Universal Through the Ages (by Czech Games Edition)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by currymutton, Sep 15, 2017.

1. AltsKev

AltsKev Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2016
    Male
    Developer
    first game vs ai easy, lost by 80...

i don't have understand all i have done lol need to play more

2. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    Gonna grab this one this week, looks really good!

3. Shortdog5150

Shortdog5150 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2015
    Male
    Syncing Games

Can you sync games between devices? I'd like to start a single player game and play it on my iPad and iPhone like I can in Talisman and Terra Mystica.

4. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    Terra Mystica is another one on my radar, how is it?

5. Shortdog5150

Jun 18, 2015
    Male
    It's great! Very polished game.

6. TheSop

TheSop Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2016
    Does the game have cloud sync between devices?

How does it look on iPhone?

7. Shortdog5150

Jun 18, 2015
    Male
    Terra Mystica? Yeah, it does. That's why I was asking if this game does too. I'm sure the multiplayer games sync up but I tested it last night and single player games do not. Maybe they can fix this in a patch?

8. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    If you are interested there is a good video by Paul Grogan that explains the game now it's the board game but it applies here as well. He's good at explaining it all. just search his name and Through the Ages

9. Avaniar

Avaniar Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2016
    Well

My win ratio vs easy AI is now to the point where I only rarely lose, but medium AI... well that is another story altogether. Makes me think of Medium AI in RftG... Wow is it tough (for me at least).

10. Patjelol

Patjelol Active Member

Jun 22, 2017
    I've played two games now. The first I lost by 40 points, mostly due to the events at the end. The second game I won by 10 points, mostly due to the events at the end.

My error in the first game was to try to cover all bases. Which made me lose focus. The second game I choose to focus on science and not meddle in politics to much unless they were events which not only could, but would benefit me. There was almost no colonization and military might was pretty even.

Loving this game.

11. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Observation: correct me if I were wrong, tutorial somehow does not mention that it is the culture score decides who the winner is. And you should not care less about the military. This is what I get from the rule book.

Suggestion: read the rule book after the tutorial, but before a game.

Whining: I still cannot create an online account, I have emailed the developer, developer says they are working on it...

12. bcjiowa

bcjiowa New Member

Sep 19, 2017
    online games are to long

Even at the fastest setting, a 3 person online game takes up to 3+ hours to complete. It would be great if they added a new new setting to get this time down to 1 to 1.5 hours. Anyone else feel the same way?

13. scott997

scott997 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    #53 scott997, Sep 19, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
    Use your Galaxy Trucker login. It is the same.

I learned from the tutorial that culture decides the winner. I thought it was one of the earlier things mentioned. But with so much going on in the game I can see how it could be missed. I've only played it once and the easy AI crushed me.

Suggestion, listen to the old How to Play Podcast on Through the Ages. It was helpful to listen to after playing the tutorial.

14. scott997

scott997 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    According to BGG the board game takes 3-4 hours to play. I'm guessing it is not the animations or notifications that are significantly slowing things down, its the people.

15. bcjiowa

bcjiowa New Member

Sep 19, 2017
    Online games too long

It is the people, it is the 15:00 minute grace period for each age that significantly slows down the pace of the game. Reducing this to 3:00 minutes per stage would significantly reduce overall game time. could they just add the option to lower this time when you set up the initial game? I have heard this same complaint from a lot of the online players. love the game but ther is no way you can play an online game in one setting. This will preclude me from playing online.

16. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Statement: Damn, I forget the account credentials...

17. luckystrikeguy

luckystrikeguy Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2013
    For anyone interested the new version of the actual board game comes with variations and a faster way to play the game. I'm hoping they implement this in the digital version. There's even a peaceful variant where there are no aggression cards.

18. privateman

privateman New Member

Oct 7, 2014
    This could help.
    CGE account webpage

19. AltsKev

AltsKev Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2016
    Male
    Developer
    any news about an update ?

game crash every time i lauch with data or wifi connection.

Impossible to login in the game, a popup show every time with password incorrect..

Iphone 6s ios 10

20. skoptic

skoptic Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2015
    Have you logged this with the developer? I’ve not seen any reports of this and working fine for my 6S and iPad so probably best to ask dev.