Universal Tiki Taka Soccer (by Panic Barn)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, May 7, 2015.

1. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    Yeah that's where it hurts, 3 matches and your team is too tired to do anything good, so what do you have to do, buy energy drinks or a fitness coach with limited money... This isn't great, such a pity as the game is a little gem but is ruined by those F2P mechanics... I really hope it will change when it goes worldwide

2. djstout

Jul 21, 2011
    Taiwan & Japan
    Just played a few more matches and I must say that it's a very good game, but it's sometimes a bit too easy to shot, I mean I scored from the halfway line, the ball is too quick compare to players, but it's still very fine. Also I would love to sell players I don't need anymore, but it's unfortunately impossible (maybe at the end of the season?)

3. tommi8080

tommi8080 Active Member

Feb 16, 2014
    In-app purchase? Bleah

What a pity. I would buy this game for 4.99€, but I don't want to support in-game purchase.
    I'm waiting for Tika taka since 2013, and I'm going to download it :mad:

4. djstout

Jul 21, 2011
    Taiwan & Japan
    Well it's still possible to enjoy the game without spending any money but I was so disappointed at the end of my very first season, all my over 34 yo players quite and all my over 29 yo players lost 10 points, so my players who were already bad (24 points) ended up with 14 points... So now that's very tricky, the game actually forces you to spend more money on better and younger players, but you don't get that much that easily, it's still doable but it's painful. The other very annoying part is all the CM in the game, watch a cm to get 400 credits, and also watch a cm after each matchs to.... Well you are actually forced to watch a cm after a match... It's such a pity because the game itself is very very good and challenging, I am really enjoying it, it's pure fun! But the F2P system is such a pain!

5. panicBarn

panicBarn Active Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Hello all, dev here.

Just spotted this thread. Thought I would give you all some info. Thanks to everyone who is playing the game.

- Currently in soft launch in New Zealand only. Aiming for full launch the week before Champions League final.

- Lots of bug fixing and gameplay tweaks still being made. Along with Gamecenter support and translations.

- It is free to play and I understand some players won't accept this. I genuinely believe I have a fair system in place. Nothing will ever stop you playing and with squad rotation and purchasing coaches/energy items (using in game currency not IAP) you can manage your energy even at the early stages.

- Your players are crap to start with. But this is simply as you start in the lower leagues and their stat's are bad. Hopefully you can spot a few cheap aging players to bolster your squad in the first season (Cureton and Burton!) or save up for a decent skills coach (will have enough cash after pre-season)

- It does have ad's but any IAP removes ad's. Again if against the free to play model I can't win here. Personally I prefer the option for as many people as possible to be able to try the game and then offer in game incentives so hopefully they will make some form of payment. If you don't want to make any payment that's completely fine as well but you will get a video ad post match.

Also a little about the game - it's not your traditional footy game, not only are the controls themselves unique but also the structure is more focused on mobile. So that means short games with few chances and from match one you are playing with your own team dropped straight into progression and team-building.

The classic football game structure of pick a team, play a game is gone. Again perhaps this isn't for all but hopefully as it's free you can all at least try it.

Some questions I spotted in the thread:

Definitely no timers. As mentioned the game will never stop you playing.

Top right of screen during a match is the button which will allow you to make subs.

Not sure this is the case, players definitely try to stay onside unless making runs. However they don't alwalys succeed.

I would suggest after pre-season you will have enough money to buy a level 2 skills coach which will boost passing and shooting.

Definitely rotate your squad. In formation screen sort by NRG before each match to pick your fittest team.

This is planned but not currently implemented, either a bulk sale of your worst players at the end of the season (optional)

Not quite that bad! Players over 34 at the end of the season there is a chance they will retire. Also players over 30 their stats will drop but not quite as harsh as stated. This is just a reflection of age.

Thanks again and any questions let me know.

6. Stevencarla

Stevencarla Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2011
    HONG KONG
    so devs, have a approximate date for the worldwide release?

7. djstout

Jul 21, 2011
    Taiwan & Japan

Thank you so much for answering our questions! Well after a week of non-stop playing (and I mean non-stop ^^) I totally love this game, I had to give up on my first team as I made too many mistake and ended up with super crappy players, but after resstarting, all went so well and I now have a descent team in the League 2 (English league), I am really really enjoying it more and more, but there are a few small things I'd love to change, first the option to search for a specific player (nationality, team or skill), second the option to remove those ads and finally better corners, corners are too far from reality, there are no players in the goalkeeper area or too few.
    My last question, I started playing this game (that I downloaded from my NZ account) but I'll download the game as soon as its out worldwide, will I loose all my data? Because that will be a heartbreaker, I played over 60 matchs with my team... I want to support you guys by purchasing coins but if I'll loose all my data, I might well have to keep it that way

8. panicBarn

panicBarn Active Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Aiming for the week before Champions League final.

Agree the player shop needs some work. Will look at being able to tap a team and see the players in that team so people can find their favourites easier.

Any IAP will remove the ad's. I am adding a hint text to make this more obvious.

Also agree! Corners need some work especially marking and keepers being able to punch out.

If you have the New Zealand soft launch version all that will happen is your game will receive an update as normal. So your version won't disappear or be lost. In fact you will probably receive the launch version first and then will be released world wide on launch day.

9. Stevencarla

Stevencarla Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2011
    HONG KONG
    good that means very soon then , cant wait to try it.

10. djstout

Jul 21, 2011
    Taiwan & Japan
    No the problem is that I have 0 money on my NZ account, so I need to re download the game from AppStore Japan or Taiwan, so my question is will I lose all my data?

11. panicBarn

panicBarn Active Member

Nov 2, 2012
    I am not sure. If you try and buy IAP via within your NZ download while your location is set to Japan/Taiwan it will probably say you need to switch to your NZ account (with NZ currency). But again, just guessing.

12. djstout

Jul 21, 2011
    Taiwan & Japan
    No the problem is that I will have to delete my current game to re-download it from my Japanese account

13. panicBarn

panicBarn Active Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Ok looks like starting again maybe the only option. Not 100% sure though.

Launch trailer. Arrives worldwide June 4th.

14. djstout

Jul 21, 2011
    Taiwan & Japan
    My heart stopped right after reading your message... Oh well I'll just stop until it's out as I really want to support you guys

15. PeteOzzy

PeteOzzy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    Popped up again in the NZ store, certainly looks like a release for today. Very recommended from me.

16. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    Gonna be playing this with Preston North End having Beckford score from 45 yards and grabbing a hat trick when he is most needed :O

17. djstout

Jul 21, 2011
    Taiwan & Japan
    A must have!

18. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    Hope Beckford comes back to Leeds :)
    From what I've seen it looks like you build your own team and get players from all teams etc but can someone tell me if there is a mode where you can play as teams that already exist w rosters in place etc?

19. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    No doubt I trust your opinion very much looking forward to this. If you haven't played AFL Live 2 it's way awesome if you like Australian rules football.
    Can't wait to download this tonight at 10pm my time but hoping it appears sooner than that :)