Universal Tiny Archers (by 1Der Entertainment)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Jul 18, 2016.

1. Tonk Montana

Tonk Montana Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2010
    I got used to it and aim from the left side (tower side) now. It's not too hard once used to it.

2. Tonk Montana

Tonk Montana Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2010
    Although this is a $.99 app, it is definitely freemium in that many levels are designed so that you get a big advantage (or run out of special arrows) by watching ads to refill your bow. You can usually finish without clicking on the ads but I can imagine further into the levels it will become more of an issue.

With that said, it is a pretty fun game if you can put up with the IAP shenanigans. If you are looking for a true premium way to go (and a great game), I would recommend CastleStorm.

3. Geta-Ve

Geta-Ve Well-Known Member

For the confused.

It has a premium currency system.
    Ad system.
    And a time based replenish system. (Specifically when you're buying arrows and the like)

All this in a game I bought. Say what you want about me or excuse the game because it's a buck, but that is some premium bullshit right there.

4. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    All that is pretty standard stuff for dollar games. Nothing new. Not sure why so many are acting surprised about this.

5. Gluskap

Gluskap Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2015
    lel. Because $1 games don't have to be like this. Looks like you accept them, we don't.

6. Dragan

Dragan Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Belgium
    You are completely in the right.

7. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    I've often wondered the same thing...is it really just for the gamer score? If so what a loss of some great games that don't offer game center.

8. Gambler

Gambler Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    Thought exactly the same. I wasn't even able to play some games with mandatory Gamecenter for quite a time cause of the infamous Gamecenter bug so I preferred it not to be included of course. But now I don't care either way. Don't get how somebody can miss out on a game just because it doesn't offer Gamecenter. When I grew up none of the games had achievements or online Highscores - They can be a nice addition to a game but affecting a buying/playing decision? I don't get it.

9. Gegoben

Gegoben Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    VIrginia
    Just love competition#

10. Gegoben

Apr 12, 2010
    VIrginia
    I suffered from that bug as well. I do love competing, however, I may be so happy bug is gone, that I'm just living it#

11. Gegoben

Apr 12, 2010
    VIrginia
    Aside from missing Game Center, sounds like premium freemium I can pass on.

12. khann

khann Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2013
    Standard for freemium gaming. Any paid game I have had never required timers, ads, or in app currency.

13. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    *This is NOT missing Game Center! For some reason the GC icon is not in the description.* 945 points. I checked someone's games out on my GC list and all of the achievements are listed.* Will purchases now to triple check.

14. BBalazs

BBalazs New Member

Apr 15, 2014
    Hi! I'm Balazs from 1DER and first of all thanks for all the feedback. :)

I'd like to give some additional information. The game is 0.99 on iOS but you get more gems at the beginning and there are no advertisement in the game (or at least there shouldn't be any adverts appearing at the end of the levels - if you see some, just shout, and we check it). However we use the rewarded videos where you have the option to watch it or not, and if you watch them we get some money and you get some advantage (e.g. refilling your munition or life, get gems or gold for free).

I'm sorry if you feel bad with your purchase, you can ask for a refund but please consider the above that if it would be free the initial gems would be less and there would be adverts at the end of each levels. We try this model, and we might be wrong, but that's not intentional at all.

Gamecenter: Well I don't really have excuse on this, I did not switch it on, which is lame, but we fix it with the next update which will hopefully submitted to Apple tomorrow. Sorry about that.

Invert control: thanks for the note. This is a bug that we did not notice as we typically play with the default control.:(

Feel free to ask me and I try to answer and give you some insights too.

15. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    Confirmed. 945 achievement points via GC. No leaderboards. Based on what the game's structure appears to be, there is no need for leaderboards.

The developer/publisher should update App Store description so it displays the Game Center Logo.

16. JohnnyClash

JohnnyClash Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2016
    Can you pay your bills with a 1.00 game in the app store..? How about an entire development team? Doubt it.. One dollar is nothing..
    I can understand the need for monetization beyond the entry price..

17. Dragan

Dragan Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Belgium
    Asking a fair price is another way to pay the bills without causing irritation and something in the response of the dev tells me he is already in doubt about the mixed pricing policy, which is a good thing. If the game is sold at a descent price I will be happy to take the plunge.

18. JohnnyClash

JohnnyClash Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2016
    #38 JohnnyClash, Jul 19, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2016
    Yeah, I agree... There are multiple ways to pay the bills, some better then others..

- FTP, with IAP

- Premium - No IAP

- Premium - With optional IAP ('not needed' to finish or enjoy the game. i.e. cosmetic, coin doublers, etc..)

- Premium - with a stupid-low entry price (like this game), and lots of useful IAP. This is the category that really gets under the skin of gamers, and I can see why. These games often do go FTP. The last game that I remember buying like this was Neo Monsters, and I remember there being a very heated debate about the pricing structure on that game as well. But, to this day, Neo Monsters is still one of the top revenue earning games on Android, and is also still holding its own here on IOS... So the point is, even though we have very vocal opposition here in a gaming forum concerning this model, it is often a successful way for devs to keep the game going so they are able to add new content.

19. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    This^^^ x1000

20. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    This is a mixture of freemium and premium .
    Just think of it as pay to start .
    There are ads in the game but they are ads to give u money and xp . They aren't necessary to get through the game.
    There are mission timers unless I reset them with green gems which after awhile are hard to get but this is not a freemium game.
    It's well worth $1 .
    This game is so fun