Universal Time Surfer (by Kumobius)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Gabrien, Jan 9, 2013.

1. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Gotta be honest here, I had good fun with Time Surfer but without feeling any bit of improvement it became a victim of my iPhone app cleanout. That's not a slam on the game, obviously others are much better at it than me and like I said, I had fun. I'm sure there are plenty of games I'm better at than they are like maybe Final Freeway 2R... or Panic Springs or something. But for now I part ways with Time Surfer. Maybe I'm just getting kind of tired of hill climbers or whatever genre this is called? I don't really feel compelled to play Tiny Wings either. Heck that might be next on the chopping block.

2. KevinS

KevinS Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2012
    I never really understood why these types of games are so popular, I get really sick of climbing up and down hills after a while. Time Surfers is really fun, and beautifully designed, I guess that these types of games just arn't really my thing. :)

3. staffordling

staffordling Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2012
    This is a fantastic riff on Tiny Wings. The addition of the rewind mechanism really raises the bar for me on the very clever but difficult to master game play of the original. Then there is the excellent mission system and plenty of unlocks. The cherry on top for this game is the wonderful pixel graphics and chip tune music.

4. tocameelarcade

tocameelarcade Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2010
    reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally late to the party, but OMG this game is incredible :eek: XD!!!! its so addicting and its a great take on the little birds game:D:D! the bean costume is adorable :B

5. Pretty late, but welcome!

6. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    I "beat" this game a while back and still play all the time. Are there any plans for updates in the works?

7. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    First update is now out with 6 new pets and a new track for Hell Zone.

8. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    w00t! Content update alert!

New mode, costumes now have perks, gui changes, and new costumes. :)

9. Mr Kumobius

Mr Kumobius Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Hey everyone. Yep, a new update for Time Surfer should be rolling out across the App Store :)

Here's a run down of what's new:

There's a whole new mode! Just scroll past Hell Zone and you'll find "THE KEPLER RUN" - in honour of 'Johannes Kepler'. In this mode the ceiling is much higher and you soar through the sky/space a bit more, also the floor disappears as you travel... luckily there are black holes littered in the sky and it's about using these gravity wells to your advantage. But don't forget black holes are extremely dangerous!

A few new hilarious characters! Behold Pirate Surfer with his pirate boat surfboard thing - is it a boat? is it a surfboard? Our artist is still figuring that out. Or try Neon Surfer and “Snalien”. The latter being an alien snail with three eyes.

We have added a long requested feature: "Costume Perks". Now, every character in the game now includes subtle stat boosting “perks” allowing you to experiment with over 400 different combinations of characters and pets. So now the police box regenerates rewind power and the monkey king floats in the air - naturally.

Hidden combos... some pets and costumes even unleash devastating hidden combos. Try combining the Bean character and Axolotl pet together. Unstoppable speed awaits you :O

Last but not least, if you have any friends who you thought might like Time Surfer but when you told them about it they were like "Myeh... $1?!? I don't think so!" you can tell them it's going FREE for a limited time. This change to free will trigger on Thursday though, so this is a little heads up.

10. biokid

biokid Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Wop Wops
    I didn't realise that Kumobius is from Australia as well, seems like the number of good Australian dev is increasing rapidly. The old ones keep a solid track record as well. :)

11. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Holy
    Crap

This update is...

OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!!

If Time Surfer wasn't a contender for my 2013 GOTY list, it is now! Woooooooooooo!!! Thank you so much! =oD

12. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Update is live!

What's New:

"Time Surfer is the gift that keeps on giving! As the festive season approaches it's time for another surf!

Enjoy a new laid-back, gift-filled surf through a brand new mode the “Holiday Hills”! Compete on time rather than distance in this fixed length course. Aim for every hill, avoid the floating presents that block your path, this mode is easy and pure surfing goodness.

Meet the Holiday Heroes, five new costumes to play with!
    * Play as Santa Surfer, is it a lost friend or just Time Surfer in disguise?
    * The real Santa Claus!
    * An evil Gremlin creature dressed as a surfer -- villainous!
    * The enigmatic Daft Penguin sporting a purple mohawk.
    * Got our new game Duet? Then enter a trance with the new Duet costume.

More pets please!
    * One of Santa’s endlessly dancing helper elves.
    * The adorable reindeer!
    * And the dreaded lump of coal…

Finally, Game Center Achievements have been added.

A new festive space ballad from venerable chip-tune artist Derris-Kharlan.

More bug fixes! For science!"

Kumobius rule.

13. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Seen on the TA games of the year and decided I'll give it a go after seeing your comments here too. I enjoyed Tiny Wings and felt more could have been done to make it even better and seems you guys have done!

14. sink_or_swim

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    I'm still playing Time Surfer, it's truly a fantastic game and get's even better with all the content updates and different modes they added over the last year. Even after it went free I haven't had any ads. One of my all time favorite iOS games !

15. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

But...the game never went freemium. Why would you expect ads?

Anyway, great update. Thanks for the new content. This and Duet have a permanent place on my device

16. sink_or_swim

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    I've seen this way too often, a game I paid for went free for a few days and the devs throw in some ads.

17. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Yeah i still do play Time Surfer from time to time too. I deleted Tiny Wings for this.

18. sink_or_swim

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    Finally got the top spot on my friends list.. 14.093m :)

19. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    WOOO!! Congrats! =oD

Looks like I gotta take some time off of Sonic and get back to this one again. =oP

20. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    This game was so goddamn brilliant. The best "Tiny Wings"-like, and probably one of my favorite iOS games ever. I went back to it today and it's so fun. Unfortunately I unlocked everything and achieved the highest rank years ago so there's not much motivation to play for long. Still holding out hope Kumobius will dust it off and make a sequel someday.