Universal Ticket to Earth (by Robot Circus Pty Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Mar 15, 2017.

1. aux80

aux80 Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2014
    [/QUOTE]

I am looking forward to your first impressions! You sound like you know exactly what you are talking about.

2. raravan

raravan Well-Known Member

May 18, 2014
    #22 raravan, Mar 15, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
    this game is unbelievable. art, music, sounds, gameplay and even the story - outstanding! can not put it down, i swear.

my only wish that developers will continue to update this application with more episodes instead of releasing other episodes as a new apps.

3. senkoujin

senkoujin Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2013
    Ooh!

I've decided that I will buy this one! I just need to clear out some space on my iPad. ^^;;;

4. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    There's no indication that the remaining episodes are going to be separate so far.

Also, with all due respect to everyone here not buying this because of its episodic nature, it's your loss. I don't agree with PG's Harry Slater in the least, but if you're not checking this out, you're missing one of 2017's biggest releases. This game is monumental.

5. OrangeKnickers

OrangeKnickers Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2013
    After two hours: LOVE!!! GAMING BLISS! Right now, without a doubt my GOTY-contender.

6. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    he gave it 9/10 and praised it what is it you don't agree with? definitely gonna get this though even though i barely spent much time with kingdom or mushroom 11 :/

7. aux80

aux80 Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2014
    How many total episodes are there? Is it only the two episodes, or are there more?

The game looks awesome, but I may benefit from waiting for there to be MORE game to play. Having to wait months for new episodes could be torture.

8. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I'm thinking about getting this but does anyone know if I can grind in the game? Or is it played straight through and then it ends? Because for my match3s I like replay value. Hopefully you can keep playing however you want instead of a one-shot, complete the story then delete.

9. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    #29 stubbieoz, Mar 15, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
    Currently $6AUD and that is at an introductory 40% off!
    That means that soon the game will be $10AUD.
    That puts it in the mid to high end of mobile game prices for me.

I would like to know more about what I am getting for episode one from a possible four episodes.
    Is episode one a complete game and approx how long can I expect from it? And what time frame are the other episodes expected to be released.
    If I'm going to be getting just couple of hours from the first one then it is not a purchase from me.

The lack of info from the devs should be addressed.
    But I am glad for all of you that are so far happy with your purchase.

edit: I have sent an email to the devs asking them for some more info. If I get a response I will post it here if any of you guys are sitting on the fence because of concerns about the episodic nature and what that means exactly.

10. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    It isn't really a match-3, Lawliet, but it is a puzzle RPG. I'm just starting chapter 2, but unless something goes completely sideways, I'm pretty confident this is one of the best puzzle RPGs ever made, ranking up there with M&M: Clash of Heroes, Solitairica, and the original PQ.

To answer your question, you can play missions at any time. Once you get past the tutorial, the missions have side objectives, some of which are pretty challenging. After a certain point, you can freely go back and replay missions to complete these side objectives. Doing so earns you points to spend on a passive ability tree.

11. Bliquid

Bliquid Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    Quite a large app size, there.
    Are there dubs, animated scenes and heavy stuff like that?
    Also, does it use connection in some way or another?

12. aux80

aux80 Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2014
    That is a great question. I am the same way. I like a bit of a grind in these types of games. Someone already posted that you get to a point in the game where you are able to go back and play all previous missions. Sounds promising! I'm currently trying to find out how many total episodes there are in the initial release. Hopefully someone will have an answer for that. I must be patient, the game was only released this morning.

13. HippoHumper

HippoHumper Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2013
    This looks surprisingly awesome. I've been looking for another fleshed out, story-driven, match-3 RPG after Hero Emblems and I'm hoping this is it. The art looks cool (subjective I know but it does to me), and this looks like something beyond just match-3 with much more nuanced depth in the route you take to attack and how long you can stretch it out to strengthen those attacks. Hopefully this will keep me occupied until Mass Effect: Andromeda releases next week.

14. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    How dare you leave Hero Emblems off that list! ;)

This is really good so far though.

15. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    From their website:

16. aux80

aux80 Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2014
    I see. I will need to wait for more content then. One episode simply isn't enough for me. If there were multiplayer, then I would take the plunge.

<Edit>
    Is there any word on whether or not additional money will be required to purchase the upcoming episodes? Or are those included in the initial cost of the app? Paying for each new episode could get pricey.

17. dukat111

dukat111 Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2010
    I'm impressed, excellent artwork, animations and unique combat.

What happens to coins you don't collect during combat, I assume they are lost so you have to plan what's more important, pick up coins to hit an enemy?

18. ttcool

ttcool Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2016
    Man I was just getting into Kingdom from last week and getting addicted to the game, and I was waiting for Card Thief as well. Couldn't resist and just bought this and really glad that I did! Only played few mins, but it's super polished. If you like playing the Go series, this is a must!

19. raravan

raravan Well-Known Member

May 18, 2014
    sorry, but the "GO series" is nowhere near as goos as this game. in all terms.

20. Qvothe1331

Qvothe1331 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2017
    Idk, with more support comes the potential for more elaboration which means more time, but I agree fire the most part