Universal Thumb Drift - Furious One Touch Car Racing (by SMG Studio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Eli, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    My "glorious" stats...and no, skipped missions don't show up again.
    Was the iscream car the last mission?

Attached Files:

2. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Montreal
    Hm, I don't think so. I unlocked that back when someone discovered how to unlock it. Do you happen to remember what the last mission was?

3. putermcgee

putermcgee Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Seattle
    #103 putermcgee, Feb 21, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2016
    Maybe it was mentioned before, but if there's one nit I'd pick, it's that there's no driver in the convertible/open top cars... yet one flies out upon crashing.

It would also be nice to have a drift timer, at least when that's the current mission.

Real fun game otherwise! I have the 8-bit car unlocked, and I'm not sure I care to use another car ever again!

4. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    To unlock the iScream car, you gotta crash into a snowman in the ice level.

5. SMG Studio

SMG Studio Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2014
    We'll be posting a tip video soon. Ice level seems to be a love to hate level. It's our fave as really makes you plan ahead. You have to take a drift of faith on many turns

Some good scores in there.

The 49/50 bug... mmm we'll check that out.

We're submitting a bug fix tomorrow which solved an stutter issue for iPhone 5 when you collect first set of coins (it was a font issue!?) also introducing highscores daily and all time to the level select.

Then working on new features after this. The next set of cars is almost done. Just 2 more to go! Should be 14 now.

6. SMG Studio

Mar 9, 2014
    Ok what do you all think of this? (i attached image)

The review highlighted rated Thumb Drift 2 star. Yet the text is really long and complains about ad spam. Id rate the game 1 star if I had the experience described...

BUT... (raises finger in the air)

Members of the jury, this is technically impossible. We dont show ads like described. No ads instantly as open (we have a static cross promo one but only if you're on your 3-4th session)

So im guessing this is a troll trying to hurt the game? Which makes me sad. Or it is someone who is paid to rate up and down apps?

Also annoying the store is showing this at the front (im guessing because of the length of the review, longer = better maybe according to algorithm)

Attached Files:

7. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    #107 H4nd0fg0d, Feb 22, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2016
    Really well executed game but too one dimensional and luck based. Don't like luck nor do I like to rely on it. Great stuff for the masses. I'll be playing RushRally 2, peace.

8. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Luck? o_O

The one dimension comes from its arcade nature... Natural to generally all arcade titles.

9. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Had to take back that sheep statement, bad on my part. Ya, luck. More times than not luck seems to carry me further than any foresight or skill once you've mastered the controls. But hey, EP, what the hell do I know.

10. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    SMG studio,

Never heed the reviews on the AppStore. Most are written by kids below the age of 15 going on their parent's iPhones leaving reviews. You'll see a pattern of poor grammar, extensive use of emojis and just downright stupid reasons for rating a game poorly.

A typical review might outline that the game crashes on start on their devices even though it is clearly outlined on the description that their very devices are not supported.

Another one star review might entail something about a feature they would like to see added.

Bottom line, disregard those reviews. But I definitely think there should be a change in the Apple policy in regards to unreasonable reviewers.

11. blue rocket

blue rocket Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2013
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Getting errors and landscape glitches like this pretty often. iPhone 6s plus iOS 9.2

12. GhostMaker

GhostMaker Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2014
    Not sure if it's been mentioned before, but power ups would be good. Like an armour symbol that you can collect while driving that gives you one chance to hit the sides and still keep driving. Just a thought :)

13. SMG Studio

Mar 9, 2014
    Yeah that's annoying isnt it. We submitted a hotfix for a bunch of small stuff and I hope that solves this issue.

- Iphone 5 users will get a smoother ride now when picking up first lot of coins
    - You'll be able to see daily highscores and best for each level on level select
    - Bunch of other small things with langauges being fixes

RE luck? Well luck plays a part in every game and especially if you're new to the game. Once you get a feel for how the levels are laid out luck plays a MUCH smaller part in the game.

14. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Montreal
    Any news on the 50th mission? Maybe it just doesn't show up for me but I might be able to complete it.

15. Julio.aleman.509

Julio.aleman.509 New Member

Feb 26, 2016
    Gymkhana snowmen?

Is there anything special about this part of gymkhana or is it just an Easter egg?:confused:

Attached Files:

16. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    Can't recall, sorry.
    Gather 22k-ish coins? Possible?
    Oops, just saw this...

Attached Files:

17. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    I feel like I'm not getting any better at this game. I'm about 15 missions in, and I'm really enjoying it, but my scores are not improving. What am I missing?

18. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Montreal
    I have like 24k coins saved up since unlocked all the cars :p Just waiting for the new cars now. And I saw that my missions are at -1/50 too lol. I'm done!

I say keep practicing. Stick with the level you find the easiest (for me, it's the first level) and you'll start to remember the patterns of the obstacles. When you recognize a pattern, you'll have a general idea of how that segment goes and you won't have to rely on your reactions as much.

19. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Snowman = ice
    Cow = cream

Though I thought the Ice Cream truck was unlocked on the Ice level?

20. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    It is. And believe it or not by luck sometimes you can unlock it right near the beginning. Just in my zeal to keep going I didn't realize it lol

Billy