Universal TimeCube (By SteamDragon Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by SteamDragonGames, Dec 17, 2014.

1. SteamDragonGames

Dec 11, 2014
    Mobile Game Development
    Warsaw, Poland
    Hey guys, I've sent first update to the store already - more levels incoming ;)

2. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    I am on stage 18 now and it's pretty difficult out there, but it's great when you reach the end zone of a stage.

Got the achievement for 1000 deaths also. 2 more achievements to go.

3. samur

samur Member

Dec 17, 2014
    Game Designer / Owner @ JamCastle
    Warsaw
    Wow! I'm very happy to hear that :) Congrats! Which was your favourite moment in the game? Did you have one? :)

4. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Sometimes it's nerve wrecking but the bullet shooting things are my favorite thus far.

5. SteamDragonGames

Dec 11, 2014
    Mobile Game Development
    Warsaw, Poland
    :D you're still the world leader so far, congrats ;)

6. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    #26 ROGER-NL, Dec 19, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2014
    Stage 19 is gruesome tried at least 200 times but the shooting bits always hit me when I try to go through the 3 turning things, will try some more but it's killing me.

I gave up it was too hard stage 19.

Good luck with your game, it was a joy to play.

7. saosijs

saosijs Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    Interesting game mechanic where you control (slow down / speed up) the environment instead of the "main character". What I like about this is that you need to re-program your reflexes. This needs some time but the game starts at a friendly enough pace to not be frustrating, but not too friendly that it is too easy. But I'm at level 5 only. I see Roger kept it up until level 19 so there is still some interesting game play time ahead for me ;)

8. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    I will follow your steps Saosijs see if you can beat stage 19 Ha Ha.

9. samur

samur Member

Dec 17, 2014
    Warsaw
    Meanwhile update to the game was accepted so apart from some fixes you'll have six new levels :D Roger you're so close to reaching them...

10. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Yes, I know but I tried stage19 About 300 times, it can be done, but it was too much for me, without the bullet shooter I would try it again.

11. falco

falco Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2013
    Canada
    These ads are the worst sorry not for me and I won't play this thing anymore.

12. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Is the game too difficult or not, nobody is getting past stage 16, so I wonder.

13. saosijs

saosijs Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    #33 saosijs, Dec 23, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2014
    I'm at 8 I think. I notice that I'm usually giving up already after a few attempts because the restart is frustratingly slow (not very slow, but just frustrating enough for me anyway). I also feel the sensitivity of speeding up is too high. Touch to go faster usually results in overshooting my intended speed. Slowing down works ok for me. What's your feeling about it, Roger?

As a feature request, some on screen speed indication of current speed relative to the possible range of speeds would be nice. Not sure where to place it on-screen though. It should be visible of course but also not interfering with the game play.

14. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    This game has all the ingredients (addictive, challenging, low size, simple look) to be a classic, in my books, but i can't get into, pity. Somehow i can't manage to bend my mind that i'm controlling the field and not my "hero", damn. I quit at level 5, already.

15. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Yes speeding up is sometimes to fast, but with many restarts it's all doable, but stage 19 was for me too hard, I tried 300 times as I said earlier, so I am not an easy quitter, but that's even for me too much. Shame because I really wanted to finish the game.

16. SteamDragonGames

Dec 11, 2014
    Mobile Game Development
    Warsaw, Poland
    We will be rebalancing some stages, samur takes your words seriously and has been replaying the whole game on his own and looking for those difficulty spikes

I am quite unhappy to see that noone has reached the final levels - and very, very few people went further than level 10 - that's not a good thing

17. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    I almost thought this was related to that website.
    Thank Allah it isn't.

18. SteamDragonGames

Dec 11, 2014
    Mobile Game Development
    Warsaw, Poland
    Oh yeah, THAT website...

Man, this was such a creepy thing... we decided on the name, made logos, made everything, even submitted the game. The DAY AFTER submission I just randomly surf the net, go to reddit, click on a "what's your favorite dead website" and there it is - www.timecube.com . We spent the next few hours randomly quoting the website and laughing to the point of crying...

TL;DR - didn't know about the website until it was too late ;)

19. SteamDragonGames

Dec 11, 2014
    Mobile Game Development
    Warsaw, Poland
    Hey there :)

Update submitted - v1.2 tweaks several levels, removing most of the unwanted difficulty spikes

20. samur

samur Member

Dec 17, 2014
    Warsaw