Universal Tiny Dangerous Dungeons (by Jussi Simpanen)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Andy C83, Apr 1, 2015.

1. Oats

Oats Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Accounting Monkey
    Sunny California
    I purchased this game this morning and just had time to finish it this evening. Such an awesome game!
    I love the pixel work that went into the game, especially the save statue!
    I hope you make more sequels of this brave adventurer #
    By the way, did I happen to miss his name in the intro; what's the adventurers name?

2. dalbertson

dalbertson Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Quick update. After deleting and reinstalling the freeze and stutter disappeared. Great game!

3. Rebusmind

Rebusmind Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2014
    Game Designer
    Berlin, Germany
    @Oats
    His name is Timmy and he was the star in several of his games, so there's a good chance you'll see Timmy again. :D

4. AdventureIslands

AdventureIslands Well-Known Member

Thanks! Glad you like the game.

His name is Timmy. He previously showed up in my very first game Dangerous Dungeons, almost 4 years ago! The original game is still playable here http://www.stencyl.com/game/play/4102 but it's not a metroidvania though, but a level based platformer. It's pretty rough around the edges and hard as hell, because of my lack of game dev experience back then.

Tiny Dangerous Dungeons is sort of a sequel to that game, and closer to what original Dangerous Dungeons was supposed to be, with huge dungeon to explore and new skills to unlock.

I have some plans for new adventures for Timmy, either a complete remake of the first Dangerous Dungeons, or a new metroidvania platformer. Or both! We'll see.

5. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    I say BOTH! I love this game!

6. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    #46 CygnetSeven, Apr 6, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2015
    Level 6 of DD is diabolical!

Edit: I take that back, the one with the big rolling ball is worse!

7. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Every time I think I'm about to be board with this game, a new game play method is introduced that renegades me.

8. korkidog

korkidog Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 12, 2012
    Illinois
    I love this game, but I'm getting frame drops on the iPhone 6 Plus. On the level with arrows at the top shooting left and right if I die, the game freezes.

9. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Starting to freeze non stop. Don't want to lose progress....any suggestions?

10. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    [​IMG]

[thread=258426][​IMG][/thread] [thread=258478][​IMG][/thread] [thread=258419][​IMG][/thread] [thread=258534][​IMG][/thread] [thread=258552][​IMG][/thread]
    [thread=258562][​IMG] [/thread][thread=258473][​IMG][/thread] [thread=258420][​IMG][/thread] [thread=258345][​IMG][/thread]

Tiny Dangerous Dungeons

[​IMG]

Is one of the nominees for

Touch Arcade Forums' Game Of The Week

2nd April 2015

VOTE HERE

Developers, publishers and/or affiliates cannot vote for their own games!!

11. Glorkbot

Glorkbot Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2013
    Cartoonist
    #51 Glorkbot, Apr 9, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2015
    It's started to freeze on me every time I lose all my hearts, on a gray screen.

It happens on the way to or from the final key. (Nope, I was wrong, it happens everywhere.)

Attached Files:

12. Glorkbot

Glorkbot Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2013
    Cartoonist
    image.jpg

I found a cool thing to do, and I thought I had found a secret, but there was nothing over there.

13. Oats

Oats Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Accounting Monkey
    Sunny California
    An update just popped up for game fixes (Version 1.1). #

14. paulkane

paulkane Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Library automaton
    Denver
    Still getting freezes every time I lose all hearts. I have updated.

15. AdventureIslands

#55 AdventureIslands, Apr 17, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2015
    So I finally got my hands on a iPhone 6 Plus and ran through the game collecting all the items, and I didn't run into a single framerate or crash issue. Makes fixing them little problematic when I can't reproduce them.

However some folks have been reporting me that deleting and reinstalling the game fixed their problems, so. If you have framerate drops or crashing, try doing that.

Also make sure you don't have like 100+ different apps running on the background when playing the game.

16. Zineman

Zineman Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2014
    Like a few other people, game is pretty much broken for me at the minute due to the freeze when losing my final heart followed by the hanging grey screen. I've tried the delete reinstall which worked for a while, but when you get further into the game it happens again and I've no desire to keep doing that and losing progress. Im also finding sometimes that when I jump sideways, sometimes the sideways movement slows and I don't get the expected distance; i'm pretty sure this isn't down to my thumb slipping out of the button area. I'm loving the game by the way but these issues are so frustrating. I'm playing the latest version on iOS 8.3 on an iPhone 5. I've made sure I've got no other apps running in the background as well.

17. Andy C83

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    I was having the same problems, deleting and reinstalling seems to have fixed it for me. Yay! I can finally go after Matt's impressive speed run time. ;)

18. mixete

mixete Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Just picked this up and I have to say I'm really enjoying every minute. Nice graphic style and smooth gameplay. No crashes or freezes so far, although there are some really weird framerate drops. iPhone 6 Plus using 8.4 beta if it helps.

19. AdventureIslands

There is a small update out now that fixes some small issues like how you could sometimes jump through final boss' projectiles. I also further adjusted how dying and damage works so hope the game runs little better now.

The game is now also available for Android on Google Play

20. Andy C83

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    #60 Andy C83, Aug 5, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
    Took some time today to complete everything in the game, including collecting all fruit in one run and beating the game without saving. Such a fun little game.

So what's next, Jussi?? :)