Universal Timelines: Assault On America (by Strategy First)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Feb 17, 2015.

1. Baracus

Baracus Well-Known Member

Are you playing online Infamous E or anyone else?

2. The Infamous E

The Infamous E Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2014
    I have played a few, but too few people playing. I have played a couple matches against what I'm pretty sure are Russians, seem to be a lot playing the game. Ping stays pretty low though even with the distance. Don't get to play online often though, lots of times life gets in the way. Easier to just be able to hit the home button and pick it up later.

You can play 2v2 matches, and in those matches one person is designated commander. That person builds the buildings and commands a force, but the other player only shares the money and commands his own force with his own production que. So essentially, with one heavy factory and one light factory both players can pump out units.

E

3. The Infamous E

Aug 16, 2014
    It's working! Timelines is now #15 on hot games right now! Keep going! Reply to these messages and get it on top, I'll keep checking on my phone...

4. Baracus

Awesome. Power to the people!!!

5. Baracus

Sounds good. How long did it take for a match (not to connect but the actual battle)?

I still need to learn a bit more about the game before I consider jumping online. Against the AI the end game really seems to drag. Their base is so hard to get to without them tearing a hole in your units. I need to practice combined arms and using long range to batter their bunkers before I waste thousands of dollars on sending cannon fodder in! :)

6. The Infamous E

Aug 16, 2014
    Most games I played were 20-30 minutes if they were actually competetive. I've played about 5 and 1 was a total squash match, less than 15 minutes. One took forever because they built all defense and even though it was hopeless for awhile, they never gave up. It was a 2v2. Getting into a game at all can be tough with the lobby system. You need to join, pick a team, and click ready, but the teams need to be even. There is an in game chat, but every player I've played with so far spoke a foreign language.

I would recommend just trying it if you get a chance, the overall speed and feel of the game is different. It does not even keep win loss records or anything like that, it just awards Game Center achievements for winning x amount of online games. Unfortunately, no win loss records may equal to even less people playing because people play to collect numbers and ranks now. Remember when we played games for fun? When you deleted the save on your game when you 100% it and started again because the game was awesome? Those were the days...

E

7. 4Flash

4Flash Member

Feb 19, 2015
    #67 4Flash, Mar 10, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2015
    Taoa

Thanks for the support so far! This is very encouraging :) In fact the system is counting the started/won/lost multi matches. but it is not shown in any form at the moment. the ingame single/multi times also recorded and stored.

Alas this game wasn't in the top new apps in app store. This is so sad, but we have a publisher, and they promised a proper advertisement. Let's see...

The game will be released on iphone too. (Apple's review procedure is very slow...)

And we considering to add the winter setting from PC.

Some additional info:

Interesting, our game server is getting continuous attack from chinese IP addresses. (i mean more than 20.000 IP)

This game made by two people in 95%. One programmer, and one Artist+Designer. The work started in oct. 2009. We have some very old prototypes, when i launch them, i must laughing :)

We have many future plans to improve/evolve this game, all depends on the user amount, and on the reviews. Some of them:

- release the level editor on all platforms.
    - implement tank track marks, and vegetation bending by vehicles
    - infantry deployment with parachute
    - world battle mode (everybody fights for its (or choosen) country)
    - add more multiplay modes (capture-the-base, arena-mode, etc...)
    - add more countries
    - the mentioned winter level setting
    - real shadows for stronger devices
    - and so on...

that is all for now

Regards ;)

8. The Infamous E

Aug 16, 2014
    #68 The Infamous E, Mar 11, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2015
    Sounds good, a multiplayer tutorial would be a good idea, some people online have a hard time starting matches and are sometimes confused on how it works. Or a full online manual? Also, a matchmaking system would be more attractive to the masses, although I think the current system is fine, matchmaking would get more people to play. It's all about making it easy for the end user and removing idle time. Also, chat in the lobby would help to set up games.

I find publishers similar to record labels in a way, sometimes they just don't promote you well enough. You should reach out to TA and pocket tactics, even (shudder) places like IGN to see if you can get a review or a feature.

This game really deserves to succeed, I'm still shocked to see it has not gotten more attention here. Also be clear in your description that the game is not freemium, but $3 to unlock full version with no ads.

A possible bug report. When assigning groups, sometimes if your group is off screen it does not let you select it, but as soon as I put them on screen, using the group button will let you select. Also, if a unit was part of one group and is then assigned to another, it retains both assignments. This causes straggling units that get conflicting orders, the most recent group assignment should remove all earlier group assignments. There should be an add to group or remove from group button.

iPad mini retina, iOS 8.1.2

Thanks,

E

9. Delta256

Delta256 New Member

Jan 11, 2014
    Awesome! Glad to see support for this game, despite it not being very well advertised.

Are there any plans to optimize the game so that it can run on older devices (ipad 2)? That's the only thing that's stopping me from buying the full thing.

10. The Infamous E

Aug 16, 2014
    The dream is dead. The fact something like this cannot get attention is the problem with the current state of iOS gaming...

11. Best75

Best75 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    This game deserves better

12. 4Flash

4Flash Member

Feb 19, 2015
    #72 4Flash, Mar 23, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2015
  13. 4Flash

4Flash Member

Feb 19, 2015
    hello,

today we released v1.7.10. with iphone6 support.

:)

14. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    #74 Talbs, Apr 9, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2015
    To be clear this is iPhone 6 AND 6+ support right??!

Really hope so!

And if so. That's amazing and thank you so much. One of the few (if any) to take an iPad app and put it on to iPhone 6/6+ because the real estate is still good enough. To many devs claim (apparently), not to do it because they don't want to have to exclude iPhone 5 and 4. So just because iPhone 6 is in the "phone" category, it is held back by the dated (and what were we thinking with screens so small lol!) iPhones 4 and 5.

Thanks again

Edit: downloading now for 6+. Thankyou

15. CalinR

CalinR Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Criminal Defense Attorney
    U.S.
    The new update totally wiped my saves, which blows cause that tutorial mission's absurdly long on the tutorial side.

16. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Great this is now universal. Downloading now to try it out, been after the 'ultimate' WWII strategy game and this might be it.

17. hedgey

hedgey Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    This update was a nice surprise this morning.
    I hope more games developers make their ipad only games updated for iphone 6 and 6+.

18. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Got it installed, none of the options work as it mentions having to log in game centre first so it can create a profile (Pain as i dont use it)

19. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    Ip6!!! Awesome! Thanks

20. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    My wish came true! :)