iPhone Tilt To Live HD - by One Man Left

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Oct 6, 2010.

1. OneManLeft

OneManLeft Well-Known Member

Yea as unfortunate as it is, that's the current work around. Any users that have a non-US iTunes account will most likely experience this issue. We've got an update that'll be ready to go Monday to address this.

This is fixed for 1.1 as well.

2. Cynicalone

Cynicalone Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Everything was great until today.

I can play the game it doesn't crash. But it does something very strange. It doesn't respawn the dots for several minutes. You can drive around the playing field with it just weapons. But the timer must also be broken because after 20 minutes of play time the game said I had played for only a little over 2 minutes.

Tried rebooting the iPad and still same problem. It happens in all 4 game modes. Glad to see there is an update on the way maybe it will kill whatever has corrupted my game.

3. Felonious Tub

Felonious Tub Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2010
    I'm in Australia and I haven't had an issue yet. I haven't played the game without a wifi connection yet so maybe that might make it crash. Hope not though.

4. bgribin

bgribin Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    I unlocked the full game over the weekend and I'm loving it.

I wasn't sure at first if I'd want to buy it but after reading the TA review (a couple times), I was convinced. I was hesitant because I already own it on the iPhone - but the screen size makes a huge difference. Having that many more objects on the screen makes it all the more hectic - and fun. Gauntlet Evolved is fun - I'm not sure if I prefer it or the original Gauntlet though. Evolved is great still, though. Frostbite is a blast, as are the two other modes.

If you're considering at all unlocking the full game, just do it. Fun fun game. I'm looking forward to seeing what updates these guys have coming also for this.

5. OneManLeft

For those that already have the iPhone version (and even those that don't) if you're wanting to give Tilt to Live 1.5 a try, we are running a small ad-hoc beta before submitting:
    http://www.onemanleft.com/2010/10/11/tilt-to-live-1-5-beta/

In other news, Tilt to Live HD 1.1 has been submitted this morning that fixes the 'dots behind the power ups' issue and the horrible crash that a lot of international users are facing.

6. Cynicalone

Dec 18, 2009
    Apparently getting the game back on a strong wi-fi connection and resetting the iPad got it working again.

7. Flipangle

Flipangle Active Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Great game with only one shortcoming.

I love this game. Great graphics, music, controls, variety, etc.

The only thing that can be improved right now is how the game restarts after a pause. Please allow me to explain. Currently, when one pauses a game, a splash screen covers up the entire game screen. When you come back to the game, it starts from where you left off. The problem with this is that when I restart the paused game, because the game screen is so filled with red dots, powerups, etc, it takes me a second or two to find my cursor. This usually means death for me. It would be better if the game allowed you to see a frozen image of the play screen for a second or two before restarting. This would prevent "cheap" deaths.

Keep up the good work!

8. bgribin

bgribin Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    Any idea how soon we'll be notified if we get into the beta? ;)

9. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    What's New in Version 1.1

10. Failboat103

Failboat103 Well-Known Member

May 28, 2009
    Sorry, too occupied to answer this question.
    On the island of oog
    Looks like this thing has gotten pretty big! I'm proud to be a part of it :D

11. lurchi13

lurchi13 Member

Nov 15, 2009
    #111 lurchi13, Oct 12, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2010
    Now it works ... nice game!
    But I am afraid that a "rate me reminder" that pops up after EVERY game (I pressed all options several times already) will sometime convince me to give a one-star-rating.
    I hate these reminder pop-ups, and buggy ones that pop up even though I told it not to are VERY annoying. Sorry!

12. Cynicalone

Dec 18, 2009
    The rating pop-up appears to be broken. Even after rating the game it still comes back.

Making the dot's visible on top of the power ups sure makes things less frustrating.

13. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    yeees!
    Finally no crashes (with all my wifi and 3g on).
    Thanks for the fast fix! The full version is so much better!!!

14. CzarCastic

CzarCastic Well-Known Member

The rating pop-up is definitely annoying. :(

15. OneManLeft

it's been a crazy week and apparently I'm slipping up on silly stuff like this. Fix is in the pipeline.

My focus needs more focus. >_<

16. CzarCastic

CzarCastic Well-Known Member

Glad to hear it!

I think I've rated your game about two dozen times today. Too bad they won't all count. ;)

17. chrisf82

chrisf82 Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    4th year med student
    Tulsa
    This game is awesome. Wonder if we'll ever seen any type of multiplayer utilizing game center? One can hope, right?

18. Failboat103

May 28, 2009
    On the island of oog
    God has chosen you to speak the 11th commandment. May this be done!

Lol

19. chrisf82

chrisf82 Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    4th year med student
    Tulsa
    @Failboat103

Haha. And on the 8th day God created Tilt to Live.

I think multiplayer for TtL would be sweet. Perhaps it could done where you are playing the same arena, like code red, and you're basically seeing who can survive longer/get more points. I don't know if it's possible to have it where both players are playing the same mode at the same time on the same screen. That seems like way too much. But I think it could possibly be done in a competition framework to see who can outscore the other given identical set-ups.

Amen.

20. Failboat103

May 28, 2009
    On the island of oog
    I'll message the creator and credit you with the idea :)