Tiki Towers Bug?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by snow_mani, Dec 24, 2008.

1. snow_mani

snow_mani Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    I am trying to complete level 7 (Obnoxious Obstacles) on the Mystery Island.

No matter what I do, those "gosh darn friggin monkeys" just will not climb the bamboo. I've tried everything. I've even constructed a bamboo ladder right over their box so that they are touching it when I start the level. They ignore it. They get sad faces and shrug their shoulders. Then I fail the level.

I've tried everything I can think of. I've restarted the level so many times I've lost count. I've also closed and restarted the game. I've even rebooted my iphone (I thought this was a better option than throwing it across the room). But still they act like the bamboo is invisible.

Now maybe I've missed something. I have completed all the other levels on every island. I got gold masks on all bar two. So I'm not really keen to uninstall and reinstall the game at this late stage.

Is this a bug? Did anyone else have this problem? Or have I missed something really obvious?

2. romeo1

romeo1 Active Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Me too.

I'm also having trouble on this level. They climb my initial structure, but once they hit solid ground they stop. It has made me put the game away for a while. Looking forward to someone who can help.

3. writingsama

writingsama Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Aww I just reset to get more gameplay or I'd post the solution :-(

If I remember correctly, you need to make sure they have a path all the way to the end or they'll give up because htere's multiple possabilities

4. DanM

DanM Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    England
    I would appreciate a solution for the Barbeque Pit island level called Towering Inferno :)

5. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    #5 Mr. Charley, Dec 24, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2008

Not a bug :)
    I'll try to put my snapshots together...hopefully this will help

Edit: Not sure how helpful that is with pics all sideways and stuff....maybe I'll try again

Attached Files:

6. Mr. Charley

Sep 6, 2008
    As requested

Attached Files:

7. DanM

DanM Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    England
    #7 DanM, Dec 24, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2008
    Woot, Thanks!

8. snow_mani

Oct 20, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    Thanks to everyone, particularly Mr Charley. :)

Unfortunately that does not help.

The problem is not that there is no path to the end.

The problem is those monkeys will not even attempt to try. They will NOT move past their fricking box. They ignore all the bamboo. They get sad faces and shrug and sometimes jump up and down on the spot and then the level is over. :mad:

I originally set up the bamboo so that they had to climb the pre-existing metal bamboo that is already on the screen. Like in the first screen shot by Mr Charley. But they did nothing. They did not even go near it. They just stood at their box. So then I took bamboo from elsewhere and added bamboo to that section thinking maybe it wasn't low enough for them to climb. It made no difference. So then I built a small bridge from above. Still they don't budge. So I tried adding still more bamboo. And you guessed it they just act like it isn't there. They do not even budge from in front of their box. I've attached a screenshot.

Attached Files:

9. writingsama

Dec 4, 2008
    please add more screenshots...of the whole level?

10. snow_mani

Oct 20, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    Do you mean for me or Mr Charley? If you mean for me then there is no point. The monkeys will not even move from their box. I ended up taking bamboo from other parts of the level to try and entice them to climb (see the bamboo the monkeys are standing in front of) but they still will not move. This means that my structures for the rest of the level are now not complete. No point in seeing screenshots of my now incomplete structures.

11. Mr. Charley

Sep 6, 2008
    @ snow_mani

Try to start with the bamboo sticks on the left metal part. I'm wondering if in your screenshot, the bamboo is too close to their box?
    Just try and see if that works...

12. snow_mani

Oct 20, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    No luck

I've tried every combination and placement of bamboo at the start that I can think of. I originally had no bamboo there at all, leaving the metal bamboo for them to climb up. No dice. Those monkeys just will not leave the front of the box. I've just tried it again. I think I'll give up and just delete this now. I stopped having fun a long time ago. Round about the time that I wished the game had a gun so I could shoot the damn sods!

Attached Files:

13. Mr. Charley

Sep 6, 2008
    @ snow_mani

Wow, that really sucks!!
    Yup, I'd say that looks like a bug. Sorry.

14. writingsama

Dec 4, 2008
    this is my point. if there is no way to the end, in some levels, the monkies won't move. if you made your structures "incomplete" it doesn't matter how much you put near the box. you're probably making an assumption on what they can successfully navigate. which is why I wanted screenshots, to point out the specific problem.

15. JamesC

JamesC Active Member

Nov 22, 2008
    Thanks Mr. Charley. I had the same for the bottom, but couldn’t get the top "wheel" to work. An exact copy of yours did the business nicely.

Cheers! (and happy xmas!)

16. Mr. Charley

Sep 6, 2008
    My pleasure. Glad to hear it worked. If you need any others, just ask.

And right back to you on the holiday greetings!

17. snow_mani

Oct 20, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    Excellent! The monkeys are moving!

OK, I understand what you are saying. I went back and tried it again, this time using Mr Charleys screenshots and now the monkeys are moving! They climb and I've finished the level. I've never had that problem on any of the other levels. I was about to delete the game from my iPhone! Thanks for the help. It was much appreciated. :)

18. untg

untg New Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Yup, I think if they see there is no way across further on, they won't try and even start and will just stay at the bottom maybe?/

19. doo-doo-candy

doo-doo-candy New Member

Mar 16, 2009
    I had a different problem first. They would climb up and go under the rock ( Mr. Charley last screen shot) and would not go back up. So I read you post and made my towers exactly like Mr. Charley and now they do not climb anywhere from the box just like yours. Did you ever find a solutions or just gave up? This is the last level for me and I am about to give up.

20. msnove

msnove New Member

Apr 8, 2009
    omigod!

i finally got it. after hours of trying it. :eek:
    the solution is simply; u have to make sure the bamboos are all attached from the beginning to the end! after collecting the 2 bananas at at the bottom; u hav to make sure there's a path for the dumb monkeys to climb up, or it will give you that sad face and shrug.
    :eek: