Universal Til Morning's Light (by Amazon Games Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, May 21, 2015.

1. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    this one has a story too, well a really simple one, a bedtime story for kids :D while lost within has a complicated and confusing story, none of those really interest me if comes to story wise. but the level of polished and details is top notch and can be considered as AAA level production.

2. A lot of the reviews out so far are calling it tedious. Is it?

3. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    It's a little tedious, much of the game's puzzles are fetch-questish. But there are genuine puzzles in there too. The reasonably engaging combat and superb production values keep the game rolling along. Erica's voice actress in particular did an amazing job. The art design is also really good.

4. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    Okay, this is very steadily going from a 8/10 to a solid 9/10. Might even be 9.5 by the end. The aesthetic of the game reminds me of Monster House, cartoony horror most of the time but when it wants to the game gets deliciously creepy on par with any great horror game. The combat also scales very well, gets very hectic by the end. Definitely not a cakewalk.

5. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    That's nice to hear!

I don't particularly like horror games so how creepy are we talking? I'm starting to think Amazon only makes premium horror games.. :p

6. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    #46 sapphire_neo, May 22, 2015
    Last edited: May 22, 2015
    It's not the gory kind of horror the genre likes to celebrate these days, more subtle. And there's not a lot of it. Most of the time it's cartoony.

I also want to say that the rooms have an absurd amount of detail in how they are decorated. The mansion feels real and beautiful.

7. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Thanks for the reply! Be sure to keep posting your impressions as you play :) I'm also curious how long it would take to beat but I doubt anyone has beaten it yet.

8. I kind of half-expect to meet Scooby Doo in this game.

9. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    The attention to detail in this game is just ridiculous. All the keys are beautifully designed and have a sound bite from the heroine. There are also things like how initially when Erica encounters an enemy she says "Help!" or "Please!", but later on she's stronger and instead we get "Warned you" or "You asked for this". Similarly we see a change in her appearance as the game goes on. The journal is also great for admiring the wonderful art in the game.

10. I'm not sure how I feel about the fact that all items glow like that. Should at least make it optional like in Broken Age.

11. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    totally agreed with this, i just encountered the first boss and the boss design, the AI and combat system they put into it is just great, this game is definitely belongs to console. a tedious and boring enemies is arguable since this game is made not only for hardcore gamers but i think the developers also want to take on younger gamers too. this one deserves a 4.5 stars from me while i can only gave a 4 stars for lost within.

12. italodance

italodance Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    electrical
    Tehran-Iran
    Does it support MFi?

13. Not sure, but why would you want to? The game is designed around touchscreens. Not even sure how the battles could work with a controller.

14. ip4weather

ip4weather Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    anyone know
    what items need to kill witch boss?I have 5 or 6 items but dont knowwhat to use first,second...

15. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    You have to
    use the same items that she uses for her spells, she says them out loud. Example, web, toad, bat.

16. So, I died once and she just woke up with full health. I didn't notice if I lost anything -- maybe coins? Not sure. Kinda strange.

17. ip4weather

ip4weather Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    just finished :)
    awesome,hard and long game...

18. Is it hard? You mean the boss battles? I'm a little afraid of them myself, but since there seems to be no penalty for dying, I guess I'm not *that* scared.