Universal Thumb Drift - Furious One Touch Car Racing (by SMG Studio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Eli, Feb 17, 2016.

1. tuyenpm9

tuyenpm9 New Member

Feb 18, 2016
    Oh my, thought that reply on toucarcade with ios app wouldn't be able, @@
    Thanks for awesome apps first, and please bring icloud save to make me really purchase all 4$ @@

2. jbsib

jbsib Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2011
    What are everyone's best dcores on the first level? I managed 863 but feel that's probably not that great considering I'm on a mission requiring 890.

Also on the ice level I managed to do a 180 and go back to the starting point, and then managed a score of over 200 just by doing donuts. Feel like that's cheating haha

3. jbsib

jbsib Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Oh and I just found the ice cream truck unlocked right after crashing into a snowman on the ice level? Maybe that's it. I've never managed to get into the shortcut but previously mentioned.

4. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Only 657 on first one, 112 on icy road.

Yes! Thank you I got my iScream truck after crashing into a snowman.

5. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    In the words of Lt Frank Drebin in the Naked Gun 2 1/2, I love it!!

6. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Uber fun game, hands down, but it rlly matters not which car I'm using as they all have identical handling characteristics. I can't say how many I've unlocked, it would have been all the same to me if the game only had one car. I've only used the wrx, it has accrued some serious mileage. I'll have to check to see what it actually is. Driving a tank or armored truck is like meh.

7. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Montreal
    Nice job finding out how to unlock the ice cream truck!

Anyways, my high scores so far:
    Level 1: 1241
    Level 2: 672
    Level 3: 196 (hate this level :p)
    Level 4: 190 (hard, but fun)

8. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Montreal
    I believe it was said that some of the cars have different hitbox sizes. So for a mission where you want to go as far as possible, you may want to use a smaller car. Vs a mission where you need to collect a bunch of coins, you may want a larger car. I might be wrong, but I think that's what I read.

9. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Hey now! Well, that's something. Thanks man

10. Leegames

Leegames Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Ex. game journalist and EiC now PR
    Denmark
    Frustrating and fun, fun fun. :D

11. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    I really don't know how some of you are making the distances you are. It's really awesome. I don't even care that I suck. I just really have fun with it lol.

One thing I've been thinking about though. It was mentioned earlier and it's an intriguing idea if the devs could do it. It would actually be pretty neat if we could have a track where indeed the harder you drift the more speed you lose. That way you could set up the next turn. It would definitely be interesting and fun if it could be done. You could have different physics for different tracks. They already have the slip and slide ice road. Hehe

Billy

12. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Am I the only one who thinks there are minute differences to how each car drifts? Some are more slippery than others, for example.

Some have better steering but too sensitive when it comes to drifting.

Anyway I'm stoked to get my hands on those new cars!

13. jbsib

jbsib Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Placebo effect ;)

14. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Oh how very so naive of me

15. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    #95 Qwertz555, Feb 21, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2016
    I'm at mission 40-ish, reach 1130m. Rofl, all my four tracks cover this distance, together, while 448m on Forrest Road is my best to date. But thankfully the Devs charge a fair amount of coins to skip ridiculous missions like this. Or like drift 39 seconds in one run, more rofl, while a single race takes hardly ever longer than 30 secs. (For the majority of players, i'd guess?)

I'm not sure if games like this (or Tomb of Masks) hold the majority because of this insane challenge, or if they lose the majority because of that...hmm.

While i love the idea of losing some speed while drifting, i'm still enjoying the game with my new favorite car (unlocked 30)...
    Formula 8bit. For my taste it fits perfectly into the overall look of the game. Now i only need some formula sounds. Vrooom!

I mixed the mission with the needed coins (55) to skip it.

16. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Montreal
    I guess you skipped missions? I believe there are only 50 and I'm currently on mission 41, which is to reach 1250.

17. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    Lol, of course i skipped those insane (for me) missions. (I edited my post above)

I'll never be able to reach 1000m, or my current mission #44: 57 drift seconds in a single run. As soon as possible i'll skip this one too, no drifty second of a doubt.
    Accumulate 57 seconds in '3 runs in a row' would have been more realistic for me.

18. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Montreal
    It just takes some practice :p I do think the first level is the best one for completing missions, but you do have to practice so you start to recognize the patterns for obstacles/coins. When you recognize the pattern, you won't have to react to things on the spot.

19. jbsib

jbsib Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2011
    If you skip missions will you be able to go back and complete them? I've skipped a few wondering if I'll be able to finish them later

20. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Montreal
    I would assume so, but can't confirm it myself.

Anyways, I just completed the 49th mission, but when I start a run, no new mission shows up. So I don't know what the 50th mission is :(
    [​IMG] [​IMG]