Universal Through the Ages (by Czech Games Edition)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by currymutton, Sep 15, 2017.

1. scott997

scott997 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    It is a little tricky. I don't remember everything exactly, but here is the idea. You want to but a three cost card, I believe it is calvery, it is military of some sort. The only three cost military one. You may have to play an upgrade card of some sort to afford it. If you haven't played one of the military cards you also do that to multiply your military power. The bonuses you get multiply your military power and end up at 14.

Hope that helps.

2. AltsKev

AltsKev Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2016
    Male
    Developer
    i can't finish too :( i haven't find the way to win the war

3. islesfan

islesfan Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Male
    Teacher
    Nevada
    Thanks. I tried the Cavalry, but then I can't afford to play it. I tried destroying a mine to get the workers back, but for some reason I cannot place them in the army. No matter what I do, I can't get my army above 8 and the opponent has 12.

4. Kramer

Kramer Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Buy the Cavalry and the other military cards - activate them and you'll have enough to win the war.

5. skoptic

skoptic Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2015
    It is the cavalry route that gets you to >12.... with a couple of other moves I forget.

6. islesfan

Jul 25, 2012
    Male
    Teacher
    Nevada
    Ok, that did it! Thank you! I kept seeing that the Cavalry depleted my silver tokens, but I forgot that it was the red tokens I needed to use to create Cavalry. That got me to 14.

7. AltsKev

Nov 12, 2016
    Male
    Developer
    but cavalry need 6 token to deploy, we have 3 after choose him...

how you do ?

nvm i got it :D thank

8. Alphaman

Alphaman New Member

Sep 16, 2017
    Is it just me or does the app drain the battery quite rapidly when running on a phone?

9. islesfan

Jul 25, 2012
    Male
    Teacher
    Nevada
    That's what I thought, but it was 6 science (light bulbs) not 6 tokens. They look almost the same.

10. islesfan

Jul 25, 2012
    Male
    Teacher
    Nevada
    It's currently my top battery hog (but nothing like Sentinels of the Multiverse or NBA 2K17), but remember the sessions are really long. So a game may use 20% of my battery, but it also takes about 80 minutes or so to play.

11. AltsKev

Nov 12, 2016
    Male
    Developer
    true that why i got confused :D

12. Alphaman

Alphaman New Member

Sep 16, 2017
    Yeah you do have a point. I think it's mostly down to the animations anyways, an option to turn them off might help conserve battery but I doubt they would implement something like that.

13. baconcow

baconcow Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2017
    #33 baconcow, Sep 17, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
    Despite owning the original board game, from years ago, I am pretty bad (only played the board game 2-3 times). Lost the easiest challenge three times. They were close, but I made a critical decision in each of them that cost me enough culture to lose. Great game. Very polished. Hasn't crashed again, yet.

Edit: Less mistakes during during that last run. Beat the AI 306-226. Such a large difference compared to my first few runs. I focused less on military and more on a balanced engine. I remember the old board game being heavily tilted towards military.

14. Avaniar

Avaniar Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2016
    Maybe

Maybe they changed that with the new edition. Never did get to pkay the boardgame, though i did play nations. Very good game that one

15. islesfan

Jul 25, 2012
    Male
    Teacher
    Nevada
    Well, after several tries I've progressed to the point where I only lose by less than 50 points to the "easy" AI. Still, a fun game!

16. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    I too need to get in some practice games vs. Easy AI as I feel the tutorial covered all I needed to know how to play on a mechanical level, but I have no clue as to viable strategies in integrating it all together.

17. athros

athros Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    DevOps
    Colorado
    2 player games are different from 3+ player games.

You can play around Resource, Food shortages - you cannot play around science shortages.

Military is important only to not be last (so many events key off of being first or last) - this is why a 2 player game is different!

18. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
  19. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
  20. islesfan

Jul 25, 2012
    Male
    Teacher
    Nevada
    Any chance of adding a level "Retarded AI" so maybe I get to see what it's like to win a game?