Ticket to Earth - A Genre-Blend of Puzzle RPG and Tactics Combat

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by cevinius, Apr 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cevinius

cevinius Active Member

Mar 21, 2014
    Hi everyone,

I'm Kevin from Robot Circus. We're currently working hard to finish our game, Ticket to Earth! Our game uses a new mechanic that blends the genres of Puzzle RPG and Tactics-style combat. We'll be providing updates about our game here, and can't wait to have the game ready for you to play.

The mining boom on New Providence is over, the Colony is closing down. Return passage to Earth is only affordable by one percent of the population. The final Colony Ship will depart in seven days. Everyone is fighting to get off world; one woman fights for Justice.

Exciting New Genre Twist – "Match 3" RPG x Positional Strategy.

Retro SF Adventure – Journey across New Providence with four heroes to investigate aeon-shrouded mysteries.

Fight For Justice – Melee and Ranged fighters armed with one hundred combat powers must fight against a criminal conspiracy.

Join The Movement – The Solar Consciousness Movement can unlock your true human potential. Upgrade your heroes today!

Nitrium is the Key – The boom may be over, but there’s still plenty to collect. Craft Nitrium, the miracle element, to enhance your combat potential.

Four Heroes / Seven Days / One Million Lives

---------------------------
    Robot Circus
    Web: http://www.robot-circus.com
    Twitter: @robot_circus

2. cevinius

cevinius Active Member

Mar 21, 2014
  3. Kimchisoju

Kimchisoju Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2015
    Male
    Caregiver
    It looks very promising!

I wish I could say I'll beta test this! I love the idea very much!

4. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    I need this right now

5. WoyBoy15

WoyBoy15 Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2015
    I will beta test if you will have me I got iPhone 6 and an ipad

6. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    Beta tester available here ^^ i love the look of it, great artwork and good story!

7. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    #7 Misguided, Apr 23, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2016
    Very nice! Been waiting on an update since GDC :)

Would love to see some gameplay at PAX.

8. cevinius

cevinius Active Member

Mar 21, 2014
    Thanks for the interest in our game. It means a lot. Hearing you guys wanting to try it really FIRES US UP!! :D

We're not quite ready for beta testers yet, but we'd love to get some of you to help when the time comes!

9. gemineye62

gemineye62 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2010
    I have played a lot of turn based games and I must say that the presentation in this game is through the roof!
    I love the game mechanics and the graphic effects for the attacks and damage animation.

I hope this is a premium game as I despise games with timers, and grinding to get the gems or whatever to level up your
    characters.

Finally, someone has come up with a cool way to add new life to the turn based genre.

I just hope the other parts of the game are as well thought out as the fighting mechanics.

10. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Not even kidding when I say my expectations for it are through the roof. In a year that is turning out to be one of the greatest for games in my lifetime (and I ain't young), I'm genuinely hoping this to be a contender for my favorite game of the year with the likes of The Witness, Grim Dawn, Battleborn, and No Man's Sky already in the running.

But in the words of Ray Lamontagne, hey, no pressure.

11. cevinius

cevinius Active Member

Mar 21, 2014
    Thanks, gemineye62.

We are planning to release this as a premium title. We're still deciding whether to wait to release it all at once, or release it sooner in episodes.

12. cevinius

cevinius Active Member

Mar 21, 2014
    Wow! No pressure at all...!!! :)

We are working hard to make this game the kind of game we would love to play ourselves. So, hopefully, it can live up to your high expectations! (However, I must confess I'm feeling the pressure now! I better work even harder to make this awesome.)

13. fatkit

fatkit Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Really happy to hear that this will be a premium game, great concept and I love match 3 typed game, really looking forward to this gem and good luck dev!:)

14. Tychaeus

Tychaeus Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2015
    NOOooIiice!

Yeah, I have high hopes for this game as well. As someone else posted earlier I look forward to new life being breathed into the strategy rpg genre, but I am also a fan of some match three rpg type games like Puzzles and Dragons and Puzzle Quest..and this genre really needs some fresh mechanics and gimmicks as well..This seems like SUCH an original and yet to be done take on both genres..huge kudos to the dev's for not just sticking to the same mold everyone seems to emulate to no end and putting an original twist by combining two amazing type of strategy/rpg types.

I will be watching this thread daily and stalking any info I can get much like I do with only 2 other games currently and for the past year...which are StarCraft Universe (Will finally be released this year btw) and Warhammer 40,000: Deathwing (which I hope will also be released this year). That's a short list..that this game is now going to be added to.

Please let us know as soon as you know any inkling of when there may be a Beta available! I would love to help test and polish the rough edges!

Sid.

15. cevinius

cevinius Active Member

Mar 21, 2014

Thanks, Sid!! Also, thanks to everyone else posting encouraging words on this thread.

When we came up with this design, we thought it was a really fun, new mechanic, but we weren't sure if other people would feel the same! It makes us so happy to hear that people want to find out more about the game and want to try it!

We'll post updates here (as well as on Twitter) as things progress, and we'll definitely get some of you to help when we get to the beta testing stage.

Kevin

16. cevinius

cevinius Active Member

Mar 21, 2014
    Thank you!! :)

17. skitch

skitch Member

Nov 17, 2013
    I'm so glad I saw this thread today, this looks really interesting. I'll be keeping an eye out for this

18. cevinius

cevinius Active Member

Mar 21, 2014
    Thanks very much! I'm glad you found this thread too! :)

19. kripa1415`

kripa1415` Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2012
    your game is so cool !!!

20. Dropout_Games

Dropout_Games Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 6, 2015
    The game looks sweet. Pm'd you. Waiting for your response.