Universal Tiny Guardians (by Kurechii)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Jake7905

Jake7905 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Nice, skins for support. Definitely not the usual IAP, and not the usual TD game, count me in.

2. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    cool I love when my hero/character look different in game! will buy :) been playing for 10 minutes actually and I got to say the art is fantastic! ^^ giving me that hero emblem/ kingdom rush vibe

3. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Liking this more and more. May be the only bright spot in a seemingly fruitless week.

4. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Please add an endless or randomly generated mode!!!

5. kurechii

kurechii Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2013
    Indie Game Developer
    Malaysia
    You'll also get to try the skins our in certain levels, so you can decide after if you wish to purchase it :)

Thanks for the support, am glad you're enjoying the game!

Do enjoy the game! And don't hesitate to let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions.

Thanks for the suggestion! We will see if we can implement anything of similar feature in the future :)

6. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I'm really enjoying the game. Probably the sharpest graphics I've ever seen for a mobile TD. Love it!

I do wish the interface and text were bigger for the iPhone but it's still very playable.

7. kurechii

Sep 4, 2013
    Indie Game Developer
    Malaysia
    In case you've missed our launch trailer:

We're really happy you appreciate the sharp graphics!
    The team has taken note about the interface and text sizes, thanks for the feedback.

8. ginkomanc

ginkomanc Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2013
    As soon as I saw the team behind kings league I bashed the buy button. I can honestly say that game is in my top3 best iOS games ever,superb stuff,hope we get a sequel sometime. Anyway,TD is my fave genre so I know that these guys will have made an awesome addition to that category

9. tabs

tabs Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Philippines
    No wonder the Icon (Kurechii) looks familiar, thanks for the heads up. Big fan of Kings League also.

TD+Cards, should be fun! Grabbing this game once my faster internet is up. :D

10. BadMrFrosty

BadMrFrosty Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    $3.99 and IAP? What are the IAPs for? Just skins or an indication that this will be going F2P next week?

I loved the Kings game but hesitant to buy.

11. Aerys

Aerys Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2014
    Nice game but I have a problem within in app purchase. When I tried to buy Sentinel the screen froze. Then I had to exit the game, restart it, try to restore purchase, again everything froze. Exit again, start the game, try to buy again, app said I already have it and if I would like it for free. I said yes, the game froze again, exit, start, restore purchase and it worked. Maybe it is beacuse my old hardware, I have iPad 3, but the game itself runs fine.

12. kurechii

Sep 4, 2013
    Indie Game Developer
    Malaysia
    The IAP are alternative appearances to the Tier 1 units that you do NOT need to win the game. They have the same stats and skills, and are there for you to purchase only if you wish to support us as the development team :) Everything else can be obtained through playing the game itself.

Hi there, we know of the problem and have already worked on it! We're waiting for the approval to go through - when it does the issue should be fixed. We apologize for the inconvenience, and will update with a change log when the patch is up!

13. BadMrFrosty

BadMrFrosty Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Oh, ok! Purchasing now :)

14. Aerys

Aerys Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2014
    IAPS are for skins (have no effect on character) or if you want access to some units early on. Special units (palladin, sentinel...) can be unlocked using coins which you get for completing quests in the tavern or you can buy them for 1.99€.
    It is similar like heroes on Kingdom Rush, some you get for free, some you need to buy. But there you can not earn all heroes through playing, but here you can. For me it is IAPs like they should be done in every game.

15. ednan

ednan Well-Known Member

#35 ednan, Apr 16, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2015
    I loved King’s League, but it was far too short. Any ideas on how long this one is?

Edit: never mind, bought it anyway. I’ve been following this one since the first time they tweeted about it :)

16. kurechii

Sep 4, 2013
    Indie Game Developer
    Malaysia
    There are a total of 14 levels. Each level comes with 2 modes: Story and Challenge, and in 3 difficulties (Easy, Normal, Hard). If you stick to one difficulty (and assuming you win in one try), there are a total of 28 levels with each at the average of 10 minutes long.

There are also a bunch of achievements to unseal :)

17. ednan

ednan Well-Known Member

Great! Thanks for the answer.

Finishing the download right now :D

18. ShinHadoukin

ShinHadoukin Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2015
    Game looks great...I'm 1 second from buying. However, I am always apprehensive about a purchase when there is IAP in the background. It often leads to a game being free in the future. My issue with that is the balance of a game. When a game is free it is balanced to get people to spend & therefore loses a natural progression. I spend money on all games I like so this is not an issue of being cheap.

The developer being is this forum says a lot!!! I appreciate that. That alone usually tells me a game is worth it.

Any thoughts out there? Developer?

Thanks for your time!!!

19. ednan

ednan Well-Known Member

There are no consumables... The IAP are for alternate skins and to unlock characters earlier than you would otherwise. There's no "balancing to stimulate F2P" thing.
    I believe you can see the IAP without purchasing the app...

20. kurechii

Sep 4, 2013
    Indie Game Developer
    Malaysia
    Thanks for replying before us Ednan!

To clarify: the IAP are alternative appearances for the Tier 1 units - with same stats and skills. You do NOT need them to win the game, and are there for purchase if you wish to support us as developers :) Every other character can be bought through coins that you will definitely be able to earn in game. I hope this clears it up for you, ShinHadoukin!