Universal Thumb Drift - Furious One Touch Car Racing (by SMG Studio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Eli, Feb 17, 2016.

1. SMG Studio

SMG Studio Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2014
    the intention was to not have you accidently click this. It was to make it easy to access in the same place you SEE ads. In One More Line we hid that button too far into the settings. The crash is concerning. We'll check that out. Not intentionally at all.

2. SMG Studio

Mar 9, 2014
    Thanks for all the feedback and suggestions. We're listening. Just in launch mode so cant reply here straight away.

Note: All cars act the same although some have larger hit areas. And some have special effects/carticles.

During Beta testing someone clocking in 2000 coins in one run. We're MUCH more generous with the coins than many games because we want you playing with the cars.

Any fave cars so far? I like the Yasid Inbound racer purely because it was custom designed for us by Yasid. https://www.facebook.com/yasidDESIGN

3. ShinHadoukin

ShinHadoukin Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2015
    #43 ShinHadoukin, Feb 18, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
    I want to buy the ad remover but would prefer to not be asked about videos while playing. It would be better if it were in a menu or something. I know I can skip the video very easily but I want to just play. Also, I will watch some ads, but not when it interrupts gameplay. I know When you wave an ad in someone's face they bite (I have ) but paying for an ad remover should mean ads do not hinder play. I want these to guys to make tons of money so hopefully they will update this game like crazy but I still like to not be asked to watch a video while playing.

Regardless, this is a fantastic game! I thought/think dashy crashy is good, but now I see that as a lane based game. This game you are steering however you choose.

I have only unlocked one other stage so I do t know what the future holds, but a mode where you race would be cool. Actual tracks with a start, finish, & lap number. The driving feels & works so well I think that would be awesome!
    As is, I love it! I'm paying the 1.99 in hopes for tons of updates (even with the video "carrot")!!!!

4. SMG Studio

Mar 9, 2014
    The base we have for Thumb Drift can now lead to other modes. So consider this "arcade" and then we expand from that.

It was one of the reasons to do a "car" game as they are not only fun but almost sandbox in a way to expand sideways as well as deep (deep being more content of same nature) and sideways being new ways to look at the game.

Has anyone unlocked the Ice Cream van yet?

5. Jack111

Jack111 Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2009
    Holland
    Looks great controlls terible

6. fabianb

fabianb Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Is isn't meant to be a simulator, lol.

7. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Looks great controlls [sic] great

8. RHess00

RHess00 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    Great game concept and design. Well done dev. My only complaint is that my thumb hurts.

9. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    #49 LordShad0wz, Feb 18, 2016
    SMG,

I don't know how it's possible to get 2000 in one run. I don't. I believe you. But I'd love to see a video. I made over 400 in one run but I have the double coin IAP and I completed a mission and I watched another x2 coin ad at the end.

As to the engine sounds I have almost every car now and no there isn't any car sounds at all. The funny part is I hadn't noticed it before and I can't tell you how many hours I tested it lol. Why are you guys worried about the file size? I download games all the time that are over 1 gig. Is it because of older devices?

As to the ice cream truck, no the game simply won't give me that one nor has it given me my favorite Delorean. It will be soon though as I have 6 cars left. Lol I've watched so many ads you guys should award me a gold membership or something.

What other game modes are you guys thinking of adding? I would love to see more tracks added. Also in Luminocity, I should have tested that track more in the beta. It's my fault really. But would it be possible to go back and remove some of those bridge pylon obstacles? There's too many of them and I'm not lasting very long on that track. Sometimes those pylons feel like cheap shots. I don't know if that's a big deal to accomplish. I hope it isn't. It would definitely allow us to enjoy the track better.

Also have you guys considered adding Everyplay integration? This game would be absolutely perfect with the short runs to share the videos. I bet there would be a nice community.

Thank you again for a fun game. Thank you for coming on here and listening to us and for a great beta experience. I was happy to spend the $4 on the game. I hope the game is successful for you guys/gals.

Billy

10. SMG Studio

Mar 9, 2014
    The guy did get 4000+ in his run so he had plenty of time to get 2000 coins. Ive attached the screenshot he sent

Keeping the game <100MB is very important because over that = only on wifi. And trust me that takes a huge chunk out of the downloads

Re modes: We're early days on that. Could be pickups (like a fuel) that you need to continue and the track is wider. Someone above suggested actual tracks but as there's not brakes it'd be more of a nascar how long can you go for :)

A new track is more in discussion. I want toys on desk :) Any suggestions?

Attached Files:

11. Jack111

Jack111 Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2009
    Holland
    Aparantly its also not meant to be fun

12. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    #52 LordShad0wz, Feb 18, 2016
    It's very fun to me! The controls are awesome! You aren't even saying why you don't like it. I don't even get how you don't like the controls. There's even a sensitivity slider in the options. The devs have done a great job with this.

I have 2 cars left to get. The Delorean and the ice cream truck. The game is holding out the best to the last lol. SOB!

Billy

13. collider

collider Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 22, 2013
    CEO/Owner Collider, Inc.
    NYC
    whoohoo! #14 on ice road. Who puts a snowman there??? What the hell were those kids thinking?

Definitely one of those "can't put this down, need one more try" games. Great job SMG!

I haven't caught up on the entire thread yet, but if it hasn't been suggested already, I'd love to see a career mode on this. Endless is ok for a while, but personally I like the idea of mastering a set track and gaining achievements.

I certainly hope you guys do well with this!

14. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    bought about six games over the last two days but haven't got past this one yet. It's like a 3D Skiing Yeti Mountain on speed in a variety of cars through all four seasons. Several shades of awesome and perfect for touchscreen devices.

15. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Finally. The last car. I got the Delorean. I hate you devs lol

Billy

16. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Kind of fun. Why there is no engine audio is bothersome. Don't rlly like the fact that the car loses zero momentum in drift. I love SMG and I beta'd a bit on this so they have my support with the ad removal and doubler. Rlly glad so many like it.

17. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    #57 LordShad0wz, Feb 19, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2016
    SMG,

I've encountered a possible bug. I've unlocked every vehicle except the ice cream truck. I just earn 684 coins. It's telling me there's enough to unlock a car. When I go to the car selection screen there is no button. It won't let me unlock the ice cream truck. The area where the unlock car button would be is just blank.

Billy

EDIT- YEP! For sure now. I'm glitched. I just hit the timer for the free car. I got the notification. I went to the car screen and nothing. No free car button. The last vehicle, the ice cream truck, is blacked out with a question mark. I have over $1,000 coins as well.

Do I win a prize? Lol I can tell you one thing. I'm going to have a crap ton of coins stock piled for when you guys put in more cars. You know what would be cool? What about monster trucks?

18. Sexy Pirate

Sexy Pirate Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2014
    Call centre / Parent
    Newcastle England
    Haha the delorean was the second car j got ☺️

19. TotallyImba

TotallyImba Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    United Kingdom
    Does his game have iCloud support so I can play the same account on both iPad and phone?

20. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    Would be nice, indeed.

I limited myself to the first two tracks.
    Luminocity is too narrow, and i hardly see/feel the contours where i have to go. Pity, cos it looks awesome.
    And the Ice Road kills any of my gaming skills (lol, none in this case). My best is 66 after gazillion attempts. No fun for me anymore in here.

Yeah, i hope my little four bucks help a bit to see a great update in the future. Even if it's just that one motor howling i hear after i chose a new track. I wouldn't care to have one sound for all the cars. Drifting without feels very lifeless, in my books.