Universal Tiny Guardians (by Kurechii)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Apr 15, 2015.

1. InkyTheGhost

InkyTheGhost Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2012
    NYC
    Gotta agree, this game is actually excellent! Definitely gets challenging in a fun way. I like that it encourages you to try out different parties.
    Got two questions. First, which is a better first buy, paladin or sentinel? Kind of torn.
    Also, sometimes when I get 50 mana it makes me choose a card that isn't a character and then tap Lunalie...what exactly is happening there?
    Cheers to the devs. Lots of people claim to put a spin on TD, but this one is really unique!

2. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I agree that needs to be explained in a tutorial. Took me a while to figure out. That's basically increasing your max party size. You always start with 3 and once you max out it'll give you the 50 mana option to upgrade the party size.

3. InkyTheGhost

Jul 12, 2012
    NYC
    Ah, now I feel stupid for not realizing that. Is the max 4?

4. ednan

ednan Well-Known Member

#64 ednan, Apr 18, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2015
    I believe it's 5, at least that's the maximum I got until now

Edit: now I can use 6 :)

5. kurechii

kurechii Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2013
    Indie Game Developer
    Malaysia
    When you max out your party, the option to enlarge it by one will appear (the card).
    Thanks for mentioning it needs a tutorial, we'll see what we can do with that!

A question for players: do you think the tutorials so far are too lengthy/draggy though?

The maximum is 6 :D

6. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    I hope you can prioritize making a larger interface for phone screens. I know you have great quality assets so they won't look ugly when blown up a scale.

I've noticed I've been dragging the wrong magic spells very often because the icons are too small (and i have small fingers). Also mid fight is near impossible to sell a unit with accuracy or upgrade it quick enough because of the small icons.

Also in the future maybe you should add an option to put health bars on the top left side of the screen so we can see who's dying, and also maybe clicking on them to select the character. When battles are intense it's hard to find out who's dying and dragging them out.

As for tutorials I don't have a problem with the length right more at all :)

7. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Ahhh I had no idea what that meant either! I didn't even realise you could have more than 3....

8. InkyTheGhost

Jul 12, 2012
    NYC
    Wow, finally beat circus grounds on easy. Got two stars. This game is tough.
    Started with Hunter and Knight, which was pretty effective. Then added Archer, Berserker, and another Archer.
    Got the Cleric, which should mix things up!

9. kurechii

Sep 4, 2013
    Indie Game Developer
    Malaysia
    Thanks for the suggestions! We originally wanted to include health bars - but thought it might be a bit too overwhelming for casual players. Will keep it in mind and see what we can do!

Also, you can zoom slightly on phones to tap on units/etc easier! We know the interface is rather small - and will try to improve on it!

In case you missed the tips: playing later levels, getting stars there, upgrading and coming back to a certain level for three stars works well :) Especially after getting newer units too!

Just remember to trigger waves as early as you can and not let Lunalie get damaged a lot to get 3 stars!

10. diegohostettler

diegohostettler Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2014
    Lvl 7 is impossible to 3 star. There is no way to avoid the poison no matter what u do. Also you cannot use new units on previous levels..

11. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Highly recommend the Paladin. Best unit by far. Buy him first.

Best Team (currently): Paladin - Paladin - Paladin - Hunter (or another ranged) - Magician - Cleric (or another of your choice)

Basically a wall of heavy defense / attack and solid support to keep them alive. With a cleric, your paladins should be even more invincible.

12. InkyTheGhost

Jul 12, 2012
    NYC
    Paladin it is then! Thanks!
    I'm guessing that on some levels it will be a necessity to call waves early in order to get 3 stars. Probably where the trap will come in handy.

13. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    I've been loving the paladin / cleric / berserker / Hunter combo

Make sure to beef up your paladin and cleric in the skill trees! Really makes a difference

14. ednan

ednan Well-Known Member

I think many occasions you *have* to call early in order to get 3 stars.

15. Dentorin

Dentorin Active Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Is anyone else experiencing crashes? For a while it was just every time that I tapped an unlocked achievement but now it's also crashing mid level. Playing on a Mini with Retina.

16. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    #76 L.Lawliet, Apr 18, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2015
    I'm having trouble using the Beserker because he can't sustain much damage and for the same price you can have Paladin, the ultimate unit :) is there any way you use him? I honestly think he should reduce his cost to at least 120 to make him more desirable.

Paladin I always start a level with. I believe tanks are the most important in this game and Paladin boasts attack, defense, and healing all in one. Sentinel was fun in his level but he's basically a stronger Archer. He can fit the party after you've buffed up with tanks.

17. ednan

ednan Well-Known Member

Berserker is ok of you pay a lot of attention to him and have a cleric. But yeah, it's kinda of questionable if he is worth the price IMO

18. imyiwei

imyiwei Member

Nov 15, 2013
    Berserker have higher splash damage compared to Paladin, however Berserker do not have any def.This make him required support from Cleric or Spell Regen to act as a tanker.

I personally like to summon Berserker and level up him once to take advantage of his 1st skill.
    Berserker is warrior type, he attracts enemy to surround him, and when his Spin, he can easily take out the surrounding enemies in 1 skill. Best way to describe him is offence is the best defence?

Pretty useful for those levels / waves with many enemies.

19. ednan

ednan Well-Known Member

Yeah, if there is a cleric giving proper support, he can do crowd control nicely enough

20. kurechii

Sep 4, 2013
    Indie Game Developer
    Malaysia
    There's always moving on to another level to get stars, and upgrading your classes and active skills before trying for 3-stars in a previous level :) Upgrades make a difference!

We've also posted up a control video - especially for players who are playing on the phone. We know that the size of many things are smaller than compared to tablets, but you CAN zoom - in case you haven't tried!