Universal Tiny Bubbles (by Pine Street Codeworks)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Andy C83, May 8, 2018.

1. Gotters

Gotters Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2016
    thanks for the app unwrapper tip, I'd never have seen the solution she goes with on their walkthru (though will look for the mechanic/timing now aware of it) - clever level.

oddly the level has 4 moves only, but the hints suggest 3 moves which are different to the solution shown on their youtube vid, where they do level in 2.

absolutely loving the game, great level of polish & content and lovely to play something not obsessed with making me watch dating adverts or FTP crappy game demos before I can play another level.

2. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Stu / Pine Street Codeworks,

Thanks for the explanation. It helps a lot. The physics modeling of the bubbles in this game is quite impressive, particularly because now I know that certain dynamic behaviors of the bubbles (such as how fast a bubble inflates) actually play a big part in the solutions for many levels. This element alone means that waiting for bubbles to reach a steady state before making a move may actually be detrimental.

I want to ask about a peculiar observation I made of the level Blue Eyes in Puzzle World. This level gives the player 2 blue drops and 1 pair of scissors. The level itself can be readily solved (in a reproducible manner) using only 1 blue drop and 1 pair of scissors. At first, I thought that this was just a random element from the virtual deck you mentioned which dictates what resources are given to the player for each level. But this does not appear to be the case. Why is there a redundancy?

3. Brightsiderus

Brightsiderus Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2017
    Can you add landscape mode?

4. Maslan266

Maslan266 Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2017
    It actually got tough for me very quickly, but I can’t help but love the game.

5. runliketurtles

runliketurtles Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2012
    Wow. This game caught me by surprise. Such a cool idea and well executed. I thought I had tired of these "simple" single screen type puzzle games, but I've been hooked on this game since yesterday. Just passed 100 levels completed! Nicely done.

6. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Can someone explain the odd behavior in Typhoon in Puzzle World-3?

Cutting between two adjacent non-shadow bubbles to merge them that themselves are adjacent to a shadow bubble can cause the shadow bubble to merge with them (makes no sense given the supposed physics rule of the shadow bubble set by the game) and that the merged shadow bubble can instantaneously pop itself and letting the stars escape (makes again no sense given the supposed physics rule of the shadow bubble set by the game).

7. Pine Street Codeworks

Pine Street Codeworks Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2017
    Seattle WA
    Puzzle moves shouldn't be random. There's no shuffled deck for Puzzles. Blue Eyes has an extra color as a teaching moment - to show that you can "trash" extra colors in the same color bubble. This is often useful when playing Arcade games.

8. Pine Street Codeworks

Jul 26, 2017
    Seattle WA
    Yes, this is on our list for a future update. Sorry, I don't have an ETA for you right now.

9. Pine Street Codeworks

Jul 26, 2017
    Seattle WA
    Shadow bubbles can pop or break edges when the creatures do it. They will break edges when they want to be together or when the bubble gets too small for them to fit into. Crabs will also break edges when they are pursuing prey or if the bubbles get too small for them. Hope that helps.

10. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Pine Street Codeworks,

When you are referring to "creatures", do you mean stars as well? For that level, are you implying that the star ruptured the shadow bubble when I merged the two adjacent color bubbles because the shadow bubble somehow shrunk to become too "small" for the star?

11. DaniK094

DaniK094 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    PMed the dev but figured I'd ask here too. I have 3 levels left until I beat the game, but I'm stuck on Spumoni Pop in Murky River. I've tried approaching it using every strategy and it seems impossible. I cannot pop the red and green bubbles fast enough even in huge chains before the crab gets to a star. I've also tried protecting the stars with an off color, but again, the crab still gets to another star because of the crazy fish. And I've tried making a chain of brown bubbles, bringing the crab to the border to get rid of him, but his bubble does NOT pop (it is brown, not black). It just merges with whatever bubble is closest regardless of that bubbles color. If anyone else has beaten this level, I'd love some insight!

12. Pine Street Codeworks

Jul 26, 2017
    Seattle WA
    Yes, the stars are creatures. I believe there is a problem with that level where the bubbles are a bit too tight. I'm investigating that. They aren't supposed to pop in that level, only merge together.

13. Pine Street Codeworks

Jul 26, 2017
    Seattle WA
    Nice, you got very far. I'll give you some tips on this one. Think of this level as a color "farm." You'll need to use wilds to accelerate collecting colors (because they release one extra for every match). I wouldn't bother trying to remove the crab, you just need to keep him away from the stars while also finding places to farm colors that aren't going to cause the crab bubble to touch the stars. Hope this helps!

Thanks for the PM also about the hint and power-up price of 5 tickets. I'll definitely take that into consideration. Did anyone else think the 5 tickets price was unreasonable for a hint?

14. DaniK094

Nov 1, 2009
    Thanks for the tip! Somehow I missed that wilds release one extra for every match. Definitely helpful since it's possible there were many levels I restarted before letting wilds burst thinking I'd already lost. One other thing I thought might be nice is to unlock all the levels in a world once you unlock that world so you can walk away from a difficult level if you get stuck. I do like how there are different paths in each world because it allowed me to skip around somewhat if I got stuck, but on the harder worlds, I got stuck on two levels/two paths for a while. Or don't unlock all levels in a world, but offer a skip level power up for say double the tickets of a regular hint. And another option could be that you can unlock a new world without having to completely beat the prior world (ie get 20 gems to unlock the next world instead of 25). Otherwise, the game is amazing. It really is the best "puzzle" game I've played in a long time. When I got to the first rather difficult level, I did get frustrated thinking I was going to be stuck for a while, but the game is so addictive that I just kept at it and found that even most of the hard levels are beatable in a decent amount of time if you keep at it. I do think offering a few other options, as mentioned above, would give the extra wiggle room to keep playing large portions of the game even if you get stuck on one level. Congrats on an awesome game!

15. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    Landscape mode would be the best update ever to this game

16. DaniK094

Nov 1, 2009
    Just finished the game! I hope there will be new worlds added in the future!

17. DaniK094

Nov 1, 2009
    What is the dotted line empty circle at the top point of Foam School after the Roadblock level?

18. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    #78 y2kmp3, May 15, 2018
    Last edited: May 15, 2018
    Here is a screenshot from Typhoon in Puzzle-3 showing the merged shadow bubble breaking. Perhaps this will help with your investigation. So is this a bug given what you said?

[​IMG]

Here is also another screenshot (from Four Square in Puzzle-3) showing another bug in action. The bubbles simply overlap and do not coalesce. The bug is reproducible when bubbles are deflated in a particular sequence.

[​IMG]

19. dukat111

dukat111 Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2010
    Thank you for including color blind mode.

I hate using it because the regular colors are so much prettier but without color blind mode I wouldn't be able to solve many of the puzzles.

Thanks!

20. Pine Street Codeworks

Jul 26, 2017
    Seattle WA
    Thanks so much, I'm happy you're loving it! These are good suggestions I'm definitely going to think about these.