Universal Ticket to Earth (by Robot Circus Pty Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Mar 15, 2017.

1. ashmike3

ashmike3 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    Ok, but what does mutton say? #

2. Tychaeus

Tychaeus Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2015
    Agreed, dude needs to get over himself. This episode alone is already worth the price point and it super fun and satisfying.

3. yankeeblue000

yankeeblue000 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2016
    Cool show. It was a bummer that they canceled it. They tried to come out with a reboot I think a few years back but it didn't do well so they cancelled it again. ☹️:(..
    Btw, have fun with the game

4. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Mutton says the game is great fun and Curry has no chance of ripping the iPad Mini 2 off his hand...

5. ashmike3

May 15, 2014
    ##, well played

6. maxbrickem

maxbrickem Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2009
    Thanks man!

7. ashmike3

May 15, 2014
    Loving it. I get better because I learn, sign of a good game to me. RIP heroes. Loved it. Buy this game y'all.

8. yankeeblue000

yankeeblue000 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2016
    So many great games coming to the iOS platform. The last couple of months have been incredible. They're have been some great puzzlers released that last few weeks especially.

Puzzle games have not really been my thing but, they are now because, these games have been incredible and unique. This one especially. Even though this is more of hybrid of sorts. It's probably on the top of a very long list of great games and the hits just keep on coming.:D:D

9. currymutton

Oct 16, 2008
    Curious: can the player go back and play previous stages?

10. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Not immediately, but yes. As mentioned upthread, you do that to complete the secondary objectives, which earns tokens for the passive talent system.

11. currymutton

Oct 16, 2008
    Sold. Since Mutton is basically glued to the iPad Mini, I am resort to play this on iPhone

12. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

From their website:

13. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I really wish you could turn off that zoom when you start dragging the tile path, it really ruins the flow for me :(

I think zoom should just occur maybe when you initiate the attack for dramatic effect but that zoom every time you trace doesn't feel fluid to me.

14. PhoenixWing

PhoenixWing Active Member

Jan 29, 2014
    Are there any way to respec the tokens spent? Seems like a really long path to me so it's quite easy to make mistakes.

15. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    #75 MetaGonzo, Mar 16, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
    Ooh this is slick. I was sceptical during the intro graphics; feel a bit sillly now.
    Oozes quality; a very premium experience.

16. Rangerlump

Rangerlump Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2010
    Just unlocked the armory. One thing that I do not like is if you are stuck the only way through is to beat your head against the wall.

What I mean is you do not get any bonus gold for redoing missions. So if you blow all your coin on skills that suck and you can't complete missions, going back and redoing missions to grind money doesn't work because all you get is the 1 or 2 gold you happen to pick up on tiles.

Before unlocking the armory I was stuck with 3 missions I could not complete. 2 were in a limited number of rounds but my skills and perks were too crappy to complete them. The problem was I couldn't upgrade because I had no money.

I guess I could go back through to try and unlock a bonus here and there but I do have to say it is frustrating.

It is a fun game, but being able to end up stuck really sucks.

17. cakewalker

cakewalker Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2015
    This looks to good to pass on for now, will get it today.

18. Gambler

Gambler Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    This game is flecking amazing! RPG elements paired with match "3" mechanics already worked very well with Hero Emblems. Although Ticket to Earth is quite different to that title all of its elements work together very well. Loving the story, combat and presentation (3 hours in so far)!

Imo one of the best iOS releases this year so far.

19. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    #79 Misguided, Mar 16, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
    I presume they put that in to make it easier to trace paths on a phone, but it isn't really needed on I
    Ad. An option to disable this would be great.

@Rangerlump I haven't seen a mission I couldn't complete. There were some I had to redo because I sucked, but nothing remotely impossible (I think I did the very first mission of ch2 like 4 times, lol, but that was my own fault). Now some of the secondary objectives are tough, but that's intended. If you are referring to the missions with the blue icons, those are optional. At any rate, there's no way you should be "stuck" at this point. Perhaps more info about your situation?

Edit: actually, the one scenario I could see is if needing a justice power. Their inclusion is one of the few things I don't like about the game.

20. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    This is excellent.

Just got to the end of the 18 levels in this Episode's story after a little over 3 hours, without replaying any of the levels to get the bonus objectives I missed.

I also managed not to notice the justice missions until now, so I've got 17 more missions that I've not tried yet. That should take me up to 7 or 8 hours if I go for the bonus objectives too.

Seems fair for the price to me - the quality bar is set very high indeed.

aussiepaul likes this.