Universal Thumper: Pocket Edition (by Drool LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jan 23, 2018.

1. lilneo

lilneo Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Work in State Government
    México
    Hello there... Anyone knows if the game support native iPhone X full screen? :confused::confused::confused:

2. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    Was hoping if anyone can answer one or both questions below.

Does this work well on the iPhone 6+? (64 gig)

If you don't have VR peripherals, can you still enjoy Thumper on iOS?

(Aware of iOS 11 requirement)

3. Someon

Someon Active Member

Oct 4, 2017
    #23 Someon, Jan 26, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
    I use device with A7 1gb ram and it runs very smooth. So you will be fine. Not even once it dropped single frame rate. It is still very nice without vr but i belive it would be a killer experience through one of these. Maybe..because althrough game is great in terms of visual, graphic, music, speed it lacks in terms of level design. To be more precise , difficulty level. It is a reflex game, and could be more friendly. I’m stuck on 2-13 boss.will try it later, but going 20 minutes through the same loop is..meh.. all this experience is great while you go from one stage to another, deeper in game. It is almost hypnotizing, but then you stuck and all the magic is gone. So this game shouldnt be hardcore.
    Still, it is worth to try it

4. lilneo

lilneo Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Work in State Government
    México
    IPhone X native screen?? :confused::confused:

5. Gluskap

Gluskap Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2015
    Spam more and hopefully someone will give you the answer.

6. fabianb

fabianb Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    What is Play+ actually? Is it the same levels but harder? Or more like an endless mode?

7. TheGreatEscaper

TheGreatEscaper Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2014
    From the official thumper manual :

Here's what's different in PLAY + mode:

You'll play as the golden beetle
    Maximum blue gem multiplier is increased from 3X to 4X
    Movement speed increases when you reach 3X and then again at 4X
    You can only regain your lost shell from a bonus-thump if you've reached the 4X multiplier
    Levels are exactly the same, but some tutorial sections are removed
    Die once, and it's game over!
    In PLAY +, you can also earn the new S+ rank. To get a S+ rank on an sub-level, you'll need to:

Hit all thumps
    Hit all red bars
    Hit all blue rings
    Execute all turns perfectly
    Avoid any damage

8. fabianb

fabianb Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Thanks for the explanation TheGreatEscaper! :)

9. jag64

jag64 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2010
    still no review: thumper

for me: this stunning game should have won the game of the week award: gr8 graphics, spot on controlls: and a rhythmgame i always dreamed of: SO: this miracle is out one week now and there is still no review( the same with pocketgamer): : are you boycotting this game or what is wrong?

10. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

#30 Anotherkellydown, Jan 30, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
    I am highly impressed at just how perfect a port this is. I found the tap/swipe controls to be completely intuitive and responsive. Finished level one on my lunch break wearing some really good headphones. I just love the whole setting, and the music is incredibly unique - everything about it gives me that feeling of impending doom. I hesitated because I have the XB1 version and didn’t see any Game Center support. Thankfully, Drool Inc included an extensive leaderboard and set of achievements. They were quick to reply to a tweet I sent about this. I hope more of my GC friends pick this up (I see two of you).

11. bx59

bx59 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2016
    just amazing AF

looks amazing, feel amazing, plays amazing and full on iPhone X. just dethroned Fotonica from my all time favorite one hand game (and it was there since 2014). needs a 5* review ASAP. we need to celebrate this kind of premium content.

12. mcmc

mcmc New Member

May 20, 2017
    God game thank you developer : )

13. Gurney Halleck

Gurney Halleck Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Telephony and Computer Network Engineering and Mai
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Absolutely smashed me on my Switch and one of my very favorite eShop purchases. Was just waiting for imps on the iOS translation and seeing your praise of the port to iPhone is all I need to smash this Buy button #

14. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    I’d heard good things about Thumper on the other platforms, but hadn’t seen much in terms of gameplay. I wasn’t prepared for this. This game is absolutely incredible.

15. yankeeblue000

yankeeblue000 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2016
  16. yankeeblue000

yankeeblue000 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2016
    I don’t know why I didn’t think I was going to like this game. I thought it was some kind of flashy endless racer avoidance game Which it partly is but its so much more with rythym timed attacks and bosses. It’s like a mixture of Wipeout and Rez. It’s so good and the tapping and swipe controls are on the money. I’m glad I picked it up It’s also beautiful and intense in sound & visuals. You have to play it with earbuds or headsets on I picked this up on sale but I would’ve happily payed full price for it