Universal Tiny Rails (by Tiny Titan Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Jayg2015, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Unstablefan

Unstablefan Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2013
    Game is gorgeous but the more I play the more unsure I am regarding where the "game" is. It seems to be "on rails" - literally. I get that if I watch the game run I can see thinks like moments to capture, and it seems that buying and selling goods unlocks quest rewards (although it is unclear to me how to reliably know what goods if any should actually be purchased). But it seems like mostly it plays itself. To be fair, I am still on my first "lap" around USA East, so it may open up as I continue playing.

2. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Figured out one secret

click on the vending machines glass while it's on screen to get it to crack for the "cracked" secret

3. akesson

akesson Member

Sep 11, 2012
    One more

If you click on the passenger list and then on one of the passengers "avatar"

4. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    The weight is clearly shown in the train stats window. It looks like a weight, and is shown as a %.
    Most of the stats have an explanation.

5. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    No Mario yet so I'm downloading this, I like tycoon games so I'll have to see what this is like. Although I don't want to sink too much time in until the save bug update arrives.

6. AlexanderHamilton

AlexanderHamilton Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2016
    He means that you don't know the weight of each individual car, just the weight of the entire train so you have to do some trial and error to see how much weight each car will add

7. qiangc12b

qiangc12b Member

Oct 18, 2012
    Impatient secret unlock
    To unlock the "Impatient" secret, tap the top of the screen where it says the distance remaining until your next station. This will bring up a dialogue box where the conductor explains what the information is telling you, and it also unlocks the secret.
    Sun secret unlock
    When your train is travelling along, tap the sun a few times. Occasionally it will set and make the screen go dark for a couple of seconds. This unlocks one of the secrets. (Sometimes when I tap the sun sun multiple times it works, sometimes it doesn't. I haven't yet worked out the pattern of when it does and doesn't work).

8. Jayg2015

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Found another secret.
    "Pen and Ink"
    open quest log , in top left corner their is an old ink pen , click it continuously until achievement pops up

9. PicardsFlute

PicardsFlute New Member

Dec 15, 2016
    I meant of individual cars. There's no way to know that a Modern Passenger Car weighs more than Behemoth Food Car without trying both of them and seeing if your weight percent goes up or down.

Which seems weird, because cars seem to have a weight stat on the left, but it's 0 for every car I own at least.

10. Snotty128

Snotty128 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2013
    Im not sure how much 'game' there is here, but there is certainly plenty to explore. I particularly love how the ui fades away when youre not using it, so you can watch the countryside roll past.

But then again Im the kind of wierdo that enjoys watching 'Slow tv: train ride from Bergen to Oslo'

11. Gluskap

Gluskap Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2015
    I'm not sure why but I keep losing my progress (car level) and items that I've won (rare car ;( )

12. Bubuhubu

Bubuhubu New Member

Dec 16, 2016
    After watching lots of ads for free gold and gems, this stopped working.
    The videos wont start playing, neither do i recieve gold or gems.
    Too get this working again i needed to reinstall the app...
    Ive done this three times already :confused:

Neither does this game save the right way, so game progress can be lost all the time.

13. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Don't quit the game until you reach a station

That's the only way I've seen it save for sure. So you'll have to leave your app open and whatnot.

14. korossyl

korossyl Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2013
    Wow, this is a masterful "game." It has just enough decisionmaking to keep my attention, but the crux of the experience is setting up a nice train and watching it roll through some glorious vistas. I guess it's hard to put into words why a game like this works (or doesn't), but this one absolutely does. Beautifully done.

But the bugs, oh my -- yes, the ads buffer for about half a minute, then don't load -- I can't get any of the bonuses at all.

Worse, the train itself has some pretty big issues. One of my cars will be randomly transparent for long periods, which I can only fix by switching it in and out. And at night, the lights on the various cars (and engine) often don't come on; again, it can only be fixed by switching in and out. This one's major, since the whole game is held together by looking gorgeous, and this cuts to the heart of that.

Finally, I wish there was a way to prevent the game from running in the background. I stopped for an hour, and in that time, my train visited several new cities I was looking firward to seeing.

The bugs DO need fixing, but the game is excellent!

15. the_goat_king

the_goat_king Member

Feb 20, 2015
    Howdy Devs. Should I be seeing progress on the goals for the East Coast chapter 1 part of the game? Played for about three hours and all the goals on the map page are still at zero. Thanks.

16. bluspacecow

bluspacecow Well-Known Member

May 3, 2012
    #36 bluspacecow, Dec 17, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2016
    Tap the Train icon on the button bar on the bottom of the screen.

The game will not allow passengers to be dropped off while your editing your train effectively stopping the train at the city until you exit out of edit mode.

I'm playing at Work between calls so I use this when I'm about to come into a station and a customer is calling in.

17. Jayg2015

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    I'm not collecting any money I've earned while not playing.

18. bluspacecow

May 3, 2012
    Anyone figured out how the Happiness mechanic works ?

I think it works like this :

* Passengers leave reviews.
    * At each station your happiness % is recalculated based on those reviews.
    * Having the right Food / Comfort / Entertainment and Facilities numbers can directly affect your happiness levels.

For example my first train setup had 32 % Happiness but had 0 Facilities. Once I equipped a car with 2 Toilets on it it jumped right up to 78 %

19. korossyl

korossyl Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2013
    Have you upgraded your max gold? There's a cap on how much you can have, which you can raise incrementally, but any you gain above that is lost.

20. bluspacecow

May 3, 2012