Out Now tint. (by Lykke Studios)

Discussion in 'Apple Arcade' started by Boardumb, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    [​IMG]

2. Georgina

Georgina Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 30, 2010
    Sydney
    What a fantastic puzzler! Gorgeous graphics, lovely theme, and ramps up the difficulty quickly. I got stuck on level 17 for a few minutes and had a delightful a-ha moment when I figured it out. Now I'm stuck on 18...

If you're a puzzle fan, this one's definitely worth a look.

3. Morbus Iff

Morbus Iff Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2010
    I wish this was more geared toward making the watercolor artwork instead of "just" color mixing, but I'm liking things so far. Ended my initial play session on level 20, where I'm seriously running out of room to complete. I'm probably missing something - there's likely a way I can tint over colors without blacking?

4. Georgina

Georgina Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 30, 2010
    Sydney
    Spoilery answer:
    Not as far as I know.

Hint for level 20:
    You don't need to drag all four colours across.

Finished all 50 levels now. Very satisfying! I love how polished this game is -- it really makes a difference to how it feels to experience it.

They say there's more levels to come so hopefully soon.

5. Morbus Iff

Sep 9, 2010
    This is another game where there's a hint system that was likely originally put in for free-to-play, but now remains with no detriment whatsoever (see also AA's WORD LACES). I ended up using a hint for level 20, and felt like the solution ("use your new flower as another starting point for color") was a surprise mechanic I was never told about.

Still enjoying though, no doubt.

6. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I thought it was painting pictures kind of puzzle game but it just seems like a puzzle game more really and knowing what colours mix to make the one you need.

7. Morbus Iff

Sep 9, 2010
    It starts getting more puzzling than that around stage 10, with stages 15 through 20 introducing some new concepts.

ste86uk likes this.
  8. Wabe

Wabe Member

Jul 5, 2014
    Such a lovely game.

Ended far too soon but I’m looking forward to the promised new levels.

9. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Just tried this game and it’s a fun game to play.

10. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    This game is amazingly fun, didn’t expect it to be, but it is realy clever, good going dev.

11. BohemianCoast

BohemianCoast Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2009
    Charming game whose only fault is that with 50 short levels you feel like you've just finished learning the various mechanics and the game is done. Could definitely do with a batch of 'extra-hard' levels, as well as more generally.

Having just read an interview (about a different game) that said 'you have to remember that most people aren't hardcore gamers who burn through puzzle games like this in half an hour' I accept that for lots of people this is plenty.