Universal Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales (by CD Projekt Red)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by skoptic, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Norf

Norf Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2020
    Posted this awhile ago on steam, but... just crickets.

I don't know which of the combo pieces is causing this problem, but I've replicated it twice and my game progress is on hold on account. I am using:

Angreni Blade, Marching Orders, Arnjolf, Dagur, Gabor++, Lyrian Blacksmiths, and a bunch of other stuff. When in the second round of a battle I use a Blacksmith to play Marching Orders out of my discards and then use Angreni Blade to play Dagur and return Arnjolf into play, the targeting ability of my cards breaks. When subsequently I try to use the ability of a card in play to target another card (e.g. Arnjolf, Strays Cav, or the Angreni Blade) it shows the targeting line coming from the last card I played (e.g. a Pathfinder) rather than from the card using the ability. The abilities also then fail to do anything, which is much more of a problem than the graphical glitch. I can still use card abilities that do not require manual targeting just fine (e.g. Scepter of Storms, Regiment Drummer).

Before the game breaks I have been using Angreni Blade to play Gabor out of my deck and using that to play 3 artifacts (Marching Orders, Reinforcements, Mahakam Ale). It might be that playing Marching Orders in mid-execution of the Angreni Blade ability (thus refreshing my weapon ability before it's fully executed) is causing the issue as well.

Please advise.

P.S. Also ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ the Gernichora Trophy card art. I have nothing else to say about that.

2. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Oo I forgot about this game, now I have more storage I’m very tempted.

3. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
  4. Norf

Norf Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2020
    Well, that's gwent, but I will give it a shot, thanks.
    Also amused that my posting a game breaking bug unresolved for months and without dev answer on the Steam forums after several bumps caused someone to say "ooh, I want to try that," but it takes all kinds to make the world go round.

5. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    I haven’t played the game before so most of what you said meant nothing at all to me, I didn’t read your post fully. Simple your posting pointed out the game to me again.

There is no need to be rude like that, if you are going to be rude here you should take your 12 posts elsewhere.

6. Norf

Norf Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2020
    We apparently have enormously different standards for what being rude on the internet looks like. So, to be clear, re my paraphrasing your post:
    Was it my adding an "h" to your "Oo" that was rude, or conveying the fact that I was amused that the outcome of my reporting a bug was that you became re-interested in trying the game?

7. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    That’s ok if it’s not how you meant it, I think it was your conveyance it finding it amusing that made me feel like you were insulting me. Just the way it all read really.

But I’m glad you didn’t mean it like that, like I said I honestly didn’t read your post as the first few sentences meant nothing to me. It was just your posting that reminded me that this game existed.

Now it’s my turn to apologise and say that I am sorry for being rude to you.

8. Norf

Norf Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2020
    No worries mate. Parsing intent is hard without tone, and ambient internet douchebaggery is present enough that you'd be right if you inferred it more often than not. Just not what I was going for on this one (I personally *try* to follow the game theoretic "tit for two tats" approach on the internet, but no way to know that in advance).

ste86uk likes this.