iPad Time Box for FREE

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Palfince, Mar 30, 2009.

1. Palfince

Palfince Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2008
    England
    Just checked App Shopper and found Time Box. It's a good game that's similar to Cubicman and Action Blox and is free (at the moment at least).

App Shopper Link
    iTunes Link

Description:
    [​IMG]

2. spmwinkel

spmwinkel Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    I also downloaded this and was pleasantly surprised. I think I remember another game, similar to this one, that was discussed quite a bit on these forums but I never got it.

Having a similar game for free is great, and random levels mean unlimited replay value!

3. GatorDeb

GatorDeb Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2009
    Las Vegas, NV, USA
    DIAMOND ISLANDS!! Awesome! :D Wasn't expecting this type of game from the screenshots. Don't have time to play it now but will get in some quality time tonight :D

4. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    Diamond Islands is a terrific game, and Time Box looks great especially with the randomly generated puzzles. Will give this a try later.

5. GatorDeb

Feb 1, 2009
    Las Vegas, NV, USA
    CubicMan Deluxe :D

I own all three :)

6. Donburns99

Donburns99 Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    ColdFusion Web Developer
    Rhode Island
    Nice find, already have Diamond Islands, but can't argue with the price, along with randomly generated levels. ^ ^

7. fiskadoro

fiskadoro Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    Another reason why I love this Forum!

Thanks so much for mentioning this game is available for free, I probably would've overlooked it, but it's fun and challenging.

8. soup

soup Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    for free i'll give it a go :)

9. - random level generator
    say no more...sweet

10. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    Wow, I am impressed. Graphics look nice and so does gameplay. It's been a while since there was a quality free game.

11. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    This is actually a very good game...graphics, randomly generated mazes. the touch controls are responsive as well. Definitely a good pick up!

12. ipressbuttons

ipressbuttons Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    I can see the dev charging soon. I know I would!

13. GatorDeb

Feb 1, 2009
    Las Vegas, NV, USA
    Let's all start talking about how much the app sucks lol

14. Not a bad rendition of Bloxorz. The graphics are very well done, the different world themes are pretty cool, control is responsive with some good visual feedback, and the performance is nice and smooth. There doesn't appear to be any sound or music in it though, and certain things like special effect on reaching the goal could be improved. It feels like a mostly-finished beta -- but it's still quite good for what it is, and the price is right. The random level generator is definitely a nice bonus.

15. #15 mrbass, Mar 31, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2009
    ok it works great the random level generator

16. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Game is nice as already mentioned and the random level generator is pretty sweet.
    What sets Cubicman Deluxe apart IMO is the minimum move count or a move count in general.
    There doesn't seem to be a huge amount of stress or penalty for doing anything wrong.
    Don't get me wrong, for a free game, definitely cannot complain but it would be nice to know you completed a level as "perfectly" as possible

17. GatorDeb

Feb 1, 2009
    Las Vegas, NV, USA
    You figured it out, huh :D

18. Yea I originally posted it was broken. Word to the wise...don't attempt to do that when you choose hardest difficulty and largest map and then try it just for a bit....heheheh. Took me a few minutes and then was good to go. Works great.