Universal TIME LOCKER (by sotaro otsuka)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Jul 13, 2016.

1. JetJaguar

JetJaguar Member

Apr 26, 2014
    What if it paused after you don't touch the screen for a few seconds?

Also The creeping darkness could just push you instead of killing you on contact.

Bullet grazing could be amazing!

Dev your game is super fun been playing for a few hours. Thank you for making it.

2. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Hi Otsuka!

Would you be willing to put in a coin doubler in app purchase? I'd like to actually send you some money.

Billy

3. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    You know the more you play this game the more you can appreciate it. I've been playing it over the past few days. I have been watching ads only for coins, never to continue. I've unlocked the next set of characters. I didn't even know there were "sets". I increased my rating to 5 stars. Even though the game still needs a coin doubler in app purchase this game has so much good going for it. I posted a few scores to Twitter. I played using a dinosaur that fires giant rockets lol. It was awesome!

Really awesome game. Just please dev add the in app purchase. It would make the game so much better.

Billy

4. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    #24 sobriquet, Jul 31, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
    Man, I've been playing this for a couple of days now and, wow! What a surprise! I have never even heard of Supershot. I get that the time stop mechanics are not unique to this game, but this is definitely a unique experience.

I don't mind so much that the characters are treated as power ups instead of being collectible. They are after all more powerful than the primary. I actually have been collecting them though, lol. As of now I have a total of about 60 power ups in stock. I like the challenge of using only the primary character and how much better I do when I only occasionally us the power ups.

So far my only complaint is the blackness not being bound by the laws of time that effect everything else in the game. I understand the purpose of keeping the player moving forward. Preventing them from walking around at their leisure collecting everything. I think having different game modes with different incentives like limited backwards movement, a large herd behind you that's bound by the time stop or even the blackness bound by the time stop would strengthen the games internal logic. I also think it offered an option to start from limited check points, like every ten waves.

I would also purchase a coin doubler. I have been watching ads even though I really don't want to.

This is a fantastic game despite the above and I highly recommend it to anyone who isn't completely disgusted by free to play. If you want to try something different, this is it. Great job, dev. and thank you for the incredible game.

5. mogwai

mogwai Member

Mar 11, 2016
    You know what would be awesome? Having a replay at the end, similar to Superhot, that shows what it would have looked like without the time slowing down.

I like the darkness. Creates a sense of urgency and panic.

I would also like to see some rare high level enemies that don't obey the slowing time, they can move regardless. I think that would create for some intense boss fights.

6. Juraraw

Juraraw New Member

Aug 7, 2016
    Just hit my personal high score of 10,141. What's everyone else's best?

7. Rawk GWJ

Rawk GWJ Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2014
    Amazing game.

Coin doubler, please?

8. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    I've been talking to the dev on Twitter and he said he is in the middle of developing the coin doubler IAP. It's coming! Yeeeehaaaaaa!

I also asked him perhaps down the road if it would be possible to add permanent upgrades the the permanent starter character. I'd love that.

Billy

9. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    If it wasn't for Carter's raving review than I probably would have missed this one. It's geniuses and tremendous fun. I will also pick up the doubler as soon as the update hits.
    I agree, permanent upgrades would be fantastic!

10. sobriquet

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    Hell yeah! I would pay good money to do away with watching those ads. The game is pretty generous with the coins in game so a coin doubler should make this a full premium experience. I am very excited about this. Thanks for sharing, Billy.

As for the permanent upgrades, I'm down with the idea but I can't think of how you do that without nullifying the current system. I really like the way the vending machine thing works. The characters could be a little bit cheaper but hey, maybe the coin doubler will make up for that.

11. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Anyone else getting crashes when trying to access the C pod?

12. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Ok the update is live but as cool pepper said the Double coin pod appears to be insta crashing the game. I talked to the dev on Twitter. He said he's trying to figure it out and fix it. So he's actively working the problem.

I'm using the iPhone 6 running iOS 9.3.4

I like that he added some crossover characters. That's a cool idea! Hopefully the coin doubler issue will get sorted out soon. I really want that!

Billy

13. Otsuka

Otsuka Member

Jul 13, 2016
    Problem was healed.

Problem was healed.
    Cause was a delay of Apple.
    I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

14. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Otsuka,

The ads haven't had their coins increased. Can you make that happen? For $4 I was hoping it would also increase the amount we got from watching the ads. Would that be ok to do?

Also I haven't seen the crossover characters. Are they playable characters? When or where do they appear?

I love this game! Thank you again for listening and putting in the IAP!!!!!!!!!! I was very very happy to spend money on the game!

Billy

15. Wicked8146

Wicked8146 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 17, 2009
    Dinosaur hunter
    Los Angeles
    #35 Wicked8146, Aug 18, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2016
    I just got an elephant stampede running at me. Maybe that is it?

16. sobriquet

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    I saw that it added at least one new character to one of my vending machines, so that should be where you find them.

17. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    I was playing for about 30 minutes straight. I was in the middle of a game. I had a lot of power ups and just beat a boss. The game just randomly crashes. I didn't lose the coins I had earned up to that point. When I reloaded the game the coins were there. But the game did crash. Perhaps the game ran out of memory or something?

Billy

18. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    #38 LordShad0wz, Aug 19, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2016
    It just crashed again after playing again for about 30 to 40 minutes. This has to be a memory leak.

I let Otsuka know on Twitter. He is aware of the issue.

Billy

19. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    On another note I unlocked a new higher level pod! One of the creatures is a cool Rhino looking dinosaur that shoots 5 shots. I have to say I really like the increased coin IAP. I'm definitely earning coins faster!

I really love this game for some reason. I was laughing because I get scores of 2000 and I'm thinking I'm badass and I saw on Twitter someone in Japan got a score of 16,000. I then became sad. Lol

Billy

20. EightRooks

EightRooks Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    UK
    Not sure how I feel about this one. Past a certain point every run seems to turn into "Did you pick up more than 3 or 4 weapons?" "Y = absolute chaos with no breaks until you finally get tired of it and make a mistake" "N - you're dead, then". There's no real subtlety to it the way Superhot works, for example. I can see that 16k or whatever would be possible but I think it'd be more a question of endurance than the sort of skill you need to do well at Ikaruga or whatever. Still, it's very polished, it's really easy to pick up, the free-to-play setup is more than generous and I do like the atmosphere all the same (the weird burbling the audio turns into and the lack of music is strangely soothing in a very cool way).