Universal Ticket to Earth (by Robot Circus Pty Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Mar 15, 2017.

1. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Well I'm not sure if it's a GOTY contender or not but it's certainly gripped me more than any game has so far this year. It's wonderfully produced and oozes quality and even though it's episode 1 seems to have more content than a lot of stand alone titles. Love it.

2. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Normally I don't play games like this, but I did only based on the eye-candy and the comments here, I love eye-candy it makes me happy.

Besides all that the game is great fun and very polished, I would call this a tripple A IOS game as they use that term in the console-dying-department.

3. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Doesn't belong there. Not even close. It's a good, solid game, but after a point, the combat isn't all that interesting, just a case of numbers that get larger. Hero Emblems is one of the better games in the "everything else" category, but it isn't in that class. Just my opinion, of course.

4. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    #44 anthony78, Mar 15, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
    Well, I strongly disagree. Not sure if you were even playing the same game. Combat is fantastic and very complex and strategic in Hero Emblems. Not "just a case of numbers that get larger". Rebuffs, tons of emblem combinations to equip, skills....it's WAY more in depth than the other games you mentioned including the Puzzle Quest games.

You get your ass handed to you in Hero Emblems if you don't preplan with what Emblems, skills, items, etc. that you equip with the variety of strengths and weaknesses for bosses, for example.

Anyway, sorry for digressing, but just know I'm also not alone in that opinion.

5. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I'll respectfully disagree. Those other games you listed are good but honestly they don't compare to Hero Emblems at all. Hero Emblems is the bar to beat in all my match3 games. This is also coming from a huge huge match3 fan. Hero Emblems adds everything you could want into a match3. Other match3 games I lose interest after a while but Hero Emblems has a lot more to do than most of the others - this game has more strategy than any other match3 I've played. Hero Emblems outshines many of the classic games at this point. This is all just my opinion obviously.

6. Misguided

Jan 27, 2009
    It's all good. We can agree to disagree.

7. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Yep. And another vote for Hero Emblems as being top of the heap in its genre. Sounds like this game is a different animal though. Just bought it (thanks for all the imps guys!) and plan to find out.

8. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    So i'll be the only Hero Emblems fan to sit this one out until i know it's complete and buy then :) not a matter of price, but i cant stand starting a phenomenal game and then having to wait or find it's been dropped. Hopefully they release all the episodes very soon, but the "secrecy" for the last episodes makes me hold for now.

9. JohnnyClash

JohnnyClash Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2016
    Same here..

10. ashmike3

ashmike3 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    Just excellent. Definitely in my wheelhouse. Great mix of genre. Very slick. Thanks for the recommends TA.

11. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Tha thing is, we should be informed.

Look at Republique, at least we were told in the very start it was episodic (and the price thing was history). I am not calling the developer lying, but well, if anyone not so fortunate as we do shelled out the $$$ and find that it is not the end, there will be unecssary mixed feeling.

I guess I am very clear here. It is nothing to do with the gameplay. I see it is good, but developor could have done better.

Conisder buying at this point.

12. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Right, the insane price of $3.99. Well, guess what guys? This is a launch sale. It's going up soon, right? Wait till the price goes up and everyone throws a tantrum about not buying it sooner. Said it before and I'll say it again...your loss. :)

aussiepaul likes this.
  13. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Wow! Definitely an expensive week for me as I added this and Kindgom New Lands. This is a "must buy" if you like either turn based strategy or match 3 although this isn't a match three game as others have said... to me this is a perfect blend of both style games as it has aix of turn based strategic rpg with some match elements. Top notch quality regarding graphics and even general story. I've only played for 15 mins but can tell that this will be a favorite of mine...

I'm with others with wishing the developers would be sharing if the other episodes will be paid or free. I'm a premium gamer and usually don't play freemium games. I hate IAPs and with so many other games (my back log is 30 deep) I just choose to go premium.

With 40% off and many of the other TA users that I follow metalcasket, appunwrapper, ramzarules, tokyodan, pitta, L.lawliet (sorry for potential screen name spelling issues) it became a total no brainer... so far these TA users have been my compass related to potential games!

Trust me, worth $3.99 even if it episodic as I read that someone maybe Pitta has already put 10 hours into the game...? So $3.99 for 10 hours seems more than fair!

Just get it, you won't be sorry!

aussiepaul likes this.
  14. JohnnyClash

JohnnyClash Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2016
    Absolutely agree.. Loving this game so far..

15. maxbrickem

maxbrickem Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2009
    #55 maxbrickem, Mar 16, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
    Few hours in and starting chapter 2. There are also side missions to gain currency if you don't want to progress the main story line. I can only echo what everyone else is saying. This game is pretty amazing. Smooth gameplay, great graphics, wonderful combat system, some strategy required, replayability to "perfect" each level...I mean the list goes on. I asked about gear/loot earlier and haven't seen any replies yet, but it seems as if there are different weapons to equip? I am on chapter 2 and haven't seen any gear upgrades yet, can someone confirm or deny the existence of gear? Being a loot-driven rpg guy this game would still be top notch in my book even if I find out there's no loot/gear. Any answers? :) thanks TA

I also second metalcasket's comment by saying your loss if you don't pick this gem up now for $3.99. I am also a huge fan of hero emblems. This game is kind of scratching an itch I had for a puzzle rpg. I really want to see a hero emblems 2.

16. Misguided

Jan 27, 2009
    Max, there are a few predefined loot upgrades for each character. You will get access to those very shortly. They don't have any fancy abilities or anything like that, but do increase the max damage that a weapon can store and can have increased base damage. They are purchased with credits.

17. yankeeblue000

yankeeblue000 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2016
    Man, this game was not even out 24 hrs and people are complaining already about the game possibly being abandoned and not being supported for future episodes. Lol. You got to be kidding. Do some research before buying. Go on to the developers website & get some info about it. Contact the dev's thru email or social media. If you're not happy with what you find don't buy it but, to be honest Im with the opinion of others on this thread that it will be you're loss. It's a truely great experience. It's lots of fun and unique and well polished.

I say spend the $4 or more depending on where you are and support the dev's so they can make some money and afford to further support this game with future content. Give these dev's a chance before you guys start with the bitching and moaning and the negative dialogue.

Listen, I've been burnt before as a customer with some game purchases but, I cut my losses and moved on. This is a new day. New Dev. New game. Let's try to be positive about it and give it a chance to be successful :eek:

aussiepaul likes this.
  18. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

Finally got to watch AppUnwrapper's YouTube video. The TA app isn't playing videos for me lately so I'm watching it on the big screen. Looks totally awesome. Downloading now.

19. ashmike3

ashmike3 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    I used to watch a show called Heores. It ended abruptly without conconclusion. I still consider it an excellent experience and have no regrets for investing my time in watching. This game is worth the cost of admission. Imho

yankeeblue000 likes this.
  20. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    You miss the point, cause they mention the launch sale right there. Anyway I bet there will be sales later on, with the first episode free... :p

If I make a game, I will state "it will always be US$1.99, no sale, never go free, will update whenever possible"

Okay, OT ends there, please.