Universal Tiny Bubbles (by Pine Street Codeworks)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Andy C83, May 8, 2018.

1. Bantocks

Bantocks Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2013
    My partner has finished the game.

Is there a secret or hidden world? She mentioned a dead link on one of the worlds.

2. Pine Street Codeworks

Pine Street Codeworks Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2017
    Seattle WA
    There are 7 worlds total, currently and no secret ones. I'm not sure what you mean by a "dead link," but perhaps it's the dashed circle at the top of the Foam School world? You can find out about that and more on our F.A.Q. web page.

Bantocks likes this.
  3. dukat111

dukat111 Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2010
    What did today’s update change?
    The description says iPhone Max support but I’m not spotting the change.

Appreciate the continued updates, this is still my choice for iPhone game of the year.

Pine Street Codeworks likes this.
  4. Pine Street Codeworks

Jul 26, 2017
    Seattle WA
    Do you have the new iPhone XS Max? In previous versions, some UI elements (buttons/text) would be hidden behind the notch. I was only able to test it on a simulator, since I don't have an actual device. The new update should say v1.3.52 at the bottom of the Credits page in Tiny Bubbles game settings. If you have an iPhone XS, XR, or XS Max and you're still seeing UI problems, please let me know so we can try and get it fixed ASAP.

There were additional changes in this update:
    • Improved visual quality on larger screens (some graphics were pixellated).
    • ARCADE puzzles now let you know when you've beaten a high score on replay.
    • ARCADE worlds now track total score for all games in that world. Leaderboards coming soon in a future update.
    • Various minor bug fixes.
    Thanks so much!

5. dukat111

Mar 23, 2010
    Yes I have the Max and now that you mentioned it I do remember the notch blocking some menu items.

They are all well below the notch now, looks good.

Thanks again!

6. Pine Street Codeworks

Jul 26, 2017
    Seattle WA

Cool, OK so just to be 100% clear, the notch blocked stuff *before* the update, but now it's working? :)

7. Pine Street Codeworks

Jul 26, 2017
    Seattle WA
    Here's an example of the new highscore feature:

[​IMG]

In this case, I replayed Crazy Cone and it's showing that I beat the best time, but I didn't finish with more than 1 move (the previous best for the Moves Left score).

dukat111 likes this.
  8. dukat111

Mar 23, 2010
    Yep, so far haven’t noticed anything stuck behind the notch.

Nice score feature!

9. Pine Street Codeworks

Jul 26, 2017
    Seattle WA
    Glad it's working - thanks for the confirmation.

10. dukat111

Mar 23, 2010
    New iPads are out.
    Please update to support new 11" aspect ratio, until then it looks smaller than on the 10.5"

Thank you! :)

11. Pine Street Codeworks

Jul 26, 2017
    Seattle WA

What does it look like? Tiny Bubbles should support any aspect ratio. Is it letterboxing?

12. dukat111

Mar 23, 2010
    Yes, it is letter boxing on all 4 sides.

Can't see it in a photo because the black bars and bezel blend, but it appears to have approximately 5mm bar on top and bottom and a 15mm bar on left and right side.

13. Pine Street Codeworks

Jul 26, 2017
    Seattle WA
    #153 Pine Street Codeworks, Nov 7, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
    OK, strange. Thanks for reporting this. Looks like Apple requires developers to rebuild their apps using the latest XCode. I will work on this for the next update, but might take a few weeks.

dukat111 likes this.
  14. Pine Street Codeworks

Jul 26, 2017
    Seattle WA
    Hey everyone, just posting here that Tiny Bubbles is now officially released for Android, in case you iOS players want to pick it up on Android tablets or have friends who've been waiting patiently. ;)

You can find it on Google Play and the Amazon Appstore.

That's all. Cheers!

15. dukat111

Mar 23, 2010
    Thanks for updating for new iPad Pro support, looks fantastic on the huge screen now.

16. dukat111

Mar 23, 2010
    Good day Pine Street!

I just got a notification of new worlds being added to Tiny Bubbles!

Can you share details?.. how many new levels were added? Were new mechanics added?

Looking forward to getting back into it, appreciate the continued support and development. Disappointed Tiny Bubbles didn't get showcased in the App Store for a week, it deserves to be in the top games of the year list.

17. Pine Street Codeworks

Jul 26, 2017
    Seattle WA
    Huh, that's strange, I haven't announced anything. From where, do you have a screenshot?

Thanks, I appreciate that. Tiny Bubbles did actually get a featured "Great on iPhone XR" close to the end of the year and we were Game of the Day a couple months before that, which was great. Apple does their Game of the Year stuff in December, which is a very short list of games. Send me a link, if you saw a yearly round-up type of thing.

It was nice to see Tiny Bubbles in a lot of "Best of 2018" lists, such as AppUnwrapper, AppSpy, Touch Arcade, WhatToPlay, etc.

18. dukat111

Mar 23, 2010
    The notification appeared on my iPad in the Notification Center, when I clicked on it the notification went away so unfortunately no screenshot.

My phone did not get the notification, just the iPad.

19. dukat111

Mar 23, 2010
    The notification popped up again. These started today, otherwise haven’t had any notifications from Tiny Bubble in months.
    https://imgur.com/a/ZmB3LZ5

I think the first time it appeared I saw the word 'new' and merged it with the first sentence thinking new world. It disappeared so couldn't re-read it before.

20. Pine Street Codeworks

Jul 26, 2017
    Seattle WA
    Yeah that notification is just telling you that there is a world in the game that you haven't yet unlocked (at least for the current player profile). I added that notification because some players were missing that there was more content to unlock in the game.