am at Barcelonas airport and WiFi here just plain sucks... Only 15 minutes each 24hrs are free and its extremely slow, so far I only "achieved" a 23% less battery and I have 7 hoursstill left to arrive home..., for the rest you have to pay for a premium service... Crap I wanted a game to play in between the wait and the airport but no, Aena (comapny running airports) have become extremely greedy from the last time I flew... Damn!!###

4. Alister

Alister Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    Take care man..

5. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Adorable, simply adorable.
    It's everything I hope to be since I saw the first screenshot long ago...way before it got delayed and Rovio picked this title up to be published.

The characters are so cute and hilarious, they could be part of a Disney Pixar movie hands down, congratulations to the devs.
    Everything is soooooo polished.

It's a bit on the easy side so far, but I hope it gets a bit more difficult later on and, Rovio style, many additional levels will be published.

2 little annoying things I noticed.

1) Even in silence mode, you can hear music from iPhone (I know there is a mute button, but it's not cool in the middle of the night, exlecially when you wake up wife).
    2) Too bad it doesn't support iCloud sync. I noticed that mid game, if you pause, there is a strange icon on the right...I was hoping it was some sort of 'Rovio cloud sync' but so far nothing happens...what is that for?

Anyway, great title...very charming and perfectly executed.
    I guess the Tiny Thief can easily become an iconic character like the famous angry birds or Nom from Cut the rope.

6. sneakymax

sneakymax Active Member

Mar 13, 2012
    Thx for taking the time to share, we are excited to read good feedback about the game directly from the players! The game does get harder as you progress, particularly if you aim to get all the hidden items and ferret.

7. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Are you a dev?
    If yes, congratulations...I'm amazed by the polish and the tone of the title...I guess Tiny Thief will be a franchise soon enough (I know you are dreaming to find a Tiny Thief figure in your next Happy Meal too :p ).

Can you elaborate on point 2?
    What is the 'Rovio' icon for?
    Any plan to add iCloud sync in the future?
    (I'm asking because sneaking in my iPhone at work is much more convenient than sneaking in the iPad....and I want to play :p )

8. sneakymax

sneakymax Active Member

Mar 13, 2012
    Yes, dev here; lets hope we can create more adventures for tiny thief soon ;)
    The Rovio icon button on the lower right will display Rovio News when you have internet access.

No iCloud right now.. maybe in an update cant confirm though, we will try :)

Hope you enjoy the rest of the game!

9. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

I've already three stared every level I've done for now, I just hate to leave an unfinished level! :)

10. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    Well I wasn't expecting it to be 3$.Since I don't own an iPad I am hesitant to buy it on iPhone for that price.And I dont have enough credits too.If anybody could give me a little intro because I haven't followed the thread it would be great.
    But the game itself looks phenomenal!

11. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    I see, thanks!!!

Yeah...I find it unacceptable to leave a level without every objects collected too.
    Some are really hilarious :p

12. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    wonderful game pal, i'm enjoying it a lot!!! hope you'll add more levels in near future ;)

13. nestor

nestor Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    My wife just made fun of me for giggling while playing this game... I just couldn't help myself, some of these levels are so funny! Loving the game, keeping my fingers crossed for DLC in the future. :D

14. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Finally! Airport staff was cool enough to let me go in the VIP Longue and could install it, play it and fully charge my iPhone, YES! Power to those people

As for the game, it is like everybody says, polished, fun and great to play. And its from my country too, Viva España! Having a blast. Hope rovio keeps releasing freemium games without IAP

15. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    I'm sure there must be other people on here who still have an iPad 1: you absolutely have to buy this game. It's becoming more and more rare that a dev goes the extra mile to ensure a game works on "older" devices. I haven't played much yet, but it's such a charming game and it has made me laugh already, which doesn't happen all that often with iOS games. Really happy with this. Thanks devs!

16. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    Could you allow the game to follow the iPhone settings? For instance muting the phone should mute the game? I saw it was released last night, I downloaded it and could not wait to play. It was 4 am - imagine the surprise when the sounds started playing in the nice and quiet bedroom!

The game is polished for sure, but its those little things that you take for granted that really annoy and detract from the whole experience (now fumbling for the volume button while looking for a manual mute switch in game).

17. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    I want to giggle but it's against the rules. :(

/glares at Cyg.

18. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    :)

Watch out if you are on travel...on iPhone for some reason the game sucks the battery as it was no tomorrow.
    On iPad not so much.

Soooooooo fun btw...can't stop playing.

19. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    My game of the week, that's for sure.