Tiny design suggestion

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by Spore Productions, Jul 30, 2018.

1. Spore Productions

Spore Productions Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2013
    Game Developer
    Toronto
    Hi. I love the new design! Love the subtle gradient usage (seems to be the new thing now, kind of a "Flat Design 2.0"

Anyways, as a designer myself, I know that the process often involves experimenting by adding lots of elements and then you dial it back, remove things until you're left with a simple "less is more" design that "breathes". So that said, I want to point out to you (to convey to your designers) that those circle elements in your headers are completely unnecessary visual elements and the also don't tie in to any other elements of the page design. So ditch those and stick to just the gradient.

upload_2018-7-30_9-24-53.png

Also, some have pointed out blurry feature images on the homepage. That is likely due to the resolution of images uploaded being too low and the system is scaling them up and/or the media settings aren't configured optimally.

Feel free to message me if you'd like to discuss further. I spend half my time making games, but the other half of my time is spent designing and developing Wordpress websites for clients.

Thanks!
    RB