Universal TIME LOCKER (by sotaro otsuka)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Jul 13, 2016.

1. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    #41 LordShad0wz, Aug 19, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2016
    I'm getting there!

It's definitely about skill. When I got to the last few waves I had TWO bosses as well as a bunch of littler Orange aholes chasing me at the same damn time lol. I was like are you kidding me!!!!! On top of that the damn blackness that chases you gets faster and faster so it's intense as hell.

I just cannot stop playing. I start playing and then look up and it's been 45 minutes. Also I'm going to beg Otsuka to change that new pod. The slug you get from it is just worthless. It's so awful and shouldn't be in that pod. There's no harm in asking if he can change it. The other two animals are pretty good. But I keep getting that slug lol. It's a waste of 100 credits.

I unlocked a 4th blue power up pod as well now. It adds double line and homing missiles and other stuff. It costs 40 credits per use. I rarely use these pods though, saving the coins for the creature pods.

I really am glad I made the purchase though. He's a good dev. He is very responsive on Twitter. He fixed the crashing issue I reported yesterday already! He's the type of dev I like to give money to. Especially when his game is just damn fun. I can't even say how many hours I've played. $4 is nothing for this much fun.

Billy

Attached Files:

2. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Wow! I just unlocked ANOTHER creature pod. I didn't even realize there would be more pods. There's a lion that triple fires bilaterally sides way and a shark that dual fires backwards. It's vastly different from all of the other pods and changes the way you play.

Billy

3. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    Any ideas what unlocks the pods? At first I thought it was based on high scores or something, but then one unlocked when I got a really low score. I currently have 3 animal pods and 2 power up pods.

By the way, I saw were you said you don't use the power up pods. You should try it. You can use 3 power ups from the pods and then basically roll through the first 3 or 4 zones. It's really fun, for me at least. Lol.

Also, does any one know if picking up repeat power ups make that power up stronger? Sometimes it seems so but I can't tell for sure.

4. predator8u

predator8u Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2013
    I can't play and that sucks because I play nearly every shump and twin stick shooter on iOS.

Every time I start up it just crashes on BOTH my iPhone 6 v8.3 & my iPad Air 2 v8.4. I click the app icon and screen goes black for a sec then nothing.

I've never had a game crash on both, super massive :(. Especially because it's a innovative shump (not many of those)

5. sobriquet

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    It requires iOS 9 to run. You're OK to install it on iPhone 6 but not sure about the Air 2.

6. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    I am perplexed myself as to what unlocks the pods. I'm thinking it might have to do with the amount of games you play? That's the only thing I can think of because the last pod I unlocked I Had died right off the bat lol. I died before I even got to the first line. Stupid penguins.

You know what kills me the most in this game? Using any creature with an ice cannon or gun. I freaken hate ice weapons. They are the worst. I hate them. They kill me the most because I think I've killed something but no I just froze it hehe. Then Pop I'm dead.

As to the pods. The reason I use them only once in a while is I'd rather save the credits for the creatures. Sometimes I've gotten a cheap hit before I've gotten to the first line. If I spend 120 credits on power ups and get a cheap shot that's a huge waste lol. The power ups do get more powerful the more you pick up. When I got that 7k score I had a ton of power ups. Lots of lock on missiles!

Billy

7. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    I unlocked ANOTHER creature pod and they look awesome!

I definitely think it has to do with number of games played.

Billy

8. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Here's a drone.

Billy

Attached Files:

9. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    #49 LordShad0wz, Aug 22, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2016
    Here is a dinosaur. It has a sweeping laser and a standing cannon. It's really cool. I haven't won the third one out of the pod yet. I'm really liking these so far! This I like my Pokemon Go lol. Since I'm disabled it's more like Pokemon stay lol

Billy

Attached Files:

10. sobriquet

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    Wait, this is the pod you JUST unlocked? That's the first pod I unlocked at the beginning of the game. Now I'm really confused about how the pods unlock.

11. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Really? Yea it's the 6th I've unlocked. I started a second row of creature pods.

Well now I'm confused as well.

Billy

12. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Here are my pods. I have to do it in two pics because they don't fit in one shot. Here's the first.

Billy

Attached Files:

13. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Here is the second with the last pods. What have you unlocked? I was incorrect. I actually unlocked 7 pods.

Billy

Attached Files:

14. sobriquet

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    In the first picture the three pods under the shark are the three I've unlocked.

15. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Well the one with the lion also has a terrible slug that fires a long ice beam. I don't use that pod because I keep getting it and all I do is die because of it. The last pod I unlocked, the one I posted all the pictures, so far it's one of my favorites. All of the creatures are awesome.

So why have I unlocked 7 and you only 3. I'm going to ask Otsuka on Twitter and see if he will answer.

Billy

16. sobriquet

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    And why would they unlock in a different order for different players?

17. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    I asked him to stop by and answer if he can.

Billy

18. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    I just got a score over 12,000 and when I quit out and reloaded the game an 8th creature pod unlocked.

Billy

19. Otsuka

Otsuka Member

Jul 13, 2016
    Thank you for playing my game

Pod is unlocked by the "Total score".
    Does not currently display your total score in the game.
    However to display the score of up to unlock in future update :)

20. Otsuka

Otsuka Member

Jul 13, 2016
    (@>@)

I working to fix a memory leak.
    stable in the next update ...maybe.