iPad Tiki Towers

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by NotYou, Dec 15, 2008.

1. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    #1 NotYou, Dec 15, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2008
  2. vaelsh

vaelsh Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Rexburg, ID
    Doesn't that look like World of Goo (I think that's what it's called, isn't it?)?

3. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    That's what I thought!
    The guys that made World of Goo said they were thinking about porting it to iPhone, but we'd likely have to wait a long time if they do. This should hold me over for a while.

4. tunawrap

tunawrap Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2008
    once again, it looks like someone goofed while submitting it (only compatable with 2nd gen ipod touch)

5. superbad

superbad Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    CEO. Reviewer. Beta Tester.
    You need to stalk me?
    ummm is this a platform game or more of a puzzle.

in other words do i have to think as much?

6. spmwinkel

spmwinkel Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    The Netherlands
    I just bought it, and when I installed it, it turned out to be incompatible with my iPod Touch 1st gen. :(

I e-mailed iphone-games [at] real [dot] com about it, and hope that they'll get back to me soon.

I've got a very busy day ahead of me though, so I won't be able to post here with any updates. Just know that iPod Touch 1st gen is not supported for now.

7. costanza

costanza Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    This isn't showing up in the app store on my phone yet. I guess I'll try again in the morning.

8. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
  9. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    it's fun so far. The graphics and sound are good and thel game is very clever. I've only played a couple levels, but I'm impressed! The controls can be a bit tricky, but they're good. You'll see what I mean if you play it.

From what I've seen so far, I'd recommend it. For a dollar it's a steal.

10. Flunkie

Flunkie Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Just bought it. I really like it. Great presentation.

11. Chiller ONE

Chiller ONE Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    Is this comparable to Lemmings?

12. costanza

costanza Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    I can't believe this was only 99 cents. It seems like there's a bunch of levels and the game is extremely polished. Definitely recommended.

13. Carlos-Sz

Carlos-Sz Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    Wow! This game has really quality graphics and it's fun indeed.

The game physics is nice to play with.

For $0.99 it's something you really should consider.

14. SydneyS

SydneyS Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Student/Classroom Aide
    Philadelphia
    Will someone please let me know when it works for the ipod touch 1g?

15. Hailey

Hailey Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Chilly Minnesota
    I agree, this does look like fun. Like SyndeyS I too have a 1st. gen and hopefully we'll be able to buy this eventually:(

16. jayminer

jayminer Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Just bought this one and I must say I am really impressed! Very fluid gameplay, great presentation and a really fun game! Two thumbs up from me!

17. #17 mrbass, Dec 15, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2008
    Pretty fun game. If you like Rescue 60 Angels where it looks simple but actually requires a tad bit of precision to get just right then Tiki Towers most likely will be right up your alley. There are 5 monkeys which you put into action AFTER you've built your bridge. They swing quite a bit so you do have some leeway and flexibility in how you construct your bridges.

Bolts are non-moveable so constructing the bamboo sticks off that really helps. You have a limited number of bamboo sticks. Dragging your finger will construct 2 bamboo sticks off an existing point forming a triangle. To delete simply tap on the bamboo stick.

Object is to get all 5 monkeys across to destination.When the monkeys are swinging you can see the tension in the sticks when they turn red. Sometimes they'll snap or the whole bridge will rotate. If one monkey doesn't make it across you failed. Press 'Try Again' and instead of starting from scratch you just delete some bamboo sticks to rearrange your architectural masterpiece and try it again. You can also restart a level which clears all bamboo sticks if you so desire.

Each level has 5 bananas and think of them as bonus if the monkeys are able to pick up all 5 you get a gold medal. To unlock the next island you'll need 3 gold masks outta the 9 levels. So when you go back to say level 3 which you got a silver medal on your construction is saved so you don't have to totally redo it just tweak it enough to get all 5 bananas. Sometimes entire structures fall but if you reach out and touch the bananas before the action starts the banana will stick to the bamboo and pull the banana down with it enabling the monkey to get it.

I'm on the lava island called Barbeque Pit with 2 more levels to go. I passed Blue Lagoon and Wuthering Heights. Each island has 9 levels. Still have Big Grant Head and Mystery Island to unlock. So yea the levels might be a little short but it challenges you to get gold masks (get all 5 bananas on a level). In fact I only have 9 gold masks combined and Mystery Island says I have 11 more to unlock so I guess one needs 20 gold masks. But I still have to do Big Grant Head island first. This game my kids will love and same time adults can enjoy it too.

18. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    #18 NotYou, Dec 15, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2008
    I love that they put monkeys in this game.
    The monkeys are so f***ing crazy that they tend to destroy what seems to be a perfectly sound structure. It makes the game much more difficult. If they were calm and climbed the towers carefully, the game wouldn't be that hard. That's pretty brilliant if you ask me.

19. parranoya

parranoya Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2008
    The thing I get paid for
    CANADIA
    Very fun game ---like world of goo

you think you have a great bridge until it topples over then those monkeys start jumping on it and ---boom it all falls ---fun!

20. The Game Reaper

The Game Reaper Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    The Emerald Isle
    Congrats on becoming a mod!