Universal Ticket to Earth (by Robot Circus Pty Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Tychaeus

Tychaeus Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2015
    Man, I was complaining SO hard TWO days before this episode 3 update hit the app store lmao. Also, sadly I was on the mission where u break the barriers in episode 2....went to start back there and save was bugged...crashed every time I went to that mission and ONLY that mission. So i had to fresh start, I don’t mind cuz game is a pleasure, just REALLY hope it doesn’t crash on the same mission when I get back to it. Anyone else have this same issue?

2. dukat111

dukat111 Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2010
    I didn’t see a download option for the new chapters. Are they automatically added when the game got updated?

3. raravan

raravan Well-Known Member

May 18, 2014
    yeah. they are always added to the initial download.

4. dukat111

dukat111 Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2010
    In the purchase powers screen, the description of the ability has 3 symbols, a DNA Helix, Circuit and Skull with an =, up or down arrow next to each.

What does this mean?

Trying to figure out what first ability to buy for Rose, hard to tell what's good.

Thank you.

yankeeblue000 likes this.
  5. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Effect (stronger, weaker, no different) on humans, robots, mutants.

e.g., 'vital strike' has an up arrow by humans, and equals signs by the other two. Description: 'attack x 1.5 (vs Human).' There's no point using it on robots or mutants. In other words.

dukat111 likes this.
  6. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Does the iCloud backup for this no longer work? Keep getting errors saying it’a unable to restore. Know I had a backup.

7. aussiepaul

aussiepaul Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2013
    It restores ok for me.

8. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Just tried restoring icloud data myself and it worked fine.
    Try contacting the devs.

9. mcarthon

mcarthon Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2009
    What’s the length of each episode if you do everything? Thanks

10. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Fourth and final chapter now available. What a game.

11. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    Finally after all this time i get to play it (day1 buyer, waited for complete game) :)

aussiepaul likes this.
  12. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    I have had this game since episode one was released.
    I really enjoyed the combat but decided not to keep playing simply because the game was not finished.
    This is great news and now I can finally play it, start to finish. :cool:

13. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    #333 Gwarmaxx, Oct 11, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
    there is one thing that i still cannot understand in this business: why indie guys like Robot Circus, Trese Brothers, and a bunch of others, keep their games alive with continuous support through the years, starting with wonderful premium games, adding a plethora of free incredible content (new stories, new characters, new chapters, so not only bug fixes), and cleaning up all the flaws along the way, while others (even renowned) since day one demand exorbitant prices for their games and later for some stupid needless dlc, and then even abandon everything into oblivion???

how come that much difference? can someone decipher this mystery?

anyway, Robot Circus guys... CHAPEAUX for this game and the support, a MASTERPIECE!!!

aussiepaul likes this.
  14. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    To answer in a general and fast way, the difference can be based
    A) on the size of the company, the return of investment, the taxes, the costs, the number of expected sales
    B) on pure greed
    C) on a combination of both

fast example with very simple numbers:

1) 3 guys living at their own home develop a game for ios over 12 months. Their costs would be 1000 eu/month for each to live, so the “cost” of the game would be 36.000eu. Estimate premium sales at 12.000 people, so price the game 3eu to make back the cost. Include the apple cut, taxes etc and price the game 5 eu. Price it 6 or 7 or even 15 if you can to make a profit for next year too. (Numbers are purely for easy math)
    This is a “good” developer

2) Now lets say you as an investor need 30 people to make a ps4 game. The “cost” per year immediately goes to 360.000. Add 24% tax to pay them+86.000, Add company costs and space rent and lets say the total cost goes to 500.000 (for one year). You would want a 10% return if you invest half an effing million including publisher cuts taxes etc so the total cost comes to 550.000 eu. Estimate again buyer number at 12.000 people, the price of the game would be 46eu.

This is also a good dev.

Now take example number 2) and put it on ios insted of ps4. How many people would pay 46 eu “for a mobile game”? Maybe 100 worldwide.
    So you take the 550.000 and break it into micropayments of 1-15 eu that loads of people would pay.
    Then you see the 1% of the rich throwing money like nothing and you are like WHY THE EF NOT PUT 100eu limited edition collectibles and optional outfits to get some easy $$$.

This is STILL a good dev.

Now take the same one, but instead of optional cool collectibles put in “pay to lord it over the poorer” and “pay to get gambler addiction exploiting lootbox trash chances”

This is a dev that should be avoided.

Hah, cant believe i wrote all that. All the above are as a disclaimer my own personal opinions and the numbers are for ease of use only. But you can get the general idea.

aussiepaul, stubbieoz and Gwarmaxx like this.
  15. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    #335 Gwarmaxx, Oct 11, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
    ok, get your very well explained points, and i'm an old time gamer so can fully understand all that, but i re-ask you the question more specifically, and for the record, it's just a random example, no complaints here:

Massive Damage and tinyBuild... both well known indie teams, both active on different platforms (Steam, consoles, mobile, etc).
    MD publish Halcyon6-Starbase Commander in its later and complete Steam version port, ie with the massively enhanced Lightspeed Edition dlc included in its initial premium price ($6.99).
    tB publish Graveyard Keeper not in his later and complete Steam version port, indeed they choose to charge $2.99 for the dlc since day one, keeping in mind that the main game is already quite expensive ($9.99).

so... you know that old game "where's the difference"? :D

stubbieoz likes this.
  16. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I never did jump on this one but with these comments, the final part of the story being out and a sale being on....I’d be crazy not to so just made some space and hit buy.

aussiepaul likes this.