Universal Tiny Bubbles (by Pine Street Codeworks)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Andy C83, May 8, 2018.

1. Pine Street Codeworks

Pine Street Codeworks Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2017
    Seattle WA
    Well, we had a few last-minute bugs that prevented approval, but those are fixed and we're waiting for Apple review again on the update. Here are the official release notes for version 1.2.1:

● Support for landscape orientation
    ● iCloud Save: Your player profiles across all your devices
    ● Reduced the difficulty of some overly-hard games
    ● Various bug fixes and visual improvements

I'll post again once the update has been officially pushed to the App Store.

2. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Cool. Wondered what had happened. I’ve been checking every 2-3 days

Pine Street Codeworks likes this.
  3. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    NOW we’re leaving The Dream!

So happy right now

4. Pine Street Codeworks

Jul 26, 2017
    Seattle WA

You mean because the update (v1.2.1) just got released?!? :)
    IMG_1152.jpg
    (landscape support on all devices - more useful on iPad I think)

I would love to hear what you guys think of the iCloud sync.

5. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    Because this game needed landscape support more than everyone else.

NOW it is complete, and it is a GREAT game.

I love it

6. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Just noticed it. Now to go back to playing

7. Pine Street Codeworks

Jul 26, 2017
    Seattle WA
    I'm seeing a few automated crash reports from this updated build, unfortunately, the reports don't give much information other than it being related to text. I was contacted by one user who was seeing a problem with text getting corrupted or text not displaying the right message. If anyone is seeing these issues, please email support AT pinestreetcodeworks.com and let me know so I can track down the problem. Thanks!

8. dukat111

dukat111 Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2010
    Thanks for landscape mode!

I'm unable to get cloud sync to work. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling on the iPad (Phone is the source) but still no sync.

Suggestions?

9. Pine Street Codeworks

Jul 26, 2017
    Seattle WA
    You're welcome! The player profiles on the iPad and iPhone will coexist at the same time. So if, for example, you want the iPad to play the game on the iPhone, you'll need to open Settings > Players and switch to the iPhone player (they may have the same name, but you can change it). Afterward, you can delete the players that you no longer want.

Sometimes, the players will not yet be saved to the cloud. In order to save them, you'll need to select a player and then do something like complete a puzzle or rename the player. A tiny blue cloud icon should appear next to a profile that has been saved to iCloud. It may take a few minutes for the save to appear on your other devices. Hope this helps!

iCloud - Players.jpg

dukat111 likes this.
  10. Pine Street Codeworks

Jul 26, 2017
    Seattle WA
    I just created an Official Tiny Bubbles F.A.Q. Some of your great questions from this thread have been incorporated. If you guys have suggestions for other questions I should include, please let me know. What was the most confusing when you first played? Thanks!!

11. Roonski

Roonski New Member

Jul 17, 2018
    36B4F862-BACF-4A00-BEEE-833F22A1F0F0.jpeg C2A11E43-9E00-495C-8E3E-848CA3605034.png Hi ,

Latest version of Tiny Bubbles has the wrong text messages everywhere, and crashes often when I try to play
    I have iPhone 7+, iOS 11.4.1

I tried to email your support email, but it bounces. Have you even tested it? see the response below:

We're writing to let you know that the group you tried to contact (support) may not exist, or you may not have permission to post messages to the group. A few more details on why you weren't able to post:

* You might have spelled or formatted the group name incorrectly.

* The owner of the group may have removed this group.

* You may need to join the group before receiving permission to post.

* This group may not be open to posting.

If you have questions related to this or any other Google Group, visit the Help Center at https://support.google.com/a/pinestreetcodeworks.com/bin/topic.py?topic=25838.

12. Pine Street Codeworks

Jul 26, 2017
    Seattle WA
    We are aware of this bug, thanks for the report. We updated our text translation plug-in (3rd party software) and now users are reporting that text is getting lost! We're waiting for Apple TestFlight approval so that we can test a possible fix. The problem seems to be limited to certain devices, we are not able to reproduce it internally. Since you are, perhaps you can help us test a possible fix through TestFlight (build version 1.3)?

Thanks for reporting this also. We had an issue with our server and it should be working now. If you're interested in testing out the fix, please try emailing us again and we'll send you a TestFlight invite.

13. dukat111

dukat111 Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2010
    I renamed the player, played 1 game, then it went to the cloud, now I can play in iPad! Fantastic!

14. Pine Street Codeworks

Jul 26, 2017
    Seattle WA
    We've been testing a fix to @Roonski 's problem (update 1.3) and our fix seems to be working! An update should be coming later in the week.

15. Bantocks

Bantocks Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2013
    Just bought this game based on recommendations on this thread.

It’s buggy as hell. Game keeps crashing. Playing on iPad Pro 2, iPhone 7 Plus and iPhone se and all have the same issue.

Also no instructions as to what the goal is on each level. Are you meant to guess these.

Not sure why this has got positive reviews. It looks good but plays awful. Crashing is so frustrating.

16. Pine Street Codeworks

Jul 26, 2017
    Seattle WA
    Really sorry it's not working! I have a fix coming very soon. Hold tight I promise it will be much better after the update!! If you want to email support AT pinestreetcodeworks.com I can get you the fix early via TestFlight.

Bantocks likes this.
  17. Pine Street Codeworks

Jul 26, 2017
    Seattle WA
    Apple just approved version 1.3.0. If you update it should fix all the crashes and instability that people have been reporting with missing text.

Really sorry about this! I updated this 3rd-party localization plug-in, tested the game on multiple devices with no problems, but then later find out it's crashing and several other developers that use this same plug-in in their game are also reporting missing text.

18. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Thank you, Pine Street Codeworks, for the latest update that fixed the previous achievement bug. This allowed me to finally unlock all of the achievements to truly complete the game! :)

[​IMG]

19. Bantocks

Bantocks Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2013
    Thanks. Downloaded update and game is now working.

20. Pine Street Codeworks

Jul 26, 2017
    Seattle WA

Yay! Congratulations @y2kmp3 !!