iPad Tilt It v1.1 major update!

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by mehware, Jan 14, 2009.

1. mehware

mehware Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2008
    #1 mehware, Jan 14, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2009
    Hey folks its Matt from Mehware. We did a major update to our Tilt It game.

http://mehware.com

Here are some screens:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Much like a classic Pachinko game, “Tilt It!” is played by dropping discs down a pegged board for prizes. Utilizing the iPhone’s amazing motion sensor technology, the player can tilt the board back and forth to guide the disc into the correct slot. Using realistic physics, “Tilt It!” provides a unique experience play after play.

Features
    - 15 beautiful scrolling backgrounds
    - 15 progressively harder levels
    - 15 unique designs for each level
    - Endurance Mode (Try to beat the whole game through)
    - High Score Level Mode (Try to get the highest score on a level)
    - High score system added!
    - In Game High Score Viewer.
    - Classic Mode (Pucks Only)
    - Crazy Mode (Pucks, Cubes, Prisms, and Stars)
    - Trailing Particle System
    - Realistic physics
    - Music

Enjoy this fun physics based game!

We listened to your input, changed the music, added 5 more levels, different objects that react differently, a high scores system. All updates are free for the life of the game. If you bought it already go get it now!

If you would like to test it out we are giving away 10 promo codes to the first 10 people that pm me. A review in the app store would really help us out. You must redeem it in the US app store, and have a second gen iphone/ipod touch.

A demo video can be found here:

Click Here for Demo Video!

Tilt It sells for $1.99USD

Click Here to Buy

2. games42

games42 Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    PM sent thanks!

3. Ahiru

Ahiru Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    public servant
    nowhere near you!
    still available?? pm'ed anyway...

4. AndyL

AndyL Well-Known Member

I pm'ed you too. Although you probably don't have anymore...

5. Ahiru

Ahiru Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    public servant
    nowhere near you!
    tada-tada-tidumm downloading. . . . thanks!

6. Ahiru

Ahiru Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    public servant
    nowhere near you!
    um, what am i doing wrong? how do i throw a disc?

7. mehware

Nov 22, 2008
    You need to tap one of the 8 slots at the top to spawn a disc.

Check out this video... Click Here.

8. nickels

nickels Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Web Developer / Designer
    PA, USA
    You tap at the top of the board to place it.

9. Ahiru

Ahiru Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    public servant
    nowhere near you!
    ooh thanks for the tip!

i'm gonna give it a go again and spend some time on it, it's almost 11pm here where i live, so i might only be able to post a review tomorrow afternoon (wake up at 6am, get back home 6pm, can't use itunes at work, gonna try to post a review via iphone)

thanks for the code! like the graphics (just for starters)

10. Carlos-Sz

Carlos-Sz Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    It sounds great!

I'll test it ASAP. :)

11. mehware

Nov 22, 2008
    I have 5 more codes to give out for people willing to test and review the game. You must have access to the US App Store. Have a 2nd gen iPhone or iPod Touch.

We want to hear what you think to make this game better for version 1.2!

12. Carlos-Sz

Nov 5, 2008
    Sorry for the delay. I've played just a bit but I need to play it more in order to give you a nice feedback.

13. mehware

Nov 22, 2008
    We are out of codes but released Tilt It Lite for those of you who want to check out the game. You can find it here in the app store!

http://www.mehware.com

- Matt

14. Fleabag323

Fleabag323 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    What I would like to see in 1.2 is 1st generation itouch support!!!! I really want to try this, but I can't play it!:(

15. mehware

Nov 22, 2008
    #15 mehware, Jan 18, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2009
    I believe first gen itouch is supported with what engine we use. (Unity). Its in a option in itunes from a drop down box oddly enough. I switched so first gens can play. It may take a little bit for it to update or instant I don't know. If you can download and play the game let me know how it works. I know the 2nd gens are a bit faster than the first gens.

- Matthew

16. mehware

Nov 22, 2008
    Price reduced to 0.99USD

Thanks for all the feedback we have got on the game. We are striving to make it better and better. In the next version we are going to have some crazy stuff. One huge improvement will be better instructions and a redesigned UI and Menus.

We reduced the Tilt It price to 0.99USD!

I saved changed in the app store, but can a developer on here tell me how long it takes until it updates?

Also I would like to know if any first gens can play it, - please pm me for a code, your iPhone/iPod touch type and firmware.

17. Carlos-Sz

Nov 5, 2008
    I've played the updated version a bit more today and let me say that music is really nice, boarders are just awesome and 2 game modes are a nice additions for sure. Good, good update.

More feedback:

- When you select one or another game mode the same message appears leading us to believe that there's no difference between them; it'd be nice to make clear that you need to score "x" points to advance to the next level and that you have to score as much as possible in the other mode.

- When you play one board to try to score more it'd be a nice touch that each 20/30 seconds the board/balls become faster and faster in order to gradually add more difficulty making it more interesting

- You could include a score mode based on time e.g. score as much as possible in one minute

- In general, I think the balls (let me call them all this way) are too slow; they bounce too much and they make the game kind of slow... Faster/heavier balls. More a pinball reaction alike (some elements of the board could change the ball direction more drastically)

- Level selector: you could include the high score so we cab play knowing what to beat

- Crazy/Classic: I'd label the option this way: "Enable different shapes along with discs" (I think Crazy is all about that, right? If so it'd be more clear IMO)

The game is getting better and better! :)

18. mehware

Nov 22, 2008
    Hey, thanks Carlos-z for the feedback.

I was surprised we had a 1000 downloads the first day with the Lite version of Tilt It Lite which can be found here.

Also we reduced the price of Tilt It to 0.99USD. We think its now the right price for the game. Tilt It can be found here.

Also has anyone with a First Gen iPhone or iPod touch played eaither of these? Thanks.

- Matt.

19. Ahiru

Ahiru Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    public servant
    nowhere near you!
    hey! looking forward for the next update - carlos gave some great suggestions that i support him on those - a "faster" game speed would make it much more enjoyable (and some improvements on the GUI as well)

also, what's with the zooming? i can break the board literally o_O

20. mehware

Nov 22, 2008
    The zooming is actually a bug. I was playing with some zooming code and I forgot to take it out.