Universal Tiny Thief (by Rovio Stars)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jul 11, 2013.

1. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
  2. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Cool, thanks. What about the second part? Like is it trial and error until you figure out the right way or are there multiple ways to succeed?

(Sorry for all the questions. Only have a few bucks and I'm debating between this and saving for other games)

3. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

No problem, totally understand. Not sure yet, still early in the game, but possibly. At the beginning of the level you are shown your objective, you figure out how to complete it with the secondary objectives for a complete rating. Hope this helps.

4. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    In the early levels there is definitely a right way to do things, but who knows, maybe there is an opportunity to try different approaches in later levels as the scenarios get more complicated.

5. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

At last! Feels like I've been waiting forever for this one :D

6. kioshi

kioshi Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Brazil
    #26 kioshi, Jul 11, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2013
    Not a puzzle fan, but I'm strangely compelled to get this one.

7. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Okay so I've decided not to save for Breach and Clear because the Steam sale is tomorrow and I can get the older Rainbow Six games

Which means I can get this game and have enough left for others

So last question: App info says 6 levels. I'm guessing this means like 6 chapters divided into stages? How does that work?

8. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    #28 Candykiller, Jul 11, 2013
    Yeah, each of the 6 chapters is made up of 5 levels. Complete each level to unlock the next one, Angry Birds-style.

9. BrushMyNoseOff

BrushMyNoseOff Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2009
    Coach / Photographer
    NYC
    Completed the first chapter, and thought it was too easy, but the difficulty did pick up with the second string of levels. If you're a perfectionist like myself, finding the damn ferret (I believe it's a ferret!) in each level is a game on its own.

And yes, oozes polish and all that's expected from something stamped with the Rovio name. Cutesy little game, nothing crazy, but I'm enjoying it.

10. sneakymax

sneakymax Active Member

Mar 13, 2012
    The game has 30 levels and some levels will take some time to finish and have several screens!

I think completing the game may require 6-7 hours playing non stop and depending on how fast you solve the puzzles or go for all the hidden items and ferret :D

11. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    Ok I just downloaded it and will give it a try later on, and I will have plenty of time to enjoy it this weekend as there is a mega typhoon coming to Japan and Taiwan....

12. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Stay safe, dude. Keep us posted.

13. SumoSplash

SumoSplash Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    #33 SumoSplash, Jul 11, 2013
    Indeed, but I must say my interest is piqued. Looks like it may have a little Nihilumbra to it with puzzles that are intriguing, mixed up with some super polish and humor.

14. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    The charm in this game is off the charts. I haven't played much so far, but it's looking like a winner.

15. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Was waiting for this title since AGES (waaaaaaaaaaay before Rovio picked this up).

I played just the tutorial and it's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ADORABLE.
    Dumb easy, but SOOOOOOOOOO ADORABLE.

It oozes polish at every tap....too bad it doesn't seem to support iCloud sync (well, at least it's Universal and GC).

Can't wait to play more (on iPad this time).

16. Duloku

Duloku Member

Jul 11, 2013
    I just bought it was a instabuy for me and it is really great but theres just to few levels i Would with love to see more levels :)

17. Squeaker

Squeaker Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Bookland
    #37 Squeaker, Jul 11, 2013
    This game is like Layton Brother for me. Extremely polished in all departments, oozes charm, but somewhat on the easy side. Starting world 4 it's getting a little tedious (again just like Layton Brother) but the puzzles also got better which is a good thing. I hope this game gets DLC down the road since I am already on the way of completing it. Good stuff, casual, but highly enjoyable.

Edit: Played more of world 4. Starting this world the level designs get really really good.

18. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Such a charming and adorable little game. So glad to finally see it out. This was one of the reasons I initially wanted to own an iPad (when it was supposed to be an iPad Only game). Can't recommend it enough.

19. Pipipitchu

Pipipitchu Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    It's like Beat Sneak Bandit without the beat. I've played only the tutorial, but it looks, feels and plays like a great game.

20. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

It's everything I hoped it would be. It's fun, polished, funny, addictive and beyond charming.
    It takes a lot of cues from Zack and Wiki but with a different coat of paint and tailored for a mobile device. I'm already at world 4 so the only thing I'm hoping is that Tiny Thief is a success and that we get more levels via DLC.