iPad Tiger Woods, NFS - Not until Fall 2009?

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by amn624, Feb 12, 2009.

1. amn624

amn624 Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    publisher
    Nassau County, NY
    #1 amn624, Feb 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2009
    Not until the fall!

:(

From IPGN

Google: "iphone network tiger woods"

2. SwingOnThis

SwingOnThis Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2008
    Maybe they're just doing a super-accurate simulation. You know, with Tiger being injured and all...

3. worldcup1100

worldcup1100 Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2009
    Lol... probably

4. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    It also says NFS will be released in fall

5. rpb1975

rpb1975 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    IT Consultant
    Texas
    Stating the obvious...THAT SUCKS! :(

6. dannys95

dannys95 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    please stop making so many of these threads. NO ONE knows when exactly. oh wait; i know. sometime in 2009. that's all everyone knows. so please stop making a gazillion threads. they r pointless.

7. Fletch

Fletch Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    The Internet
    No f***in' way :mad:
    Maybe I'll just go buy westward...

8. Nicarolina

Nicarolina Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2008
    The part about need for speed cant be true, ea said it would release this march, and it has already been delayed a few times, they couldnt afford delaying it anymore

9. worldcup1100

worldcup1100 Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2009
    Sure they can afford too. People like us who create 10 or so threads every time they announce a screen shot are just adding to the hype of the game and likely increasing their initial sales. (Not that they won't already be ridiculous)

10. BrushMyNoseOff

BrushMyNoseOff Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2009
    Coach / Photographer
    NYC
    Do it anyway. Westward is a gem. Actually, at its current price it is a steal!

As far as NFS, I think they probably confused themselves. NFS will see the light of the day relatively soo. We've seen numerous screenshots and even a video, which would suggest the release date is definitely a lot earlier than Tiger Woods - for which there is no media of any sort as of now.

11. RedStaR

RedStaR Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    GOD who really cares that much anymore?

I'm sure when it's ready we'll damn sure know when EA wants us to know

Thing only thing that has gotten this much attention was payback and that had to get pulled before people went crazy (myself included), but the NFS thing is so overdone

And there are plenty of threads about it already.

I would like all of them to be consolidated and retitled in one thread EX:
    "NFS: news, previews, & disscussion
    Update:"""""""" "

You guys know its only gonna take no longer than a month after it comes out for all the excitement to die, because there always gonna be another game thats on the way, I was really keeping an eye out for NFS when it was announced but now I'm just seeing if it'll ever debut and if it does I'll buy it, but I doubt if it'll blow me away like HOS or BIA because those were new games with only console versions of different games to compare to.
    NFS is just another racing game on iPhone, it might be the best one but it still another addition to an already flooded genre on the device.

12. PeterM11

PeterM11 Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2008
    East Coast, USA
    do you mind posting a link to this article? I am also having a hard time believing this.

13. smokin okin

smokin okin Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2008
    everything you said is all so true, I fully completely agree with you

14. salsamd

salsamd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 1, 2008
    San Francisco, CA
    #14 salsamd, Feb 12, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2009
    You need to Google search it as indicated in the first post. The URL is somehow protected so that it doesn't embed.

15. Skateboard313

Skateboard313 Active Member

Jan 15, 2009
    WHY would they put auto accel!? What the hell kind of fun is a racing game yo you dont have full control over!! Isn't that the point of a game!? Wow

16. Maven

Maven Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Its painfully obvious that they are waiting for iPhone 3.0 and the $19.99 price tag.

I hope EA isn't banking on people having to upgrade their hardware for this game. Not gonna happen here...

17. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    It's painfully obvious far too many people fall under the sway of RUMORS with no actual basis in reality.

iPhone 3.0? This soon? Not gonna happen. The hardware was released less than 2 years ago, the SDK opened up less than a year ago. Apple will milk the current base hardware (by that I mean CPU and GPU in use currently) for a while longer before a massive hardware update. Usually what they do is comparatively minor hardware updates for the iPod line, and that will probably happen with the iPhone for at least a couple of years (better camera, video recording). Don't forget that the platform is iTouch and iPhone, so they'll milk the current base hardware a while longer while adding bells and whistles. Only after that well starts to run dry will they massively update the CPU and GPU (probably to a later generation ARM and later generation PowerVR GPU).

As for the "premium price" section...devs could price their games as they wish right now. They ain't pricing anything above $12.99 because they know they don't need to, and they know that it would price them out of the market. A "premium" section based on developer name (meaning "big" devs like EA and Sega) might come to be, but probably not a section put aside due to price. Again, they could've priced at $19.99 at any point. They didn't.

18. THEDeliriumTrigger

THEDeliriumTrigger Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    If you think the racing genre is overdone, then what does that make the puzzle category? Or just the section of the puzzle category that only includes match 3 games? There are far more cluttered areas, the racing section of the app store at least has a respectable ratio of quality to crap.

19. Indy

Indy Well-Known Member

May 26, 2008
    Hands On: Tiger Woods and Need for Speed (Please Ignore if already posted)

Just browsing on my phone during lunch and found this slightly older (Feb, 13) article with a short little hands on preview. Sorry if its already been posted, I'm on my phone and the 'search' function doesn't seem to be working well for me today for some reason.

But anyhow, enjoy! Can't wait.