iPad Tiki Towers Updated!

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by RealArcade Dude, Feb 12, 2009.

1. RealArcade Dude

Feb 12, 2009
    iPhone games guy at RealArcade
    Seattle, WA
    Howdy folks! I remembered seeing a couple threads on these forums talking about our game Tiki Towers. I just wanted to post a note letting you know that we launched an updated build of the game on iTunes last night. :)

We took a lot of the great feedback we received from fans of the game and incorporated some new features into this new update. We are always looking for user feedback on all of our games and use this information to improve our products.

We are pleased to announce the following updates to Tiki Towers:

- Vibra support added
    - Introducing Eraser Mode- for quick deletion of bamboo!
    - Multi-touch support added for easy scrolling
    - Network errors on start-up fixed

I've been a lurker of these forums but only just now created an account. I look forward to sharing thoughts and interacting with this community on various iPhone games and apps. Thanks for playing Tiki Towers!

2. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    Thanks. Just downloaded. What's vibra?

3. RealArcade Dude

Feb 12, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    Vibration support. It gives you a little jolt when you delete a section. Helps to confirm that you've actually deleted what you were aiming for.

Sorry about the confusion on that one. :)

4. dannys95

dannys95 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    Cool; too bad my iPod is broken. I saw your account pop up and wondered if you were really a dude from Real Arcade. Confirmed!!

5. Dio

Dio Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    hey are you going to be here now if we want to talk about TikiTowers?

Cause i mainly now go for apps which the devs are giving feedback and updates. Like Pocket God

6. RealArcade Dude

Feb 12, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    I'll do my best to interact on all things Tiki Towers (or other RealArcade games). Just no guarantee as to how fast I can always reply. ;)

7. worldcup1100

worldcup1100 Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2009
    Cool. Sounds like a great update to a game that I already love.

8. Palfince

Palfince Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2008
    England
    Just tried the update out and it's so much better, it's a shame I've already completed the game. :(

Any possibility that there will be a Tiki Towers 2?

9. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Haven't tried the update but agree with Palfince that it's a shame I've already completed the game. One of the few games that I've actually completed and was a joy the whole way through.

10. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    Awesome welcome to the forums! I love Tiki towers, and currently only on LVL 3 right now. I just D/L the update yesterday, but haven't had a chance to play through it yet.
    I hope to hear more from you guys, especially after the whole Text Twist issue ( You almost lost me as a customer )
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=4134&highlight=text+twist

But for the $$$ Tiki towers has been totally awesome! One of my faves...
    I would just like a "sandbox" mode added... ;)

11. Burton

Burton Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Canada
    Are there any possibilities of a new island or two being released in an update? I love the game, and would like to be challenged more. :)

12. ip0dt0uch

ip0dt0uch Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    I really hope you do have a new update with more islands and things.

It is such an amazing game! Add a few more islands and you can definitely charge more for the game, heck, the game right now is worth more than 99Cents for sure.

13. RealArcade Dude

Feb 12, 2009
    Seattle, WA

Yeah, the TextTwist launch did not go smoothly at all. We pulled it down as soon as we started seeing the problem. Sorry about that! :(

We have updated the game since then, I don't know if you have given it another try yet or not. Curious as to your thoughts on the update.

An unlimited "sandbox" mode has been discussed and the idea has a lot of fans internally. I'll make a note to find out where ended up with that and get back to you.

14. 1337brian

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    Yea I did try Text twist after the update, It is fixed and I am playing it, But I wish it had the original rules with a time limit on the original mode...
    Also please find out on the Sandbox mode, I'm very interested!... Thx.

15. different

different Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Erase mode makes much more sense than the way you had it before. Good job. :)

16. sam the lion

sam the lion Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Italy
    haven't tried the update but it seems just what the game needed!
    ...too bad I already finished it!

17. stephennn

stephennn Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Great update, and I just wanted to say that Tiki Towers is one of my favorite games in the store. Very polished, lots of gameplay, and tons of fun. A complete steal at only $1. To be honest, I actually have more fun playing tiki towers than World of Goo (and considering the development times, I think it's totally unfair that I've seen some places knock tiki as a wog "clone"). I guess I just prefer Monkey's to goo..I think part of it is I like the suspense of not seeing how my structure is going to hold up until I am complete and ready for the monkeys to start climbing. Anyway, keep up the good work!

18. 1337brian

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    LoL Same Here!!! :D

19. sam the lion

sam the lion Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Italy
    I don't agree, I consider world of goo a sort of modern work of art.
    But tiki towers is nevertheless a great game with a strong identity of its own.

20. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    RealArcade Dude-Yeah, the TextTwist launch did not go smoothly at all. We pulled it down as soon as we started seeing the problem. Sorry about that!

We have updated the game since then, I don't know if you have given it another try yet or not. Curious as to your thoughts on the update.

I just purchased the game 2 days ago and found it was a fun game. I didn't experience any problems with it.....even left a raving 5 star review on iTunes about it because I liked it so well. But why the big window asking to move to the next level whenever I get the big word? Its not that big of a deal until I start playing long term then it becomes a little annoying. (gotta tap 'no' then 'continue', etc). I kind of held my breath when downloading because of earlier reviews but you've done a great job on the update and appreciate the game. And PLEASE don't take the untimed mode out to be replaced with a timed one. Theres a lot of people that like untimed modes as well. If something is to be done can we have an optional button? Again....great game!