Universal Throne Quest (by Valorware LTD)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Gwarmaxx, Feb 6, 2019.

1. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

Just came across this game today because I saw it's on sale for $0.99. Might grab 9th Dawn II, too. Never experienced these games before, but I'm a fan of pixel art and dual stick shooters.

2. mgambino

mgambino Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2014
    9th Dawn II is a great game.

3. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    If it wasn’t for that jump mechanics, it would’ve been even better.

4. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

Does it support physical controllers?

5. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    An update log mentions the MFi support, so I guess so. I haven’t tried it myself.

Edit: I got mixed up with Throne Quest.
    I don’t know about 9th Dawn II.
    I will check with mine tomorrow.

sebgo likes this.
  6. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Just checked with my Nimbus and no controller support at all, though the touch controls are fine, but as Jstorm mentioned the game could have done without the jump mechanics. But it is a fantastic rpg anyways.

Regards Titan Quest. It is probably fine to play the mobile version if you haven’t played the pc one. Especially at the current price.
    A nice action rpg that still looks great after all these years. I found it plays really well on an ipad but I struggled with the small interface on my iPhone 7 plus.
    But keep in mind it is the vanilla version without the Immortal Throne expansion, which added so much content and quality of life extras that it makes this original almost a torture to play, if you experienced the expansion.

sebgo and Jstorm like this.
  7. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

Do you know if the Switch version comes with this Immortal Throne content? Just asking in case I end up liking it a lot on iOS.

8. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    #128 stubbieoz, Sep 9, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2020
    I don’t know how the friggin hell I got onto Titan Quest.

Just ignore my post above...... (I need to take my medication). :confused:

sebgo and Jstorm like this.
  9. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    I found you on the Throne Quest Steam forum, Stubbie:).

And yeah, I was wondering if Throne Quest actually has Immortal Throne update, because the name fits so naturally. Time for your peanut butter medication.:rolleyes:

Anyways, it seems Throne Quest is up to date with some big updates that happened 4 months ago. I guess I will try it again.

10. mgambino

mgambino Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2014
    The update seriously added a solid 25% of gameplay, plus a few tweaks to make control smoother.

Jstorm likes this.
  11. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    I just saw the update notes in the AppStore..... very impressive, and yes it was Throne Quest I was reading about and not that other Questy title. :rolleyes:

So I just went into my game and immediately remembered what the game was (and how good it was) and how it only gives you graphics descriptions.
    I saw I had a character of some level (don’t remember what now) but I did see 08:26(hrs spent in game I have since realised) in my save file but couldn’t remember how to start it and of coarse immediately accidentally hit the delete button :eek:

Looks like I start all over again :p