Universal Til Morning's Light (by Amazon Games Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, May 21, 2015.

1. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
  2. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Wow, this game looks amazing! I didn't handle my budget very well in last days and grabbed A LOT of stuff on sale, so I'm putting this on my wishlist and hope to get to it soon. Anyway, I'm looking forward to hear some impressions from you guys even though I'm already decided to grab it eventually.

3. russiaone

russiaone Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Pimp
    San Francisco
    Production values are outstanding!

Graphics are flat out gorgeous! Very reminiscent of Luigi's Mansion.

And, oh my god, the voice acting is stupendous.

This is the kind of polish i was expecting from Forgotten Memories.

4. jupitertux

jupitertux New Member

May 5, 2015
    #24 jupitertux, May 21, 2015
    Last edited: May 21, 2015
    Thanks a lot for the video redribbon!

What's your impressions of the game so far? Compared to Forgotten Memories and Lost Within?

5. ip4weather

ip4weather Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    anyone know where is maid"s quarters?hint tell that there is a pipe that need in toalete

6. speedyph

speedyph 🌊🌊🌊🏃🏃😂😂😂⚡️⚡️⚡️

Feb 3, 2013
    yea its amazing whatcu can play on ur phone now ###

7. What else is there to get? I wasn't looking forward to anything this week until I saw this was coming out. :p

8. oldsnake

oldsnake Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    Yep,Amazon Game Studio It's Really Welcome To iOS,essential purchase,as Premium experience Without any IAP. Others will follow From Amazon.

9. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    I was about to hit the buy button when I saw rhythm based combat. Does it rely on sound? I use my phone on silent mode 99% of the time so I fail at sound games.

Conversely I am going on a plane trip next week and would wear headphones so could get it then.

Can someone comment on the need for volume/sound?

10. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Point and click adventure on iPad is something I love. I wonder how long this is and the puzzles look interesting. This will definitely go on my soon to buy list. Maybe today. Just checking it out. Don't mind wearing headphones if the sound is an important part of the game.

11. It looks like it's more like Fearless Fantasy, where you need to tap at the moment the ring meets the dot. I haven't played yet, but I doubt sound plays a part in that. Looks like a game that would be a shame to play without sound, though.

12. EightRooks

EightRooks Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    UK
    Yup, really enjoying this so far. It's very... My First Resident Evil, maybe? it's skewing for a younger audience pretty heavily (cute boy ghost for the shy heroine to get embarrassed around, precocious kid ghosts for some easy laughs, etc.) and the minigames for fights do feel a bit too much like the devs were desperate not to go with virtual controls. But it still controls pretty well, it's a gentle challenge without being a walkover, it seems like a reasonably substantial game, and the production values are high - art design's simple but very neatly done, and there's a whole lot of voice acting, all of it decent to very good so far. It's not blowing me away - you've probably seen a lot of this before in some form or other - but it's still a lot of fun, and it's definitely top-tier for mobile markets. Seems like it's well worth the money.

13. speedyph

speedyph 🌊🌊🌊🏃🏃😂😂😂⚡️⚡️⚡️

Feb 3, 2013
    YES OLD SNAKE THESE ARE HIGH PRDUCTION NO IAP GAMES THAT I CANT BELIEVE ARE ON UR PHONES IM AMAZED J JUST SUBS TO THERE YOUTUBE CHANnel they have more great games on the way #####

14. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    #35 redribbon, May 21, 2015
    Last edited: May 21, 2015
    you're welcome jupiter. as expected this is another great release from AGS team. a simple point and click 3D adventure combine with some great environment settings. as for combat i can see that this is similar to recent release RPG, Fearless Fantasy. and no, its not a rythm based combat, more like a based on timing. everything great so far, theres lot of interesting puzzles and you have to find the clues that scattered around every rooms, so expect secrets area and secrets item too :)

ps. i cant compared those games since both are completely different genre.

15. coderkid

coderkid Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    How's the story in comparison with Lost Within?

16. ip4weather

ip4weather Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    its very long game,i am playing all day and kill
    3 bosses
    and there is
    2 more i think

17. HarryWarden

HarryWarden Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    This is the Editor's Choice on the App Store. Amazon is 2 for 2 in that regard.

18. wim

wim Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Its a extreem well build game the voice acting is exelent
    The visuals are top notch
    Ist a verry long game for ios standarts
    Nice puzzels with a option to buy hints.
    Nice story with nice clips
    The battles are really fun
    Monster design is also really good
    And the voice from the hero you play with is like a dream its sounds perfect

I played for about 2 hours now i can see in the achievments option that its stil a long time to the finish
    So peaple a must buy !!

19. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    I am going to try. And I DO have a very long plane flight next week so there are headphones for that!

Thanks for the input.