Universal Tiny Bubbles (by Pine Street Codeworks)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Andy C83, May 8, 2018.

1. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    don’t even mind the price drop. not a big fan of puzzles but i can’t stop playing this. i even put down my nintendo switch for this :eek: lol hope this does well would love more levels. already finish 2 worlds

2. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    #22 ColeDaddy, May 8, 2018
    Last edited: May 8, 2018
    Sometimes, when one pre-orders, there's a benefit, occasionally expressed in the form of a cheaper price for showing support and paying upfront. I paid the $4.99 pre-order only to find out the Launch Week price dropped a couple of bucks. While I love the game and enjoy being an early adopter to show devs my support, in the current case, I feel burned.

3. Pine Street Codeworks

Pine Street Codeworks Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2017
    Seattle WA
    Hi Cole Daddy, as we mentioned early today, there was a weird glitch in publishing last night. Here's our earlier statement, we apologize for this and hope you still find the value in buying Tiny Bubbles.

(earlier message)
    Really sorry about this, we were always planning to do a launch week sale (normal price is $4.99), but the game got accidentally released a few hours early before we could drop the price. I'm glad you still feel that it was worth it. I'm a solo indie game developer on it and my wife helps with PR and Marketing plus some friends and contractors helped out too, so please know that every $1 helps support us so we can do new updates for you and make the next game. Peace and thanks!

4. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Didn’t know about the launch sale, but after reading the developer’s response I’m glad I paid a fiver for the game. After having spent some time with it, I’ve found the game to be bursting with charm and inventiveness (pun not intended ;)).

Tiny Bubbles is colourful and considerate, unique and challenging, has plenty of content, is extremely satisfying to play and is just plain fun. More than once I’ve found myself smiling after figuring out a particularly tricksy puzzle and seeing the bubbles pop pop pop. Wonderful. I know I’ve paid a lot more for a lot less. Predominantly a solo effort, too? Remarkable. Thank you.

Pine Street Codeworks likes this.
  5. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    #25 ColeDaddy, May 9, 2018
    Last edited: May 9, 2018
    Thanks for reposting the earlier message. I didn't see it. TL;DR. Personally, it's about principle. If a dev wants to shiv customers by pulling a fast one, then, that dev becomes dead to me, no matter how good the product.

But, if there was an error hours before the announced price drop, that could be acceptable. However, the $4.99 pre-order price point was advertised as such for several weeks PRIOR to release which is beyond the time frame you cite for the error. As such, going forward, I'd be demotivated to support pre-orders upfront unless stated in the actual app description language that the pre-order price is a launch or pre-launch special discount. (Again, I'm enjoying the game immensely, I just need clarity. If we're good, you won't hear me address this topic any more).

EDIT: I received correspondence offline from the dev. Thanks for circling back and providing clarification. I wish you the best of luck with this release!

6. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Pine Street Codeworks,

Is the matching process entirely turn-based? Or is the process sometimes time-limited?

7. Pine Street Codeworks

Jul 26, 2017
    Seattle WA
    No time limits. The moves come in a queue with turns, but unlike games like Bejeweled, you don't have to wait for things to react before you make your next move. It's a new game mechanic because it's real-time and you can delay when it matches by making more moves. You can also make matches to chains that you've already matched with, even change the color so it makes a new match. You have to really play it to understand how it works. This is not Candy Crush. :D

8. nyanpass

nyanpass Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
    The game was noticed before the game was released. I have also seen her praise this game. I hope this release event will allow more users to enjoy this game.

9. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

Kind of dejected that I just bought last night then price drop, but that’s iOS for you. Oh well, hope it goes to good use, love the game btw.

10. dukat111

dukat111 Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2010
    #30 dukat111, May 9, 2018
    Wonderful, unique, polished game.

Would landscape on iPad & cloud sync be possible? :)

Thanks

11. Gotters

Gotters Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2016
    Add me to the loving this crowd - the mechanic whilst instantly familiar and easy to understand manages to feel unique and bring something quite new to the genre.

If I’m being critical the level selection maps feel a touch messy and the game seems to throw a number of new mechanics at you quite quickly when you start, but none of that detracts from the core gameplay which is excellent.

Good game.

12. TheSop

TheSop Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2016
    #32 TheSop, May 9, 2018
    Looks brilliant, does it not support cloud save across devices?

13. dav9000

dav9000 Member

Mar 26, 2013
    That’s also my opinion. iCloud sync should be a must on every game on the AppStore. That’s the only thing I miss from this excellent game, one of the best in the store.

14. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Love it, nice looking overworld.

15. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    Just bought

16. Pine Street Codeworks

Jul 26, 2017
    Seattle WA
    @TheSop @dav9000 Yes, I just didn't have time to get this in before release, but it's definitely on my list to support in a future update (maybe not this next one, but soon after).

17. PaulineGill

PaulineGill Member

May 9, 2018
    Student
    San Diego, CA
    The colors are just great, so satisfying!

18. Pine Street Codeworks

Jul 26, 2017
    Seattle WA
    Thanks Pauline and everyone for the great comments! :D If you guys get stuck and need help (or just feel lonely and want to chat with other Tiny Bubbles fans), you can join our Discord community here: https://discord.gg/Ery4xTu

19. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Just brought two stars together and it made me smile, it’s so cheerfull.

Pine Street Codeworks likes this.
  20. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Great!

I’m a proud new Dad of a 6 month old daughter and this is the first game I bought in forever being to busy to play games with the new daughter. So far this is fantastic and as I know I won’t be playing as many games I’m glad i bought this since it’s a perfect paced game for being distracted 99% if the time!