Universal Til Morning's Light (by Amazon Games Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, May 21, 2015.

1. drunk_vader

drunk_vader Active Member

Feb 23, 2015
    Barista
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    How long? And how would you describe the replay value after beating the game? Thanks!

2. ip4weather

ip4weather Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    yes,boss fights is hard but
    last boss is not too much hard,for me witch boss is hardest(4th boss)

3. I could be wrong, but does the game give you easier sequences when you mess up? I could swear a few times when I missed the arrows, it gave me rings instead lol.

Still trying to figure out if there's a penalty for dying. If there isn't, why bother eating/healing? Why even have biscuits and med packs in he game?

(I just double-checked and I didn't even lose coins for dying. Just gained full health with no apparent penalty.)

4. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Do you know how long it took you to beat?

5. ip4weather

ip4weather Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    i played 2 days for 2-3hours,you must be very fast in combat and third eye :)

6. HarryWarden

HarryWarden Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    Yeah, there doesn't appear to be a reason to eat the biscuits other than they give them to you so might as well eat them.

7. I haven't checked the "shop" yet -- I've no idea what to expect there. Costumes? Weapons?

8. speedyph

speedyph 🌊🌊🌊🏃🏃😂😂😂⚡️⚡️⚡️

Feb 3, 2013
    Mannnnnn this game us amazing left a great comment in the reviews amazon is the #####to me just aweesome #####

9. speedyph

speedyph 🌊🌊🌊🏃🏃😂😂😂⚡️⚡️⚡️

Feb 3, 2013
    ########yes!yes!yes!! Its mind blowing good !

10. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Finished the game, the ending is slightly unsatisfactory, I think budget constraints might have caused a rush-through for the final chapter. But otherwise this is an excellent game, easily recommended. The combat gets incredibly intense near the end, and it's not a boss a particular mob that would become a huge frustration if not for a particular item that you can buy from the hilarious and creepy shopkeeper. All in all this is an easy 9.5 from me.

11. #71 AppUnwrapper, May 23, 2015
    Last edited: May 23, 2015
    That's a shame. It looks like I'm almost 20% into the game (writing my walkthrough slows me down quite a bit). I think I'm almost done with the first floor lol.

So far, disappointed with the block pushing puzzles. Hope they get more interesting, bc they just feel like a waste of time right now.

12. speedyph

speedyph 🌊🌊🌊🏃🏃😂😂😂⚡️⚡️⚡️

Feb 3, 2013
    #####this makes me sad to see him complain about this masterpiece

13. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    The puzzles are fairly straightforward. For me Til Morning's Light succeeds because of the flavor and charm. It's a case of the whole being a greater than the sum of its parts. The outstanding features to me were the great voice acting and the meticulously decorated rooms.

14. Agreed, the atmosphere and voice acting are what make the game. But those blocks move so slowly -- at least make those puzzles slightly interesting. :/

For what it's worth, I had the same complaint about Monument Valley's portion of the game where you have no options other than to just keep tapping ahead. Something like that could just be an automated cutscene. These little things feel like filler in a puzzle/adventure game.

15. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    Are you sure you're using the right controls for the blocks? You can swipe a direction to quickly move to a different side of the block, and you can keep holding a direction to quickly move the block. I've found the block controls and movement to be far better than most block puzzle games.

16. I didn't know about holding in a direction. I've been doing little swipes the whole time. Will try the holding on the next puzzle -- thanks!

17. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    Hope that makes the game less tedious for you :)

18. It did help on my first boss battle just now. :)
    Which, btw...was hard. That was a seriously big spike in difficulty. Now I see what the biscuits and med packs are for! (I didn't want to find out what happens if I died during the boss battle.)

19. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    Yeah. The boss battles are big set pieces, fun and challenging.

20. EightRooks

EightRooks Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    UK
    I worked it out myself, but don't feel too bad, you're definitely not the only one who was stuck doing it bit by bit at first. :eek: