Tilt to live hd -> free

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by syntheticvoid, Aug 12, 2012.

1. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    So wait. Just to be clear, does this mean people who purchased the app while it was paid with no unlock will have to pay again to unlock the game they already paid for if they ever need to reinstall? That still sounds pretty foul to me but maybe I'm missing something...

2. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    I know, right? *Sigh*:rolleyes:

DBC

3. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    It makes sense, you just misunderstood what he meant.

4. Quantum Apocalypse

Quantum Apocalypse Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Nothing ever happened to the prices...

Tilt to Live SD: Paid, went free with FAAD many years ago. Had a recent sale with Outwitters launch.

Tilt to Live HD: This game STARTED as a trial, with a full unlock via IAP. it never changed. The only price rise was to include the Viva la Turret expansion. For new buyers, this was added to the price, for old users, it was available for an additional 0.99c.

OML never ripped off anyone or made the base price $5. It was always free to try, and IAP to unlock the rest.

It's been like this ever since the game was launched.

5. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    From the 14th of July until the 12th of August it was $4.99 to download...

6. I wonder if anyone actually bought it during that time. In that case, figure Apple would have to issue a refund, but who knows.

7. Quantum Apocalypse

Mar 23, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    No...it was always free to try. If it changed OML would be sure to notify the public. And there is no reason to have it free+unlock, change to full purchase and then back to free+unlock.

Plus, if you google around, only 2 sites say that the price changed. Not even big popular sites.

8. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    I was really hoping to not get involved in this thread, but you're wrong. The price did go up to 4.99 during that period even in the App Store, it's not just falsely reported. It was pretty bizarre and I remember very clearly checking it out in the App Store.

I have no idea why this happened and it's a little weird that there was no word from OML on the change, but unless someone here actually suffered from this change I would suggest letting this thread die a natural death.

9. Psykikgmr

Psykikgmr Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    I have suffered immensely from this from which I don't think even my psychiatrist will be able to help me from now on. So this topic must go on.

10. Quantum Apocalypse

Mar 23, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Well. That's weird :/ Was there 4.99+4.99IAP? If so, that was probably a bug.

Sorry, didn't know it went to 4.99 initial buy price. I had it installed so I didn't see the price :p

11. neo_

neo_ Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    looks fine. kinda reminds me of Osmos.