Universal Thumb Space (By Rob Hayes)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, May 4, 2016.

1. hvianna

hvianna Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    Male
    IT Analyst / Webmaster
    Brazil
    Yeah! The new reload system is really cool! Thanks for that!

I just noticed that when you choose to open a loot crate the ammo indicator still appears on the top of the screen.

2. 0Hayes

0Hayes Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2016
    UK
    Thanks very much guys, glad your liking the update! As you have noticed, the system is still a work in progress so expect it to have a couple of missing elements.

3. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Just played the TestFlight update and I must say that the new docking reload is fantastic. I am loving it. Kudos 0Hayes, great implementation. Simply stellar!!!!!

4. 0Hayes

0Hayes Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2016
    UK
    In that case, you'll be pleased to know that we have a new beta build showcasing the Auto Blaster weapon!

I'll be posting a GIF preview soon. In the meantime, we still have slots open to testers so get in touch if your interested.

5. 0Hayes

0Hayes Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2016
    UK
    Here's the new Auto Blaster and reload system in action!

[​IMG]

6. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Hell yes!

It's perfect! It's exactly how I envisioned it. It's freaken awesome! Thank you so much! This is fantastic!

Billy

7. 0Hayes

0Hayes Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2016
    UK
    Epic! I'll start adding the new ships tomorrow. Then I think we'll be ready to make this update live.

8. 0Hayes

0Hayes Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2016
    UK
    New testflight build is up!

The 3 community designed ships are now playable!

As well as these, I've:

- Rebuilt the tutorial
    - Tweaked the main menu
    - Adjusted the reload dock a little more
    - Sped up the Auto Blasters reload time by 2 seconds
    - Fixed a bug that locked the unlock all option unnecessarily
    - Added a loading icon to the game center button
    - Game center score now uploads when you are on the main menu instead of when you hit the GC button
    - Other minor bug fixes

If you folks still have any feedback to share on the Auto Blaster or reload dock please let me know.

9. hvianna

Jun 14, 2012
    Male
    IT Analyst / Webmaster
    Brazil
    About the Auto Blaster I would like to be able to shoot faster by tapping, just like the other weapons, especially when I'm out of special ammo.

10. 0Hayes

0Hayes Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2016
    UK
    #70 0Hayes, May 18, 2016
    Last edited: May 18, 2016
    I'll keep it in mind (because I've certainly been wrong in the past), though it might defeat the point of the weapon. The cluster missile should have a similar effect. What do you reckon?

11. hvianna

Jun 14, 2012
    Male
    IT Analyst / Webmaster
    Brazil
    But I think the Auto Blaster is the only weapon that also affects the primary cannon and makes it too slow for some elites and, after a few waves, for regular drones too. Why not apply the auto fire effect only for the special ammo? And/or keep the manual fire control for the primary cannon.

12. 0Hayes

0Hayes Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2016
    UK
    I get that, the auto blaster isn't as powerful as allot of the game is designed around having that extra level of control. The weapon is more about the play style and it's something allot of people have asked for. Or at least it's my answer to what people have requested.

However, what you've described would work well on the current rapid fire weapons. So normal bullet with 0 ammo and auto fire weapon with full. It removes control on them but it would make them a bit more unique.

It would also be interesting to see how the two play styles work together.

13. 0Hayes

0Hayes Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2016
    UK
    Another beta update has been sent out testing your idea. Though instead of changing the Auto Blater, I've made the gatling gun, cluster missile and burst laser automatic.

14. deadjam

deadjam Well-Known Member

May 9, 2010
    Male
    Digital Designer
    London, UK
    Before Rob reduced the reload time, I thought the same. But I've tested against the Elites and let me say, they didn't make it out alive :D

15. 0Hayes

0Hayes Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2016
    UK
    Introducing Ship Building!

Watch me design new ships for Thumb Space:

16. 0Hayes

0Hayes Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2016
    UK
    Episode 2 and 3 more ship designs! Get in touch if you have any ideas for new ships.

17. pixeldunce

pixeldunce Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2016
    Love the updates. Im getting better, now #127 on the GC leadeboards. Loving this game. This game needs more exposure

18. 0Hayes

0Hayes Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2016
    UK
    Thanks very much. Ah of course, Game Center has been fixed hasn't it! 400 points is pretty good, that's getting to the point where drones are getting shields if I remember correctly.

You might also notice now Game Center is working that all achievements reward some scrap.

Talking about updates, we have another that's about to go live very soon with 10 new ships! Some that were even designed over on our youtube channel!

19. 0Hayes

0Hayes Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2016
    UK
    Version 1.0.2 is here and with it, 10 new ships and an update to the rapid fire weapons!

Check out the ships in action:

I'll also have a new testflight build available soon where I'll be testing out the new Astro Attack guest ship!

20. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    #80 LordShad0wz, May 23, 2016
    Last edited: May 23, 2016
    I absolutely love the cross promotion. You have no idea how happy I am to see two awesome developers with two awesome games cross promote each other. Plus I get to play my favorite ships in both games! It's a win-win! I'm already testing your ship in Astro Attack. James has to add some flames coming out of the back of the ship. That's all it is missing. I used it for about 45 minutes thismorning to test it out. I can't wait to try out Astro in Thumbspace and slaughter some elites!

Also I've had no issues killing elites with the auto blaster. I'm effing loving it!

Also I love the new space shuttle you put in. I've been using that ship the most.

Keep up the great work my friend! I've watched all of your videos. Thank you for taking the time out to make them and show us your side of things.

Billy