Universal Tiki Taka Soccer (by Panic Barn)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, May 7, 2015.

1. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    #61 Dailon80, Jun 5, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2015
    Got the iOS update it did add advanced controls and I'm liking those I'm gonna hang in there with this game as I feel it will get better. Fake names for some teams and players sucks but I can deal with that especially if there is an editor in the future, let us change it then it's on us not you the company look at first touch soccer and how they get around it and you can do the same no Reason u can't do it.
    Appears to be a bug the menus are overlapping each other now and I can't read what's on the screen and its causing me to push wrong buttons

2. Neddy F

Neddy F Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2009
    Yeh I've got that glitch too. The menu buttons overlap the main career screen

3. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    Updates well and truely stuffed the game for me. 1) menus are glitches,' 2) tables are broken 3) can't get to the menu after matches 4) Game Center achievement is broken. Scored a regular goal, got achievement for scoring from a free kick.

In game though it is much better.

4. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    It's bad right now unplayable actually maybe another update is coming to fix that but at this point dunno

5. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    Ok now the game is unplayable, totally broken and I lost my 3 coaches (previously 2 stars), which is really really annoying me to the most as I spent time to get them all! My headcoach also changed, now I have a monkey (or is it an alien?) plus I lost my level, so dev I know you are trying hard to fix all those, but I already had to restart from 0 after re downloading the game on the app Japan so that I could purchase iap to support you guys

6. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    Oh and I forgot to mention, I lost all my money which is really not cool as I played so many matches to earn enough to buy a good midfielder

7. panicBarn

panicBarn Active Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Completely messed up that update, sorry.

Here's how to fix:

#1: Create a new game
    #2: Go back to main menu
    #3: Load the original game

8. panicBarn

panicBarn Active Member

Nov 2, 2012
    There is an update on the way to fix automatically but the steps above should sort you out in the meantime.

9. solarius88

solarius88 New Member

Mar 3, 2014
    #69 solarius88, Jun 6, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2015
    This worked, just wanted to say this game is a blast so far.
    And it seems the crap starting team was reminiscent to the PES master league players altough I don't know how taibi ended between the sticks.
    the game seems pretty balanced without having to sink cash in so far, I'm at league 2 now.

Btw could u explain how players develop or is it only trough incidents?
    Young player progression would be nice as old players tend to degrade pretty harshly, Baroja went from 24-26 to 14 which is kinda sad, taibi too which is surprising as he is only 30.

A couple of request if possible,
    Shortlist for players
    Search or Sorting by criteria for player shop
    iCloud support
    Young players progression

10. wasabipeas

wasabipeas Member

Jan 27, 2013
    obviously I was sceptical about it being free , but so far the inevitable "watch this video" for in game currency etc.... isn't too bad . the gameplay is great , you really need play quickly and it encourages short , swift passing ! I guess that's the name of the game ! This is a pretty all round solid package ! great work .

11. Great game. Left a review.

I think any glitches will be sorted out by the dev. This doesn't really seem like a money grab. Dev is in it for the long term, will take time to fine tune the free to play system.

Keep up the great work :)

12. FRS

FRS Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    Just wanted to say thanks to the dev and encourage others to support it. This is free to play done well and I'd encourage anyone interested in a touch more cerebral footy game to go for it. Its RPG aspects make it so the depth expands as you build your team. I think it would be great to have a slightly larger team to start with, just to balance energy and injuries (I had 5 injuries before I knew how much low energy impacted these events, i.e. before the friendlies were done).

But I agree, the videos are horrible, but totally worth an in-app purchase to support the dev and get rid of them. I don't regret the $5 for the 1,000,000 pound investment in my team at all, as it's expanded the sophistication and enjoyment of the game exponentially. I hope it makes the dev enough money to stick with it and fix the minor issues that are there (this last update and its game-breaking bug was horrific).

13. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    Any good beginner tips for people starting out?
    I'm referring to tips around the manager aspect of the game.

14. armored_bard

armored_bard New Member

Jun 9, 2015
    #74 armored_bard, Jun 9, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2015
    Hello, have been playing this game for about a week and I really enjoy it so far, and it's nice to know that the dev hangs around here from time to time,but some work could be done on improving it.
    To start with- please, add some young player progression, as its absence makes long-term team making(investing in new "talents") pretty much useless as young players simply don't get any skill improvements even though they cost a lot of money.
    Secondly- there is a very annoying bug that happens if you touch the screen right after scoring/conceding a goal- the players who scored it freeze on the opponents' half, therefore preventing the ball from being kicked off from the middle. Only the game restart seems to help. It doesn't occur if I just wait a few secs before skipping the celebration.
    Also, maybe it's just my maths skillz, but I don't see any point in buying a 2-star accountant. Costing 45.000, he gives 15.000*0.15*20=45.000. Basically, no benefit. Maybe the player price reduction is significant, can't test it since I don't have enough money for both an accountant and new players.
    Thank you in advance. The game is truly awesome and I can't wait for the suggested improvements to be made:) will buy an investment once young players will actually start being worth the money.

PS, almost forgot, please do something about the corners- attacking team always has at least one unmarked player in the box. I don't know whether the game engine allows to add some sort of off-the-ball marking to the game, but implementing this idea in any way possible would make the football much more realistic and the corners -- less OP( eg in FIFA they let a player choose what he prefers-zonal or player marking, but obviously I dint expect an indie developer to have the same amount of time/resources as EA)

15. panicBarn

panicBarn Active Member

Nov 2, 2012

Really useful feedback!

- young player progression and player sales were always planned just ran out of time. Expect an update at some point
    - the freeze bug fix has been submitted and tested as working by the beta testers. Android users already have this patched.
    - might bump the coaches good point, price reduction is good though
    - corners I agree, need some work!

Thanks for playing.

16. panicBarn

panicBarn Active Member

Nov 2, 2012
    - rotate your squad every match by NRG to allow players to regain energy
    - pick up a 45k skills coach after preseason the boost to all players is very decent
    - couple of cheap strikers Cureton and Burton, they are old so may retire at the end of the season but good for a year

Anything else specific you need help with let me know.

17. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    One thing I'm not big on is no matter what league I start with it's always the same players across the whole team. A simple mix of players rated the same would be great. I've had to restart a couple times and seeing those same players gets old quick.

18. FRS

FRS Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    Still enjoying it...

but please why can't we sell players? It makes the sort by NRG function nearly useless when selecting a team by the second season. This is because all your fully fit players are your crap players, rated 10, and they're fit because they've been riding your bench all season. This and young player progression is a must!

19. ACJC

ACJC New Member

Jun 14, 2015
    Fitness coach gone AWOL

Hi Devs, I purchased a fitness coach for my first season for £1.49, since getting promoted for my second season he's disappeared, is this a bug or a slightly cheeky IAP policy? Please let me know how I cam restore him.

20. SoFasttt

SoFasttt Member

Feb 8, 2012
    At first it ran very well, then for some strange reason after I reached English L2, it takes 2-3 minutes each time to open the shop, either by clicking Plus symbol or Shop button. The game just freezes for a few mins until the shop window pops up. Start a new game and update to latest version didnt help. Is there any way to fix it?