Universal Thumb Drift - Furious One Touch Car Racing (by SMG Studio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Eli, Feb 17, 2016.

1. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    SMG,

I'm still getting the notification to get a new car. I take it that's in the next update? Do you have a list of upcoming changes for us?

And btw don't take all those idiot reviews on the AppStore to heart. I happened to go in there and look. Some of them are really just ridiculous. The ads aren't as bad as they are saying. And for $2 they could easily get rid of them. The only thing I would do is add a toggle to disable/enable the opt in ads and then place that prominently so people know the option is there. When I fulfill a mission, even though I have all the cars and paid my $4 I still like to watch an opt in ad to double it. Plus it throws you guys some coins too :)

Billy

2. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Montreal
    Well, the recent update fixed my mission bug. Now sitting at 50/50 completed, yay!

3. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    SMG,

+1 for a new track with toys on a desk.

Let's micro machines this shit

4. SMG Studio

SMG Studio Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2014
    First bug fix update went live yesterday.

Then we have 1.1 cars update. Should be 15 more.

1.2 will have more cars and a new track and hopefully a way to color your car any color.

1.3 will be hopefully a new mode and more cars!

We're doing a balance to economy also as I think we gave away cars too fast.

Android build also has low performance mode and allows even a Samsung s2 to play. Sadly iPhone 4 still doesnt work

5. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Thanks for keeping us posted!

And guys, you heard the man, prices for cars will go unequivocally higher now. Salute to all you stockpilers out there :)

6. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    #126 LordShad0wz, Feb 28, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2016
    SMG,

Thanks for keeping us posted. I've been posting to my Twitter feed to spread the word about the game. I have a ton of players and devs on my Twitter.

I need to get my coin on. Honestly I hate to admit it but you are right. I had all of the cars in about 24 hours. I did watch a ton of ads to do it but I did it. So I understand that you need to rebalance the economy.

You also might want to think about trying another monetization method. It might actually make you a little bit of money. Offer each car for $.99 cents and you could even have it so you can test drive every car for 1 play. I can tell you as a new player even spending the $4 I would have probably purchased the Delorean, One More line, and Rad Rex. I loved those cars during the beta and wanted those right off the bat.

As to your future updates that sounds absolutely effing awesome! I cannot wait! Being able to paint our own vehicles? A new track? That's freaken awesome! Using coins as a cost to paint the vehicles will be a great coin sink too that will keep people playing for those coins!

It sounds like you guys have a great vision and plan. Thanks for taking the time to talk to us on here. We really do appreciate it.

Billy

7. SMG Studio

Mar 9, 2014
    Selling the cars for 99c each felt dirty when we discussed it long ago. But maybe for those that want it now now now!

We just launched on Android so support is going there for a bit but submitted the 1.1 update for Apples approval today.

What other modes do you think we should add in?

8. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    SMG,

Dirty? Not at all! You are only charging $4 for the no ads and double coins IAP. In essence you don't have to purchase anything if you don't want to. It's not dirty at all to ask for $.99 for a car. As I said even paying the $4 I most likely would have purchased my three favorite cars. I much prefer to purchase premium games. But I make exceptions in really fun games with great developers that do their IAP fairly. You aren't overly charging. So I'm willing to spend a little more to contribute back. Especially with all the enjoyment I've actually gotten out of this game. I've played for well over several hours. I play it everyday.

What modes I'd like to see?

I really really like the idea of a mode where you actually do lose speed as you drift. To set up the next drift. I really liked that idea!

I'd love a track where you actually can drift and then catch some air going up and down ramps.

What modes are you guys thinking of?

Billy

9. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Id really like the night cityscape map to be more "driftable" for lack of a better word.

For map ideas I'd also enjoy a dune map with wide sandy roads and large turns for a satisfying round of deep drifting.

10. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    My favorite map is the city map with its neon signs. But I rarely play it because I last only a few seconds with all of the pylons the create cheap crashes. I wish they would remove most of the pylons or create a second version of that map without the pylons. I don't mind the quick juts and sharp twists. But those pylons just piss me off.

I like your idea of dunes! That's a great one!

Billy

11. SMG Studio

Mar 9, 2014
    Some random ideas for new modes. Pat the main dev might have his own ideas but nothing locked in yet as next step is another track which is actually quote different and fun.

These feel more like Challenges/modes kinda like how Trials HD had them

Checkpoints: A big open area and there's checkpoints you need to cross through to continue. Timer counts down etc. Checkpoint Champions was king of this (Also Aussie dev)

Slalom: You slalom flags. On ice. Our ode to Skiing Yeti Mountain :)

Fuel Race: You have fuel that runs out unless you collect it along the way. Car can slow down when runs out of fuel and you roll until Bamn! more fuel and you start to accelerate again

Giant Death Ball Challenge: Your towing a giant death ball in a larger track and use it to smash stuff that would normally kill you. Points only for smashing stuff

If unlimited filesize I'd also add a voice over giving you directions " crazy left, easy right, OMG sharp RIGHT!!!!" like colin Mcrae racing

Ash@SMG

12. sweetdiss

Jun 15, 2009
    Those all sounds amazing... especially the giant ball one

13. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    I like all four ideas.

14. SMG Studio

Mar 9, 2014
    hehe we're trying to crowd source ideas :) Any free ones you guys can give us :)

15. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Retouched version of city map and dune map (fuel mode) please

16. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    #136 LordShad0wz, Mar 5, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2016
    I really like the idea of the fuel mode as well! I definitely would vote on that one!

And a HUGE HELL YES to the giant death ball mode. That would be fun as hell! This would really change things up for the game! What a great idea! You could even have different ball types to purchase with coins. It would be a good coin sink for the economy.

I wish you could implement these right now lol!

I'm at $17,000 coins saved up. I'm going to be ready for your economy rebalancing lol.

When do you guys think we will get the next update with the 12 new cars and new economy?

Billy

17. SMG Studio

Mar 9, 2014
    New cars submitted. 16 new cars hopefully March 10.

18. sweetdiss

Jun 15, 2009
    Best idea ever: VR mode. Put the phone into a cardboard set and turn your head to drift. That would be insane.

Or maybe worst idea ever.

But you should totally do it.

19. bilboa

bilboa Well-Known Member

May 23, 2013
    Boston, MA, USA
    MFi controller support

To the dev, would you consider adding MFi controller support? I think for me that would make a huge difference. I enjoy the game a lot, but even after playing a bunch I never feel like I can be very accurate with the touch controls. This just seems like a game that would be especially fun with an analog stick.

20. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Update is out! Go get it people.

Holy hell its going to take forever for the Lamborghini. Lol

I swear if I save up all those coins and it's a pink car it's going to mean rage. Lol

Billy