iPhone Tilt To Live HD - by One Man Left

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Oct 6, 2010.

1. Qordobo

Qordobo Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    Yesterday or the day before(?) I had the "error" label on upgrade area, I played a few time and don't remember to have crash. Today I had plenty crash, often after a game finish and after a Hardware reset I even had systematic crash after the startup screen.

But I succeed once to reach start screen and here I changed option because I had vague feeling of links with tilt and crashes. I changed for regular tilt position instead of a custom. I had also sensitivity setup and reset to default.

And again the game seems not crash anymore. After to have set again a custom tilt position I got again crashes after few games. I have reset again to regular and crashes seem have disappear again.

For sure I didn't played long enough and often enough for any conclusion but it seems there's perhaps a link with tilt.

2. OneManLeft

OneManLeft Well-Known Member

That is quite odd indeed. I've responded to your e-mail so we can hopefully get this resolved soon.

3. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Is the game doing some sort of "auto-calibration" when first loaded?

4. OneManLeft

Nope. Just does a lot of asset loading and initializing. Calibration is only done on the gametype select screens.

5. OneManLeft

The error is most likely a network error. Typically when you don't have wifi connection or 3G connection, or something on our end could be down temporarily. As for the crash, we'll be looking into crash reports from some of the players we've received to see if there is something we horribly missed during our testing.

6. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Could this be tied to the whole, "autoRotateToOrientation" crap with the iPad?

7. Cynicalone

Cynicalone Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    I have had zero problems with the game crashing.

Loading AGON seems to hang a lot loading the scores even at home on my 15Mbps wi-fi connection. I think that is AGON problem.

If it matters I downloaded the game to my Mac then installed it to the iPad. Before I played it the first time I restarted the iPad. It has been problem free since the install.

8. Tmonine

Tmonine Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2009
    Casual
    Australia
    @One Man Left;

I couldn't help but notice a 'promo codes' box in the options menu. I was wondering if you could PM me an example of what one of these might look like? (*hint hint wink wink nudge nudge*)

9. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    Good try tmonine.

10. kktp

kktp Active Member

Nov 11, 2008
    I'm also using 4.2 beta 2, no problem for me.

11. Qordobo

Jun 11, 2010
    Yes it seems not working for this game.

12. Qordobo

Jun 11, 2010
    Mmm I haven't activate Agon perhaps I should.

13. OneManLeft

hahaha, cute. :p

14. LibertyCabbage

LibertyCabbage Active Member

Aug 11, 2010
    Well i'm crazy addicted to this game. Bouncing between this, canabalt, and fruit ninja its wonder i get anything done these days. Just too tempting to play one more round.

So far i'm really enjoying going for the various challenges/achievements. Had a lot of fun bouncing between the walls on the hard mode.

15. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Yes, that is a great example of such a pointless endeavor that even gets cool sound effects that surely were inserted just for this achievement and was a fun challenge that has nothing to do with the game's real gameplay (pretty dang unlikely you'd ever unlock this one accidentally).

Although I do love when you unlock some of the game's achievements completely accidentally (like, hey, I wasn't TRYING to get killed in 5 seconds!).

And to you, Liberty Cabbage, Who knew freedom could make you so gassy?

16. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    I am green with envy. I just managed to play a game ... Crash as soon as I died:(

17. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Crap weasels!

Is this the iOS 4.2 beta or just go ol' standard iOS 3.2.2?

18. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    Standard 3.2.2
    I passed them my logs, hopefully it gets solved and I can finally upgrade!!

19. Qordobo

Jun 11, 2010
    I finally caught the fun of this game, thanks to this HD version but not only because it's by switching a little from iPad to iPhone version that I get the "clic". I'm still wishing for some Swipe to Live but it's cool to have a Tilt to live "too". :)

Thanks for HD version being a fresh game and not having the crowd of fanatic iphone players, plus some luck and playing multiple games I even made inside top 100. Sure not for long but cool. :p

20. Felonious Tub

Felonious Tub Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Been playing this game heaps since I grabbed it. Never played the iphone version but am loving this one. Just unlocked all the weapons this morning. Now to go kill some dots.