iPad Tilt It

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by mehware, Dec 25, 2008.

1. mehware

mehware Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2008
    #1 mehware, Dec 25, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2009
    We just released Tilt It!, Mehware's second iPhone game. Here is a description followed by some screenshots and links where you can get it.

Much like a classic Pachinko game, “Tilt It!” is played by dropping discs down a pegged board for prizes. Utilizing the iPhone’s amazing motion sensor technology, the player can tilt the board back and forth to guide the disc into the correct slot. Using realistic physics, “Tilt It!” provides a unique experience play after play.

Features
    - 10 beautiful scrolling backgrounds
    - 10 progressively harder levels
    - 10 unique designs for each level
    - Particle System
    - Realistic physics
    - Music

Enjoy this fun physics based game!

Screenshots:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

You can check out our website at http://www.mehware.com

You can check out a demo (video) of the game at http://www.mehware.com/TiltItDemo.html

The goal of the game is to get $40,000 to advance to the next level. Each level gets harder and harder. Its going to take a while to get used to at first. If you get the disc in the green slot its plus money/discs, in the red is minus money/discs.

We are giving away 10 promo codes to the first 10 people that pm me who would like to test out the game and give us feedback for improvements. Promo codes last a month. (I will give them out on the 28th as soon as iTunes Connect goes live again)

Here is where you can get the game,

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=300449819&mt=8

It sells for $1.99 USD.

- Matt

2. Chiller ONE

Chiller ONE Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
  3. vaelsh

vaelsh Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Rexburg, ID
    I sent my PM!

4. pablo19

pablo19 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    me 2 :D, Game looks extremely polished:cool:

5. Carlos-Sz

Carlos-Sz Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    The game looks very polished.

Does the game have statistics?

6. Tennisking1o1

Tennisking1o1 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    Sent my PM. The game looks great

7. mehware

Nov 22, 2008
    My apologies I did not know there was a thread on the game. I am the developer of the game (Mehware - http://www.mehware.com) so I thought I would announce it here.

- The game is fun to play and its kind of scary when your own game beats you.
    - There are currently 10 levels. We may add 5-15 more depending on popularity along with a level select screen.
    - We are always looking for feedback to make it more polished and more fun.
    - Any future update will always be free for the life of the game.
    - There will be a few modes to play the game in. One is the current mode, "Endurance Mode" where you try to beat all 10 levels, if you lose on a level you go back to level 1. The trick is to rack up as many discs as you can per level and stay away from the red slots ;)
    Another mode will be "Casual Mode" where the points (dollars) of each level is added from level to level be it positive/or negative, and you can submit your score to our website http://www.mehware.com to see who can get the highest score. You will also be able to view the highscores in the menu in game as well. (All this code is done already ;)).

I really want to make this game the best we can. Some may say its rushed to market, but this is stage one of the game. Once we get feedback anything suggested worthwhile, and everything above will be implemented by early January.

8. pablo19

Oct 26, 2008
    It would be nice if you could buy stuff, with the money, diff color balls or discs.

9. VirtualAlex

VirtualAlex Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    The developer of the game should always start a new thread even if one already exists IMO.

That way you know the developer is here, and following the discussion. Although I agree non-devs of the game should use the search function.

This game looks very nice though. Although doesn't allowing players tilt-to-aim kinda break the game? Making it overly easy?

10. mehware

Nov 22, 2008
    Tilting which I should have mentioned is capped at 20 degrees left and right (rotation around the z axis). If you were to tilt more it simply wouldn't move. Also gravity is always going down towards the bottom slots no matter what orientation the iPhone is. Check out http://www.mehware.com/TiltItDemo.html for a video demo.

- Matt

11. Fleabag323

Fleabag323 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    promos last for a month

What do you (mehware) mean by "promo codes last for a month"?:confused:

12. arkanigon

arkanigon Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2008
    The promo code expires one month after it is issued to the developer. So if and when you get a promo code from a developer it is best to use it immediately. If you wait too long then it might expire and you won't be able to use it.

But once you get the game it is yours forever, just like a normal purchase.

13. Fleabag323

Dec 19, 2008
    ok. thanks.

14. mehware

Nov 22, 2008
    I was able to give out the promo codes today because iTunes connect is back up. I have three left! PM if you want one. Again this is to give me feedback on the game, and possible improvements. The codes only work in the US App Store.

- Matt

15. mikec24red

mikec24red Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008

just wondering if my pm was too late?

16. Carlos-Sz

Carlos-Sz Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    OK. I've just played it a bit so I can start to give you some feedback:

- 3D Graphics are really, really well done: moving background, colors and animations

- music is just OK because it's a bit repetitive, so it'd be nice to have one different for each design

- gameplay: maybe you could make the board always moving a bit if we stop to tilt (something like a gravity concept) to make it a bit harder (in the first board I was able to find a position and win the level by just dropping the disc from the same point). It needs to be a bit harder/trickier.

- end of the level: it's too abrupt because out of nothing the music is stopped and a black screen is shown with the next goal; you could let the current board displayed and add a transparent form/window (like the main menu) with the game result and the next level goal, along with "Play next level" and "Menu" buttons

- boards: nice and really different designs (it's a plus for sure); however, I think you could apply different physics for each design like:

-- faster discs
    -- pins that make discs reflect more than others
    -- boards where you release 2 discs at time for each tap then it can increase to 3/4/5 making the game harder
    -- boards with a huge tilt (2 or 3 per level) that could be triggered by a button (up left or right) or even a iPhone shake
    -- boards with spinning elements
    -- boards with interactive elements (like a pinball)

(OK! I think I'm going too far now, sorry...)

- high score: that's a must and you should add it ASAP; statistics would be nice too (games played, balls played, average per game and so on)

- game mode: you could let the current one as the "Challenging" one and add a solo mode so the player can select a board and play e.g. up to 15 discs for a high score (that'll increase the replay value of the game IMO)

- Options: for now at least turn music on/off

That's all for now.

I think this game has a nice potential and a lot of features can be added to improve the gameplay and increase its replay value.

17. pablo19

Oct 26, 2008
    I played a bit and I think on the bottom the numbers are tough to see. maybe put 20k and make it bigger instead of 20.000$ and small

18. Fleabag323

Dec 19, 2008
    I just used my promo code and when trying to sync, it said that Tilt It doesn't work on my iPod model. I looked in iTunes and saw that Tilt It only works on iPhones and 2nd Generation iPod touches. Is this a mistake or intentional? Could you try to fix it, because I really want to play the game. (and review it)
    :(

19. superbad

superbad Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    CEO. Reviewer. Beta Tester.
    You need to stalk me?
    thanks for the code. downloading now

20. mehware

Nov 22, 2008
    Carlos-Sz I really appreciate your review/suggestions.

We were limited to music loops because we couldn't do mp4 compression until we got the hotfix, we will work on the music and add an on/off toggle in the options menu

We have decided to implement different colored dics with different masses and different physics atributes. There will be a red disc (like there currently is) along with a blue and green one.

Not sure where you mean release two at the same time, unless you mean some form of double tap or using two fingers to release two pucks (one each finger)

Levels 6-10 have spinning elements that spin at a constant speed.

As shown here,

[​IMG]

Do you mean interactive elements like moving platforms, or areas where you hit and it does a big bounce?

High Scores will definitely be in the next release. All the code is already implemented. We will have a page on our website that has all the high scores statistics, you will also be able to view it within the menu of the game on the iphone and submit it with an in game keyboard on the iphone.

We are going to leave this as the "Challenging/Endurance mode" and have another mode where you can select any level to try and get the high score in that level. We currently have 10 levels. We are adding 5 more in the next release.

Pablo19 thanks, we will change the texture to be more visible.

Fleabag323, I have not tested the game on a device other than a 3G iPhone, I do not know if the Unity3D engine runs on first gen devices. I will look into this.

Thanks guys,

- Matt