Universal Ticket to Earth (by Robot Circus Pty Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

I think there isn't any game in the store where the match-three-factor is located more in the background. C***y C***h (a "typical" match 3 representative) p.e. seems to be quite the opposite to Ticket to Earth. In TtE the match-three-mechanics are only there to find (better: to limit) the path of the avatar. TtE is more like Dungeon Raid or Hero Emblems, gameplay-wise. And wait until the RPG elements are getting an important role…

2. matscotty

matscotty Active Member

May 14, 2011
    Hi from Brissy, Australia. Loving the game. Great so see some awesome Aussie talent on here.

3. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Anyone know how long the launch sale is for?

4. MobileOnTapYT

MobileOnTapYT Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2017
    The fun continues. Really think this is a game ill actually manage to get to the end of.

5. Rangerlump

Rangerlump Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2010
    For the Devs, for people that suck like me can we get currency for replaying missions. Even if it's a reduced rate it would be something. Spending all my coin on crap skills / gear can leave me stuck unable to finish a mission or work myself out of the hole because I cannot upgrade anything

6. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Thanks for the info. This is more likely to be on my alley.

7. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    If you're struggling, try restarting the mission until you get an initial board layout that gives you a good first combo. It can really make a difference.

Also, check out the justice missions if you haven't already. They can be a good source of extra income.

8. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Again, can you tell us where you are stuck? I simply don't think it's possible to buy yourself into a hole like that. I don't think the skills have made a huge difference at this point.

9. IOSgamer1980

IOSgamer1980 Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2015
    This game is the best iOS surprise of this year or last. Comparisons to Hero Emblems are spot on. Both games blend puzzle and RPG gameplay in unique, meaningful, and fun ways. The devs in both cases could have stopped there and had a hit, but went above and beyond by creating an interesting well-written story and characters and tying everything together with a superbly slick and clean interface and overall presentation.

10. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    You can be screwed from the get go and not in a fun roguelike way. This is my number 1 frustration... and that you can actually get boxed in and unable to produce enough damage or heal to make a difference. Last but not least, some of the combat animantions and pauses just slow down the gameplay.

This isn't a bad game, but it isn't fun for me. I am well into chapter 2 and I have no drive to continue aside of the story. Which just isn't doing it for me.

Once again, it's a good game and if you have read this thread, many people are enjoying it. I am just not one of them.

11. Misguided

Jan 27, 2009
    I'd agree that an unfavorable board setup could make things tougher, but I've yet to see one where it was completely unmanageable. And with all due respect, you can definitely get boxed in, but every time that happened it was my own fault. Positioning is important, but you also have to carefully consider what the board between you and enemies looks like. Sometimes it pays huge dividends to leave a square or two when drawing a path, to cut off enemies. It's part of the strategy. If you are getting hit too often (and I was guilty of this early on too), it isn't because the game is unfair, but because you need to play a bit differently.

12. Tychaeus

Tychaeus Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2015
    Wow, "palm to face"
    I never even really thought about using the different puzzle squares as a def by separation making the enemies path fragmented if possible or whatever. So far I really haven't had much trouble progressing, but this prolly could have saved me a few repeats at least.
    Nice #

13. Tychaeus

Sep 23, 2015
    IKR! Finally, here is the first real addictive hit of the year as far as mobile goes imo. Card Thief will prolly too, depending on how fleshed out beyond beta it will be, then somewhat soon...Morphite, and MY most anticipated...Exiles of Embermark. Not to mention Shadowgun Legends somewhere on the Horizon. Finally
    Something worthy since Pathfinder Advs. and Freeblade #

14. Tychaeus

Sep 23, 2015
    Lol...love seeing so many amazing comments, and these guys definitely deserve it. If you couldn't tell alrdy, yeah I'm loving it =D

15. Misguided

Jan 27, 2009
    I think I mentioned upthread that I had to redo the first mission of chapter 2 like 4 different times. When you start dealing with enemies that can move further, it starts to become a real pain. Heck, I lot myself get surrounded by the slow bots several times. There are definitely strategies to minimize that, though there are still times you will simply be unlucky.

16. Tychaeus

Sep 23, 2015
    #116 Tychaeus, Mar 17, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
    Yeah absolutely, but I never feel like I was cheated or should not have been defeated. It all feels very balanced so far. Course I am just now starting chapter 2
    In fact I just did exactly what you said.. haha.. the first of chapter two... especially if it's the one where you first play as the other guy.

17. Misguided

Jan 27, 2009
    That's the one.

18. gaberaph

gaberaph Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2015
    Awesome! Looking forward to it :) Gotta go and kill more jackals now!

19. cevinius

cevinius Active Member

Mar 21, 2014
    Game of the Week!

Wow!!! It is an incredible honour considering all the fantastic games released this week.

Thanks for all your support. And thanks for playing our game!

We're working through the weekend to get the update out ASAP. The lock-screen issue is fixed, and we'll try to include some other tweaks mentioned here as well. Stay tuned!

20. Misguided

Jan 27, 2009
    You guys totally deserve it for creating something so unique and polished.