Universal Tiny Guardians (by Kurechii)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    been playing this more and wow I'm loving it so much. the music and art so cute and chibi hah.

2. FreshCuppa

FreshCuppa Member

Feb 28, 2013
    #42 FreshCuppa, Apr 16, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2015
    Really impressed, well done!

I only played the first three levels on story and challenge mode and quickly checked the info screens but wow this little gem is fun! Art and music are stunning and the gameplay dips right into my love for TD games like Kingdom Rush... but this one here feels fresh and shiny. :D

EDIT: found a bug in the Overgrowth level. One of the Pippops that got spawned wasn't regarded an enemy, so my team just stood there without attacking and I had to restart

3. EpicGamerDude

EpicGamerDude Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2013
    The art! So beautiful and clean! I love it! Also, gameplay is engrossing and unique! Like a new, fresh kr! Guys get this.

4. ShinHadoukin

ShinHadoukin Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2015
    Ednan,

Thank for replying. I meant nothing negative in my comment/question. There are many games that leave things open for a free route, & then did. I don't expect the world for 3.99 & want to pay for what I play. However, I hate buying a game that later is .99 or free & then has freemium elements. Looks great & everybody loves it so I'll try it out. Opinions later...

Developers,

Thanks for being involved!!!

5. ednan

ednan Well-Known Member

Sorry if my reply made you think you meant something negative. I understand what you mean, I fell for this many times.This one does not leave things open for freemium elements IMO. Of course one can change everything, rebalance etc. But they didn’t do it with King’s League, and I really don’t see it happening here, unless they do major changes.

As a rule, I always check the IAPs in iTunes before buying, if there’s no “Pack of 100 gems” or something like that it’s ok in my book :).

6. kurechii

kurechii Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2013
    Indie Game Developer
    Malaysia
    Thank you! Regarding the bug, we've been notified of that and have updated with a patch, you can download it when it's up! :)

To everyone else, glad you're enjoying Tiny Guardians! Happy journeying!

7. Water

Water Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2015
    Game Dev
    Japan
    I've downloaded this app and played 2 hours.And now I got stuck at the 4th battle.
    I changed the difficulty "easy", but still hard to beat the scorpion-like boss.

8. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    You have to just keep moving. Generally have at least 2 melee units (rogue / knight). When someone gets low health, move them and the scorpion will retarget another unit. Keep repeating it. When it's shooting poison, spread out. Once you get the hang of it, it should be easier. I noticed the main strategy in this TD is micro managing units. You have to know when to move the units away and keep them at the best position.

9. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Yeah the red marks are "telegraphs" of incoming damage, try to maneuver with that in mind. Really cool actually, that fight was my favorite so far

10. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

Man I am so dumb, lol. The art work looked a little familiar, then I read the first page app info, damn how could I missed this, loved Kings League! Downloading now!!!

11. kurechii

Sep 4, 2013
    Indie Game Developer
    Malaysia
    L.Lawliet and KeKhan gave pretty good tips! Don't forget to customize your upgrades based on the party combination you'll use as well :) And use your active skills well! A well-timed-and-placed Regen and Starfall can help ease the battle!

Thanks for the support :D

12. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Thoroughly enjoying it so far but I've really stuck to Knights (just beat the scorpion) and not used the rogue at all yet

Quick question tho - how do you remove a unit? The tutorial says to swipe across the screen but I don't seem to be able to get it to work.....

13. ednan

ednan Well-Known Member

You select the unit, there is a thin bar underneath their stats (health etc.). Swipe from right to left there.
    It is kinda hard to see if you are on an iPhone.

I switched to my iPad to play, it's way better.

14. diegohostettler

diegohostettler Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2014
    Stuck on lol 7 onwards on EASY to get the 3rd star. Wasted a couple hours on lvl 7 alone to get the last star without luck. Anyone done it? Game gets very hard even on easy difficulty. Maybe a tad to hard for my taste;)

15. ednan

ednan Well-Known Member

I haven't played past level 6 because of time constraints, but I agree it is somewhat difficult at times. Usually proper micro managing units helps a lot.

I*think* we are supposed to come back later and get the inal star when we have our units better upgraded (or I just plainly suck XD)

16. kurechii

Sep 4, 2013
    Indie Game Developer
    Malaysia
    There is a dismiss bar at the bottom of the screen, in the middle along with your unit's stats and information. Just hold the button on the right and swipe left! :)

Practice makes perfect! A tip about star points: you earn them from killing enemies and triggering early waves; and lose them if Lunalie is damaged. So a way is to trigger waves earlier, and minimize the damage dealt to Lunalie!

What Ednan suggested works as well - get more stars in later levels, tweak your upgrades and party combinations - and go again with a stronger force :D

17. rbates

rbates Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012
    I'm having a lot of fun with this one. It reminds me of Kingdom Rush but not a cheap knock-off. It has polish and unique gameplay.

18. Stevencarla

Stevencarla Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2011
    HONG KONG
    i prefer this one more actually....

one thing i wanna know is that do ae get all the heros without paying or there are exclusive ones that have to be paid for ?

19. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Nice one thanks. I'm on the iPad and I still missed it.....!

20. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    You can get all the heroes by playing, and completing quests from the tavern -
    You can buy "skins" for heroes with real cash that just change the look of existing heroes, no stat changes.